THURSDAY THREES

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

THURSDAY THREES

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 am

Some time ago LadyM mentioned doing rounds of "3" minutes. My thought was: "What can possibly get done in 3 minutes?" But I soon found out when I listed things with a 3-minute time limit -I was amazed at how quickly things spruced up around here. Going to set that limit for myself and then am going down to the rec hall to walk a few thousand steps (she says hopefully).

Dh has gone to the fire department to go to one of the local schools for fire prevention/safety week. He had signed up to go tomorrow as well when it dawned on him I have rehab in the morning.

Going to friends home for dinner tonight. Think we're having seafood alfredo. No
"dessert"
for me tonight. :? (No desert either. :lol: )

Slept fairly well after a BS low about 11:30pm. Ate some licorice and slept well after that. Thank goodness I awake when I have those lows. Do have to instruct dh on the what's and why's though in case there comes a time that I don't.

Think the RV repairman is supposed to come today. Haven't had any more electrical episodes (and of course it won't happen while he's here) in a few days. Had 2 or 3 over a couple of days. Have no idea what it is but it scares me.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thursday's PWYC - It's Tomorrow!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:26 am

I'm still working on the long list I set out for Tuesday.

Dh comes home today, late afternoon.

Ds left for NYC this morning with NotTheGirlfriend. I'm jealous, they have a great lineup of Broadway and off-Broadway shows planned.

I just realized that dUnc's 104th birthday is next week on the 15th and the 20th. (This doesn't mean he's only 52, just that he has is real birthday and the official recorded one!) I'm working the 15th in the afternoon and dh leaves on the 20th for Brussels so we won't be getting there for either date. Not sure we even have 24 hours free this upcoming week to fly down and back. Will look into it once dh is home. Maybe if we went down Sunday night and came back Monday night on the last flight home? We'd arrive after his bedtime (we can't physically take any flight before 5:30 p.m., don't know when the flights are, and the time change works against us.) Hmmmm, better look somewhere else in the week. Otherwise it won't be until the spring.

LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday's PWYC - It's Tomorrow!

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:42 am

Double start today. THANKS Kathryn & Dee!

I got a very good 5.5 hours sleep last night. I was surprised when I woke up how well I slept.

DGD6 wanted to snuggle so we are sitting on the couch as close as we can get while she does fingernail painting app on the tablet. 3 minutes until taking her to school. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: THURSDAY THREES

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:02 am

Geez, the one day I don't go back and check to see if someone else opened the village while I was typing an opening!

Oh, well, thanks to LadyM, I was able to correct my mistake. Dee was first, so she gets to open the village this morning.

I've drawn out a plan for the day; now to work it!

I was talking to ds about short bits of time and tidying just yesterday. He's now hired someone to clean for him from time to time (she comes in when he's either awake in the middle of a long stretch of days off, or in the evening while he's at working nights.) He still has to tidy though and finds he loses control of the apartment when he has a long stretch of nights, which is understandable since he's only awake at home about 1 - 2 hours a day and has things like cooking and eating to do in that time. He does use the time his meal is heating up in the toaster over (usually around 20 minutes) to clean his kitchen. But aside from that, he has no regular routines to tidy.

We were having this conversation in the 10 minutes before we were leaving and I was tidying the kitchen, starting the dishwasher and flipping the laundry at that time. Of course, he pays for his electricity so can't afford to run the dishwasher at just any time of the day and he can't just run a load of laundry when he wants since he doesn't have in-suite laundry. So that makes a huge difference. In the case of laundry, he has to book hours to get it done, even if it is being done for free at my place, which is part of the reason while I'll do it for him while he sleeps when he needs it done and is in the middle of a lot of nightshifts.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:33 am

I have one miserable patient this morning! He simply canNOT take drugs. Any med has much more effect on him than expected. It's in his patient folder, but drs still don't know what to do with that info I'm sure - after all, he needs the help, too, such as the pain relief of this one. He had slept so much through the day and still slept like a rock through the night, with difficulty getting himself awake. He was supposed to go out today. I honestly don't know if he can do it. I'll have to drive if he tries it, definitely, but I'm not sure that's enough. He maybe just shouldn't be approaching the rest of the world at all. I have cut the pain pill in half for future. Wish I'd done it with the previous dose, but good grief, that was 10 last night. As far as the shoulder, he certainly won't be pitching any ballgames today, but is tenderly moving it around.

I like the colors for painting. Have a shallow understanding of minecraft, and internet sensation with a hoodie. Didn't know it was that popular.

Funny about "not actively opposed" to an actor. Dstepdil is number one fan of the pirate who can dance the Futterwacken and used to have scissors on his hands. ;) I've had to admit to her that he does command attention. Comedy - that's probably what's going to make me think someone's "good" as an actor. In heart, I'm still waiting for the next Jimmy Stewart. Already knew lucylee would mention Tom Selleck. Tidbit - he was never in advertisements as The Marlboro Man as many believe - it was Salem. Don't look that up, though. We need to keep our minds on our work.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:43 am

Hi!

I have been very productive this morning.

Dishwasher has been doing it's thing, including sterilizing those 13 jelly jars again because today will be the third time that I will attempt this year's grape jelly.

Kitchen has just been an absolute dumping ground for more than a week. I have started doing some pots and pans and other things that get hand washed.

Garbage and recycling is out. Burnable stuff has been burned. I emptied the compost bucket from the kitchen yesterday, but we had the pineapple last night, so I need to dump it again. We have been invaded by flies and tiny fruit flies as well. I have 5 traps set around the kitchen that are actually working. We get this every fall, so it isn't the fact that this year I am being a slob.

Jelly is bubbly on the stove, the water to boil the filled jars is also boiling now, so I need to get that done.

I really love Johnny D. Tom Selleck... not bad. That other guy that played Jack Reacher gives me the absolute creeps. I won't buy the Lee Child books with his picture on the cover.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 am

LOL here: Don't look that up, we need to keep our minds on our work.

Why am I even HERE this early???
Waiting on dgd.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:12 am

Ironing done, laundry started. Now I'm starting in on service and sermon work, 12 minutes behind schedule.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 am

Breakfast
meds
make the bed
s2s
fold laundry
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 am

I am up waving to everyone, fed animals. Bs is up so no food for me now. Took a m meds.

I hunted up & found a item I moved yesterday. Kitchen looks good. Both bathrooms do too. Yea! Dishes & laundry are current. Bed is made.

I need to figure out where to move the brushes for my rock painting to.

I need to do a couple of those 2-3 min. Declutter hot spot amd 6 min. Declutter tasks did the scary clean under the sink yesterday. Erase footsteps from yesterday is my goal.

Return to “Post When You Can”