THURSDAY THREES

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: THURSDAY THREES

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:37 pm

don't throw anything at me but I had Christmas music on.
If it makes you feel better -I just bought rolls of Christmas wrap.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Yes, Harmony, you got the name right.

I never got to the third errand because I realized that tomorrow I would have to go back to almost the same place to pick up a med and there is no sense going practically the same place twice. But I did take yesterday's mini shopping list to the grocery and get everything on it. I wish my bill had been 'mini' but it included items like probiotics which are never inexpensive.

Getting to the grocery these days is interesting; there is construction on IH 35 (there is ALWAYS construction somewhere on IH 35 in Austin) to put in turnaround lanes where my bridge across it is. The lane changes on the bridge are interesting and seem to change each week. If they get this work done in my lifetime it should cut way down on the back up on the access roads.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:54 pm

AustinGranny, I guess you didn't get any of that flooding? I sure hope not!

Well I had to stop and run a saw out to DH at awful jobsite, he'd forgot it while gathering stuff to take. He is very upset about the whole thing and that makes him forget stuff.

Thank you LadyM for sympathy. I feel like I've been needing some understanding about it all. Got the woe-is-me thoughts in my head. Trying to get past that. How is your DH?

Ok, here's latest progress:

2nd LOL hanging up
3rd LOL washing, I'll have to use dryer I'm out of space.
All the dust and stuff picked up on floors except master bedroom side. Throw rugs shook out.
Washed bleached rinsed mop which was gross. Ready to use.
Dishes caught up and put away.
Brought mail in.

I just found out DSiL will be here for 3 days / nights. Some sort of golf outing with a few of his friends and he needs a place to stay. I will have to finish this work and go shopping for some food. And I'm getting pretty tired.

Blessed, you're making great progress!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:56 pm

Nancy under the kitchen cabinets and blessed swiffering and Harmony rescuing her entire wardrobe quick-quick.

Okay. I'm inspired.

Also many of us reaping the rewards of work - thinking Elizabeth techno-ing, Kathryn puzzling out music and LadyM with enough sense to have a pro carry out her planning.

Wanted to tell Lynlee I actually liked that she shopped so long and didn't buy - I know it's frustrating to spend the time but very cool avoiding the money-spending when it's unwise.

My 5x5 of the day is somewhat accomplished in that I got a few things done while out with HRH.

Back to being inspired by housework.

I really have so much housework to do. Better put the inspiration to practical advantage.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:22 pm

I have worked for 15 in the sewing zone amazing how fast thst went and how much better it looks.

Walked the dog around the block.

Got the stairs to the basement swept.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Good evening everyone! Wow...up to page 5 today. Every time I tried to look in to cuop another page was added! Everyone is so busy getting lots done! Awesome!

So much going on here in the Village this week; don't think I can remember all my thoughts while reading. However...RRose, I'm happy for you that your sight is now much better. Good luck on your upcoming teaching job!
...Harriet, hope HRH's sore muscles stop hurting soon.
...LadyM, thinking about your dh's operation, too. Also praying for the best for dbro!
...Kathryn, glad that dh was safe and is close to home again. Oh, that hymn is one of my favorites; now I'm singing it in my head! ;)
...Elizabeth, nice to hear the Bane report is now under review.
...(((Twins' Mom & dmom))).
...Dee, wonderful news for your dd.
...Harmony, so sorry this job dh is working on now is causing so much trouble. Sounds like she wants to get as much free as she can. I think she has topped our back yard neighbor with the potty mouth! WTG on the quick save of your clothes! 8-)

I'm still waiting for the next Jimmy Stewart.
I always liked Jimmy Stewart; also Cary Grant.

I've been hearing so much about the Calif. fires. I found this webcam, not of fires, but the effects to other cities. http://www.morganhillwebcam.com/ This picture is usually so very clear it has good detail of the far mountains. This city has a very interesting history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Hill,_California

We were up early this morning so dh could go to get a fasting blood test. The tech told us today that their company was closing all their Florida offices at the end of this month -- they can't afford to keep them open! Guess we'll have to see where Dr office wants us to go. Tomorrow dh has his 6 month check up with VA doctor. I have all the papers ready that we need to take him for their records.

I've noticed this past two weeks that the cost of gasoline has finally started to come down since the hurricane that hit Texas. I had gone up to $2.69 here and we saw it today for $2.29. Hope it keeps coming down.

It's getting dark here, need to turn on a lamp or two. Waving hello to all.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:35 pm

Blessed & Dee Earlier today I was watching holiday prep on U tube today while I on the exercise bike. Got compliments on my efforts the last two nites from hubby, and a compliment on a necklace I put together yesterday.

Hubby was on front page of the local paper they poured a memorial.

The dish I tried out for holidays worked yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Dh is home safe. Early bed for us tonight.

I'll try and get the minutes out from the AGM and the music picked. Traffic was horrid so there was no time to work while waiting for dh because he landed before I got to the airport.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Wow! 5 pages! We've all been busy today!

I spent MOST of the day in the kitchen. After supper I did all of the dishes, 2 cutting boards and the pizza stone that has been sitting around since earlier this week. I think we used it on Sunday or Monday for lunch or supper.

I think I might celebrate. Oops, too late... I forgot about the laundry that still needs to be put away from earlier today. It's on the bed, so it must go away.

Christmas paper rolls, huh? I should go out to the garage tomorrow and see if the mice got into them. Dh put them on top of the box with the tree, which is on a high shelf and I will need a ladder to get to them.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:35 pm

awesome d Nancy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”