Friday Phrases

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Friday Phrases

Postby CathyS » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Dh called and invited me to lunch. That got me moving and out of the house. After lunch I went to Costco. The parking lot was full other than a few spots way in the far corner. I ended up parking there, which is funny. The one time I think I might try for a spot elsewhere and there weren't any. Got out of there under $100! :shock: Paper towels, a large box of saltines and 1 box of the hot chocolate I always used to buy 3 of. I decided that IF I want some more, I can go to a regular grocery store and get a regular sized box instead of 50.

The I went to the mall across the street. There is a Wal mart and a Chapters and the dollar store that I wanted. Spent the rest of the cash that I had with me and called it a day.

Came home and watched the wasps try to get another nest started close to where that other one was. We might have to call the pest control company back.

Tonight is BBQed Italian sausages for dh and Oktoberfest ones for me.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Heads up latest round of scamers claim icloud security breach ignore them.

Payroll has begun.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:57 pm

DD texted they were home. DS9 walked DGD6 home with permission to stay as long as he wanted. He came back here within an hour.

I can feel my energy level plummeting. It is expected. I tend to remain strong and solid during a crisis and then crash later. Between DH surgery and DBro cancer over the past 4 days, I just kept on keeping on. Now my body and spirit is demanding that I pause and process

When DBro told me he was Stage 4, I was in the process of delivering the food to serve to the church family. I kept on going and got the food unloaded and set up to serve then I went outside and found myself a private spot. I broke down and cried for about 10 minutes. Then I took a walk on a country road while I was waiting for my eyes/face to return to normal. I didn't want to be around people at church and explain why I was upset. DSis came and found me on the road and we went and stayed with DMom for a couple hours.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:36 pm

LadyM: I've been watching Nashville and am up to the 2016/17 season which took an unexpected turn. I've been doing a lot of crying these past few days. I don't think all of it is for a fictional character, I think some of it is for items I should have cried over but was busy 'keeping on keeping on.' I can't think of anything in particular but given how much release I get from the cries, it would not surprise me if they are for suppressed feelings.

We watched the first of a new series. It is very good but really not my taste so I'll pass up on it. I need to find something new to watch over dinner. I have until Sunday night since we're out on Saturday at the pub.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Now just 2 kids here dinner is done. I rinsed off & loaded the dishes in the dish washer.

Sorted another basket of stuff today.

Sun came out this evening.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:49 pm

Ladym.... I am exactly the same way... no one sees me cry. I can hold it together and then loose it when no ones around, but mine usually happens when I’m in the shower... that way no one can see or hear me and I use a towel instead of a Kleenex
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”