Friday Phrases

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Friday Phrases

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:36 am

Sometimes we go through very difficult times in our lives.
Sometimes we just need to cry and mourn
They are a part of life. They are real.

Regardless of what is going on other parts of our lives, normal things continue to happen. Childcare cannot be ignored. Meals happen. Bodily functions continue.

REgardless of what phase of life you are in today, share with your SHE friends. We walk together through the valleys as well as the mountain experiences.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Re: Friday Phrases

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:47 am

very nice opening d Lady!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:59 am

I am up and going. No school happening today so my schedule is light.

We have the HVAC guy coming this afternoon to get the house heaters checked and maintenance completed in prep of the winter season.

The 2 bedrooms new paint is dried this morning so I can move furniture back into them and start the process of putting those rooms back together. I'm not sure that I'm putting the same window treatments back. hum......

I also have the kitchen ceiling lights to put back together. DH would normally do it but he is on limited movement for another 10 days or so. I'm just soooooooo very thankful that our kitchen ceiling didn't have to be replaced after it was flooded. I still find myself staring at it in wonder.....how did it survive all that hot water?

DH is doing very well. I'm thrilled that he is willing cooperating in following doctor orders. I do have to remind him sometimes because he starts doing things before remembering that he isn't supposed to lift something until stitches are removed...... But he stops as soon as he remembers or is reminded.

DBro is building fence today. I actually think this is a wonderful activity for DBro today. He is surrounded by plenty of help that will make sure that he doesn't overdo. He will be in the sunshine (it's a beautiful day) and he can have a "normal" day doing normal stuff. He needs to get in as many normal moments as he can before he starts the rigid chemo treatment that will limit what he can do.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:00 am

Hi everyone!!

Great opening LadyM!

I am trying to get myself out the door. I really want to go to a dollar store to get some baskets and black clips for the backs of my new curtains in the library. I would also like to get the sides closest to the bookshelves stapled in before dh gets home from work for the weekend.

No idea of what we are having for supper. Dh said something BBQed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:04 am

wonderful that your d bro is working with loving friends/family on building fence. Having a normal day is so so important. I am glad your dh is doing well d lady!

have a great day outside of the house d Cathy!

I am moving most dailies to tomorrow :arrow: (I will do the kitchen dailies : and manage clutter for each room ) kitchen am done :D
I haven't had time for French and bible study and most of all exercise - it's just an excuse about the exercise - I need to get that out of the way first thing in the morning before I am tired by late afternoon. My older dd goes to the gym at 5 every morning and that will never happen with me lol ;)

Happy Monday morning d lady and to all (d helia I am waving at you - thinking of you!)

I have my cards pulled.
Yesterday was supposed to be laundry day but I had to move it to today.

today:
scarecrows and Halloween
Grocery store
card shop birthday, thank you and happy anniversary cards
dd youngers dentist appointment to see about her wisdom teeth
Stop by train station and get another 10-ride ticket
continue on taking camping stuff out of garage so that mice don't get it
xmas: do 15 minutes of planning - Make up Christmas Journal again
set up family room cards today
French
Bible study finish

I am adding to Calendar next week:
look for dress shoes for pants
find a dressier outfit incase we go out during the holidays.
set up hair cut and hair dye appointments until January (I can't never get the young lady when it is holiday)
Get tickets for dd younger and dd older for News years with d mom in Florida (they go every year)
Get me a ticket for after New years
take picture of d sil's house to make a print for her
send d sis in law money for thanksgiving... she gives thanksgiving every year and it's unfair that she has to pay for all the rental of tables and chairs and food (she has about 35 people now)
print out brothers brochures
new vent for 2 bathrooms
Hire piano tuner
it is always a joy to be here with you!

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 am

Well spoken opener, Lady M.

I'm in a 'do nothing' mood today and appreciate having the luxury of almost complete control of my time. So I think I'll make some coffee and take it off to my Book Room and read ... after I take my morning meds, make up my daybed and wash the few dishes from yesterday. I was up very late last night watching post season baseball. (yawn)

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:06 am

Good morning everyone! I haven't chosen my phrase that pays today, but "keep going" and "just do it" are possibilities. It is essential I do PUPA for party. Two friends have volunteered to help clean! They won't know where to put things, so I need to get that done before Sunday. However, sweeping and mopping type chores don't require special knowledge of household arrangements. I will use a variant of FlyLady's crisis cleaning. I don't need as much kitchen work as she prescribes. For my breaks, I will use costume sewing. On the way home, I must acquire (1) gasoline (2) canned prescription cat food (3) pharmacy items.

Last night, at the animal org meeting I committed to doing two articles, one for the e-newsletter in a few days and the other for the printed newsletter in late November. I got the first done already, here it is:
Halloween is coming. That means costumes, candy, and plenty of opportunities for pets to dash out the door. Before the first trick or treater arrives, take a few minutes to make sure your pet’s microchip information is up to date and id is current. The alternative is scary.

After the meeting, I had dinner with two friends who were there. One had brought her new puppy, so we went to a place with a patio. I did a LOL so I could get dressed today. But other than the daily stuff, did nada. That is ok, because that was my plan.

Today, I have a minor modification to the bane report to make it easier for people to locate some data. Then, I can actually work on SOMETHING ELSE!!!

blessedw2: It may not matter if the opera was a comedy or not. I saw Faust as a teenager. My friend's mom MADE her go and she wanted company. Their rendition of Angels Pure Angels White was one of THE most awesome musical experiences of my life. Mrs. K was completely shocked - everyone knew my favorite music was (and is) heavy metal. And next time opera was mentioned as a possible activity, I was front and center.

TwinsMom: Maybe instead of a full length book, your mom would like humorous short stories (Garrison Keillor?) or one of the Chicken Soup series.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:10 am

Morning...

I Ditto what Blessed said Ladym. I love you brothers spirit.

Sweetie and I had a wonderful time last night. The name of the band is Get the LED Out and perform Led Zeppelin music. It was held at a 1000+ Seat art preforming art center. During the intermission we spent time people watching. The general audience age was 50+ and we spent time guess that the occupation was for everyone... there were many beards of different sizes and lengths. Saw lots of long pony tail hair on balding heads... most were dressed in shorts and t-shirts... not unusual of the desert crowds.

Sweetie said he though most men were lawyers and morticians, but I told him the morticians probably enjoyed the Grateful Dead more :lol: Everyone had a great time and we’ve decide we need to do this more often. I brought my sunglasses as I was concerned about laser light which cause migraine for me. They used strobe lights but still they bothered me. That’s the major reason I can’t go to most concerts any more... all I can say is ... bummer :D

Off to start my day. More coffee is definitely needed. Need to go to Wally World today to buy some personal supplies for monday. Sweetie and I have a wonderful night out planned... I smell steak and see great conversation in my future. I’m gonna enjoy my day hope y’all get to enjoy yours.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:58 am

Home now. But feeling 'off' so am being kind to myself. And paying attention in case it gets worse.

The test went fine but weird and I'm sore but not where you'd expect it. My arms and upper body feel like I've been bench pressing something heavy.

And echo-cardiogram stress test is done with me lying on my back. There is an exercise bike pedals at the bottom of the bed. I'm strapped down on my waist and feet strapped into the pedals. I'm wired up for an echo cardiogram and she does pictures of my heart at rest. In previous echo's I have to turn on my side, but the whole table tilts to the side instead and I felt like I was going to fall off. I think that's partly why my upper body hurts, I must have been pushing down onto the table to keep from slipping off.

They also were to inject a dye into to my system to make the pictures clearer. That's where things went wrong. No-one told me I was to have an IV line so I didn't prepare. Had I known, I would have paced the whole time I was in the waiting room since I couldn't be well hydrated (nothing to eat or drink for 2 hours before so I just had tea and a protein bar before 6:30.)

He got my line in and said all was fine. I was holding my arm still and the other tech had me raise it and bend it and at that point it started to hurt. Since there was no needle still in, just the line, I hoped I was just being over-worrisome, but no, it popped out of the vein and when he did the injection of the dye it went into my tissue, not into my circulatory system. Sigh...

They spent 20 minutes trying to find some place to get the line into me and ended up giving up, the tech said she could probably get good enough pictures without it. I had asked them to bring a warmed blanket but they didn't have time for that.

I'm going to call my doctor's office and have them make a big note on my chart. I can do things to improve the odds of an IV line going in but I have to be told ahead of time so I'm prepared within the limits of the test.

Anyway, I did the whole stress test part - I had to keep pedaling even while at about a 20% angle on my side and there were lights on the machine and a beep to keep me biking at a set pace. I never noticed it getting harder but apparently it was. If I biked too slow or fast, the lights told me.

My breathing got bad like it does when I get my chest pains so I know they triggered and got pictures of the problem I'm complaining about. They checked in with me asking at what I would rate the intensity and it never got above a 6 because I never felt the chest pain. They were monitoring heart rate and blood pressure and had me slow down a few times so I must have got high. About 2 minutes after stopping my heart rate was still at 144 so they certainly got my rate up.

Our Heart Institute is on the grounds of hospital but not in the same building so I walked over and got myself set up with the My Health program they have so I'll be able to see medical test result and blood work now. Woot!

Dh picked me up (I had texted him before walking to the medical records area) and we went out to the bagel shop.

We had a good visit with the super when we got back and have the proper fuse in the fusebox again (it had blown while cooking Thanksgiving dinner.)

Now dh is checking with dd about a visit with dgs.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:09 pm

OMM I have been thinking & understanding a couple of things that have been snags for me, the doing sinks they never mention moving on to thd counters! Well duh they need attn. As well. Also the BWP us different than the Home Blessing Hour. The home blessing hr. Is a quick spiff in the high traffic areas and not a deep clean. I was always frustrated bc I could not finish various rooms. Ithought they were the same thing they are not. Sigh ... they are diff. I for got anti procrastination day so did that Thurs. This week better late than never.

I need to get moving today journaling done that is about all.
Got another compliment last night.
I get Sat. & Sun. Off this week.

Trying go decide about where to move the small loom it needs to not be in the living room this season.

Return to “Post When You Can”