Friday Phrases

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Friday Phrases

Postby Harmony » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Kathryn, that test sounds awful!

I had stress test done once but it was just a treadmill they kept speeding up and towards the end I almost told them hey that's enough! But I got through it and they did do some sort of dye and I laid down on a table and they did echocardiogram. I wore a halter monitor for a couple days and I hated it because it smelled like smoke.

So, yesterday's work has me stiff and sore. Last evening it was really bad and today I can still feel it. I'm going to have to figure out how to do all this work in 2 or 3 days rather than 1.

So far today:
dailies done
dinner in crockpot
a lot of desk chores
answered a letter
1 bed stripped, sheets in the washer
wiped the leather furniture in family room. Doesn't really look good because the leather is wearing out but I know it's clean.

Phrase I like: keep on keepin' on. I don't always do that like I used to, but I like the phrase!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:45 pm

DMom car battery is 5 years old and died as soon as the temps dropped into the 40's at night. DMom arraigned for a mechanic friend to replace the battery. DH went to the friends home this morning to pay for the battery. The Dfriend was down in his back and didn't get DMom's car battery installed so DH decided to do it. ARGH. I asked DH if that was on his approved list of activities.....he thought it was. :roll: Thankfully he didn't bust the stitches while doing it. So much for him sticking with restricted activity.....

Last night I watched youtube videos about MCL (the kind of cancer DBro has). It got depressing so I switched to watching DIY videos about doing wall art in bedrooms. That lead to videos about using toilet roll as a paint application tool. Yup. I did it. DGD6 bedroom now has a wall with multiple colors painted with toilet paper rolls. It was amazingly easy and quick....and sorta addictive.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 pm

I have done 3 things in the kitchen. Dumped coffee grounds
Cleaned microvave inside
Decluttered window sill.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Bane report mods done and posted! On to something else for a change.

Like Kathryn, Briggs just had an echocardiogram. I imagine cats get to skip the part with the bicycle pedals. The working hypothesis is that he has transient arrhythmia.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Took a rest and watched an episode. Then changed into jeans and clean shirt, after washing off the gel which smell like hospital (the alcohol in it) and we went for a walk.

So I'm up to 7300 steps now (none of the exercise bike registered on my pedometer probably because I was on my back, my regular bike and I think dh's recumbent exercise bike both register about 1/4 of the steps I'd get for the same distance.)

I think I'll rest some more now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:50 pm

I think I need an new attitude. Got some things moved the loom is out of the living room now. I moved out not current hobbies out of the living room as well. My bedroom is worse but I can get to it the next time I do that zone.

Neighbors are using the wood stove and wind is blowing our way irritating. Sigh.

Got a new attitude after walking ddog.
Rethinking altered book crafting that is messy and cluttery.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:49 pm

Lots of work in dining area today - this is a problem area because dd19 used it for a staging area for things to take to dorm and things returning from dorm, then didn't deal with the leftover. But at least now the table is lovely and decor is correct there, nothing odd or non-decorative or non-useful along mantle or tables. Nothing of a wild color (she left plenty of that), but at least all looks seasonal.

One of the church elders - the one with whom we feel most comfortable, I guess - says he wants to come here personally and talk. I'm sure he wants to appeal to me not to resign as treasurer, but may also want to brace all 3 of us for some things that may have come out of their meetings - a lot goes through my mind. What this may mean, I can't think about, since I'd better think about whether the house is decent!

Some acquaintances I respect have lost homes in CA fires - their own and grown childrens', 3 primary residences with several children represented in the younger families, I believe. All are safe, also insured up to a point, but the 3 generations' worldly goods are gone.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:01 pm

I'm definitely in the sandwich generation PHASE of my life. Time and energy (physical and mental) stretched so thin I feel like a feather in the wind sometimes... and stress-eating so much I'm turning into a hippopotamus. But I know this too shall pass -- probably all too soon. Eventually I will be the oldest person in my family... and dgrands will no longer need babysitters... and another phase will begin.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:21 pm

I think dh might have a cold. He doesn't have allergies and he's coughing and sneezing a lot.

I've got myself connected to my health records now. And I connected dh in. As I said in H&F, my blood work doesn't get me an A. More like a C- so I'm thinking on that. I did see the psyllium will throw off one of the results so that makes me feel a bit better. At the same time it will up good cholesterol and certainly has in my case. Compared to dh, I'm a star in the good cholesterol department. My 'bad' is over twice his but he's on cholesterol lowering meds.

I'm thinking about dinner now. I obviously need to get serious about weight loss right away and am ill prepared for doing so at the moment as far as food choices go. Should have bought some salad while I was out earlier. Maybe it is worth it to head out again. That will guarantee over 10K steps as well for the day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:26 pm

The newly painted bedrooms are 95% put back together. The living room is restored to its normal status since all the bedroom furniture has been moved out of it.

HVAC fella came and fixed the AC in about 30 seconds (a wire came lose in thermostat). He was scheduled to do heater maintenance but decided it was too hot to turn heaters on so he could service them. I just checked and it feels like it is 92 degrees outside. That's the crazy thing about fall. Our weather has also been in the 40's this week. The HVAC fella said he would return to do heater maintenance when the temps dropped again.

Both of our older kids are going to Colorado this weekend. I don't think either one of them is aware the other one will be in that state too. DSon and family are doing a trip to Pike's Peak for Fall break. DD and DSIL are traveling to the place they got engaged in Colorado so they can get a tattoo. What're the chances they will run into each other over the weekend? About zero, IMHO.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”