Saturday Sabbath

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday Sabbath

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:25 pm

I'm a slug. I'm still in my pj's.

Although I'm taking it easy today, I'm not restricting things that I want to do.
** I like having 5 areas/rooms in company-ready status. I find myself wanting to fix it when I see it in disarray. I find this a bit strange because usually my slob side never sees these things. ANYway, I used the blower to clear off the front porch, walkway, and driveway. I dust mopped the entire house. I was going to only do the 5 rooms but decided to just keep going. PUPA everything in those 5 rooms.
** I painted more in DGD6 bedroom. I find those toilet paper roll applicators addicting! Today I added a layer of hot pink to the wall art.

I've texted with several people this morning. I don't know how people communicate without texting....
** DBro and I exchanged our typical weird humor texts.
** A DFriend texted needing DBro mailing addy.
** DD from the road (they are on a huge motorcycle). They left at 4am so they can arrive in Colorado in time to watch the football game.
** DGS21 wanted to come to our home and hang out today. I told him we would get together later today at our little town Fall Street Fair. DD hired DGS21 to babysit DGD6 this weekend at her home. IMHO, it's good for him to experience childcare on his own. He doesn't need to bring her to my home so he can be off duty. If there is a problem I'm all for it. If DGD6 gets sick then bring her here. Otherwise, I'm encouraging him to stay focused on DGD6 care there.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:38 pm

It's just as well I missed the tears discussion :| but one thing I can add is that dd19 benefited greatly from calling me and bursting into tears (I think I mentioned it here) when her computer science work overwhelmed her and seemed to have no solutions. Somehow, after the cry, she was centered again, answers weren't so invisible, and she could see herself as competent again. I think we are all like that. We need an emotional release at times - we were given it to use. Interestingly, she's the only one who has been aware of my tears since dfirstmil died. On the phone, I was attempting to read to her my email to inform my own side of the family of the death - 4 addresses - and couldn't get through it either the first or second time to her! How silly, since I'd managed out loud to myself, seeing how it sounded. Something about dd19 also hearing the words was over the top! ??

Would ya'll be surprised if I came in here and complained about the obituary? no? Ds told me in person that he would send to me by email so I'd see when he wasn't in the room - he's a wise person. (and nobody wants to be there when dd37 gets this - perhaps I should have warned dsonil of the impending eruption) Hmmm... ... I wonder if this obituary thing might be a pet peeve of Harriet's - one of those horses that are rather high for her to ride... ... She should think about that. But she hasn't learned her lesson yet. Thankfully, she has learned to put it into MO.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Oh, Harriet, I do want to hear about the obituary! After my fiasco with ddad's (leaving out dsgrandmother& her kids), now I am VERY aware of the difficulties of wording a proper obituary without hurting feelings of any of the living.
In fact, I have already considered my dmom's future obituary. Do I include dsgrandmother there? Dmom is an only child, so I would like to include her dbil/dsisils... but then do I also add the STEPils, too... and what about the preceded by, my much-loved duncle... but then that seems kind of ridiculous, you know?
Hopefully, this will not be a problem for a LONG while.

I do need to call her today... haven't talked to her in a couple days... still kinda irritated about that prodigal son of hers/etc...
But I do need to call her.

Also need to go out and walk.

SABBATH. Hah. If y'all were viewing my life on the big screen, you'd say everyday is my sabbath. * sheesh *

Also from yesterday -- I was never sure if we were talking about PHASES or PHRASES.
Some of my favorite PHRASES --

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

All things work together for the good of them that love the Lord.

I can do anything for 15 minutes. Or at least 5 minutes.

Sometimes what seems like the worst thing ever, turns out to be the best thing ever.

So far today...
:arrow: 2 DPCs... phone company & credit card company, b/c it seems I inadvertently signed up for paperless billing * on both * ... and as y'all might imagine, we in this household much prefer the old-fashioned paper envelope bills... AND now...
:arrow: everything in the refrigerator/freezer is melting. * sigh * We knew this day was coming...
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:55 pm

PHASES or PHRASES

I was talking about phases but typed phrases. OOps! My blooper!

We included non-family people in my DDad's obituary. We probably broke all kinds of obituary rules but I don't care and will do it again for DMom's obituary. They are next door neighbors that have been a vital daily part of our life for 70+ years. They have been a daily part of our family life for longer than I have! I grew up with them and they still live next door to DMom. They are in contact with DMom every single day and are constantly doing little things for her. They are in the "top tier" of people informed when we have a family crisis. They aren't family members if you only look at the DNA, but we consider them a part of our family.

I finally got dressed. I'm going to walk to our town's downtown area and browse the street vendors. I'm waiting on DS9 to finish getting ready. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Dang refrigerators...
Who knew ice makers were not standard in old-fashioned top-freezer style refrigerators? So that adds $99 to the price.
Of course, some of these do have ice makers.

Deleting big rambling post re: colors...
"Biscuit" which I have now and truly feel would be less "obtrusive" in my kitchen, is not available for 2 weeks!
Black, OTOH, is available Monday. So -- black it is. Stainless steel is also available Monday, but the man recommends black, "unless you are planning to switch everything to stainless steel?" Black will match the black dishwasher & black trash compactor which will be arriving in a week or so, as well.

Good gracious, when it rains it pours!

My goodness...
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:23 pm

hair dye done,
cards bought
bought a present for d brother for christmas
I just got home wowsers is 2:30 already.

spoke to d mom = she is still in her night robe watching a movie
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:36 pm

d harriet - I agree that we all need to release so that, just like your sweet dd19, we can recenter ourselves (almost like the GPS says: recalculating) to get us in our right direction. Who wrote the obit for your d first mil? Sometimes people in grief don't always remember everyone - its hard to not be included - I hope that did not happen to you and your family.

Sorry about your fridge d lucy

d lady you are definitely not a slug... you are always moving!

d nancy
cheering you on as you work

hi d kathryn!

okay I know what I need to do and I know what I want to do... I want to let my creative gene take over and I want to pretend I don't hear my adult side reminding me to work. ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:46 pm

blessedw2 wrote:d harriet - I agree that we all need to release so that, just like your sweet dd19, we can recenter ourselves (almost like the GPS says: recalculating)

I love that analogy!

Dh and I walked for frozen custard. This time we shared a small between us. It means I don't get any chocolate toppings but I only need half a cup, not a whole cup so this works out better.

I just worked out my calories for the rest of the day. As I'm typing this, I realize I didn't include the custard. Back to My Fitness Pal I go.

As well, on the walk I thought of something and I've not forgotten. It was an important to-do.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:53 pm

DS9 and I rode our bikes to downtown. We met DGS21 and DGD6 there. It took us a couple hours to make our way through all the vendors. I didn't plan it but being on a bicycle did restrict my purchases and the kids asking for things. We had no place to put anything that we bought. We did buy lunch and ate it picnic style while listening to a local band play on stage. I picked up our registration paperwork for the 5K tonight. I'm not a fan of the Glow events (I don't like that stuff thrown on me) but I wanted to support our volunteer fire dept so I am doing it with DS9.
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:08 pm

Waving to EVERYONE!!!!

Good gracious, this day.
I am still in pj pants & socks. :oops: At least I put on a bra!

Wanted to walk but the man is out there mowing right now...
Ballgame is already on tv...
I have not s2s...
Need to pick up dgs as soon as game is over PLUS load up coolers with fridge/freezer stuff and go get ice w/dh (who IS already s2s btw)
And I'm waiting on L owe's man to call me back b/c the first time we talked, my credit card was declined!
AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!
I'm glad it was declined, actually, b/c I called the credit card co -- 2nd time today, in case anyone is counting -- and yes, that fraud dept is working overtime (thankful for that) but apparently they did not expect me to have buy a trash compactor AND refrigerator the same week. * sheesh *
DH said, "Welcome to our world.

Finally. Done with the appliance man. Delivery Tues. Which means I will likely miss my 2nd meeting w/retired teachers. shaking my head...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”