Saturday Sabbath

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Saturday Sabbath

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:32 pm

I have sorted my necklaces, reclaimed a dresser in the m.bedrm, wiped down the inside of the fridge down before doing a store run yea! Got the clean sheets back on the bed. I got a couple of new shirts, and priced sewing machines. Rinsed out the shirts and they are in the dryer.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Oh Lucylee, too bad about your refrigerator. I like the new grey color they have out now, sorta a dull stainless color without the shine that shows all the fingerprints. I have stainless, a mess to keep clean.

I was so busy yesterday and especially the day before that; today I am still exhausted. I had things I wanted to do but couldn't get myself to do them. I did prep for dinner earlier and that's in the oven now. Dishes are done but they're all piled up.

DSiL is out but helping one of his friends with his boat. We will go ahead and eat and see if he wants anything when he comes back. We have enough food for an army. I won't cook for a couple weeks. A lot of it will go in the freezer.

Been vegging out most of the day. I could sleep for a month I think.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Waving from Sunday
On leaky eyeballs - they are mine lately.
There is so much going on here in village as well as in the world lately.
sending hugs and commiserations to share throughout the village.
for Costa Rica Storm and California fire affected Folk as well as world 'hot spots'.

The silky oak that fell down is sprouting madly from its sawn upper stem, now on the ground. This can't be allowed to grow 65' tall there through what seems a wood pile. I so need help to get it gone.

Lots of rain/storms these last few days. My washing is lurking about.

Must away and prepare for church.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:29 pm

I applied for money back as part of a class action law suit.

Cathy here are the details:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... -1.4354007

I also repaired one of those cheap cloth shopping bags that a charity sent me. This one has a zipper compartment that tore away so everything went into the main compartment yesterday. I sewed on a proper separator using an old stained pillow case. I've duct taped the bottom because it was getting holes in it. Not worth the effort and I received a new one just last week but I had put aside for our refugee family so I repaired mine. It is pretty and useful when I need a bag to hold my bullet journal and water bottle and I don't want to carry my large purse.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:30 pm

ordered cds for d mom for chirstmas: Mireille Mathieu Christmas and favourites, Tino Rossi, Edith Piaf
It's sad to go back sometime but it lights/and touches her soul, to hear that music; it brings her back to a happy time with her family (parents, siblings and grandparents) in france.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:31 pm

d lynn (())

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:34 pm

hi kathryn

hi d lady

hi d lynn

hi d harmony

hi d nancy

hi d lucy

hi d lady

hi d dee

hi d harriet

hi d everyone.

not a whole lot of energy here. d mom stopped by as it was dark all day and it finally made her get out of the house.

waiting for dd younger to get home on the train from downtown
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:41 pm

((((LucyLee)))) Having to make quick decisions on appliances can be a hassle. I hope it works out as smoothly as possible.

I spent another couple hours at our little town street fair. It is one of the 4 times a year they block off the main street and set up a stage at our only intersection that has a traffic light. Not a normal red/yellow/green traffic light.....just a blinking red light with a stop sign.

DS9 entered the Lego building contest and was doing good for the first 45 minutes or so, but then he stressed out and became overwhelmed. I saw that he kept pause in building and was about to cry and had both of his hands on his head. He was struggling to focus with all the activities going on around him. I reminded DS9 this was just for fun to raise money for the fire dept. He had already accomplished that goal whether he finished his Lego project or not. He decided to stop in his Lego building and just enjoy the fair activities.

I'm tired. And I still have a 5K to do in 1.5 hours. I'm drinking tea and hoping it will revive my energy level.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:47 pm

and he did 45 minutes before he felt overwhelmed... huge way to go for his work - I am sure with all the people and noise it was overwhelming. pretty cool - I definitely understand the visual/audible (sensory) over-stimulation - does he wear headphones for sound? but wow way to go to him on working on the lego's in such a busy event. Wow. What a great thing he has done to raise money. Very cool d lady.

I got dh's stamps in I ordered for his Christmas stocking
I got my Christmas stamps in

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:37 pm

listening to canterville ghost audiobook
time to do some dailies after making dinner

finished emptying the dw and refilled with dinner dishes, counters cleaned and sink shiny

Return to “Post When You Can”