what is important to you Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

what is important to you Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 am

"you define what is important to you by what you devote your time to"

Too many times in my day I go where the waves of my life take me. I get caught in the riptide of the day and before I know it the day become days and the days become my week. One would not know what was truly important to me based on how I use my time.

How about you? If you truly looked at how your time is spent - does it show that you are devoting your time to what is important in your life (or what you want to do in your life?) or is the riptide of the day taking you away of who you truly are. How can you make you, the people in your life and your goals a priority in your day before the day sweeps you away?

Sunday, is perfect on reflecting on your past week and the future week. Can you make your time this week to follow what your priorities.

For me: Am I making my dh a priority - and what about me... you would never know by looking at my day what my priorities are by seeing where I spend my time on. That's my goal this week.

Wishing you a thoughtful Sunday full of peace.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: what is important to you Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:19 am

I am a Domestic Diva today. Bed is made, the laundry is on final spin, I have made cornbread and done my meditation.

I still have almost an hour to get dressed, hang up the laundry and get packed up to leave for the day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am

ooooo a domestic diva d kathryn - I love that... can I also borrow that title to use it on dh and dd younger :D

(I think we should all have name tags that say domestic diva when we are working on our homes - :P I really liked that d kathryn

Wishing you a wonderful day.

I updated my calendar for the week
updated my basic week plan
updated my card file for week

ordered a book for dh for Christmas - he is so hard to buy for but every so often he finds something: he wanted Henry Ford's Plan for the American Suburb

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 am

I have been doing research on sewing, machine cleaning, new models of Brother brand and making feed sack totes something my Viking will not do. So I guess sewing is important to me today anyway.

I was under impressed with flay la*y hol prep vid an hour + long that rambled on and on and on....hello get to the point no time for that. Loved her accent however.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:59 am

d Nancy - I love a sewing day too!

I wasn't impressed with it either.. I tend to stick to Pam and Peggy cd for a reminder and Cynthia Ewers (to a point) holiday

dd younger went to see this young woman sing yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VATGBUBkrUc

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi!

I woke up to the smell of a delicious breakfast being cooked. We had leftover sausages, fried onions and baked potatoes that became a delicious addition to our fried eggs and toast. I hat a hot tea and dh had a coffee.

We are staying home today. Dh is doing stuff around here and I am doing laundry. I also have to fill the dishwasher.

No idea of what we will have for supper. Most likely a casserole. It's very windy here and rain is in the forecast.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:11 pm

sounds so yummy d cathy!!! it's windy and rainy here too (well the rain stopped about an hour ago) but definitely windy
enjoy your day at home

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:14 pm

It's very windy here and rain is in the forecast.
Same here, Cathy -though it's not uncommon for us & Kathryn to have the same forecast.

Dh is busy doing winterizations on several campers today. I went to church. Had a guest pastor who was candidating for a church on the other side of Rochester. He did well. Especially considering things went wrong with the sound system a few times.

Anxiously awaiting health insurance info to arrive. DS-R brought us a "notice" card from Harris last night -that info would arrive soon. So, I'm not sure if it will go there or to our post office box. Pretty sure the latter as when we finally got our info for this year it was mid-January with a forwarding label from our post office. Should have had it in October to make our choice. Since I most likely will change our provider this year, I need to make sure we have it on time.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:16 pm

dd younger is cleaning her room - alleluia!

having left over soup for lunch

managed clutter in family room, kitchen, dining room, front room
counters, sink, stove, front of microwave wiped, vacuumed kitchen and dining room, swiffer duster kitchen, front hall, and dining room.
finished my calendar and set up cards for the week
mailed birthday and thank you cards at post office box
paid bill (still needs to be mailed)
got one christmas gift in today by delivery (weird that they have delivery on a Sunday)

wish your dh an easy job at winterizations on the campers today d dee
praying that the insurance info arrives soon

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:16 pm

my sewing machine is where????? I haven't sewn anything since last year.

found it
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”