TUESDAY TRENDING

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: TUESDAY TRENDING

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Got distracted. Connected dh to Last Pass and set up a family account. That way I can start improving the passwords on things like our hotel points accounts. Right now they are all variations on each other, but had I changed it in my Last Pass, dh wouldn't know what the new password was. Now we have shared folders with the accounts we both need access to. Plus we can put in secure notes containing information that the other will need if one of us dies.

This is all part of me building up an electronic control journal. Once it is in place, we give the kids access to what bits they need to see in a hurry (like meds we are on) and the master passwords will be in the safe in case we both die in an accident and they need access to all our stuff.

Anyway, it is close to bedtime now. I've taken my vitamins and will go fold the laundry then get into bed. I wonder if we have hot water in the bedroom wing yet. We have it in the kitchen now so were able to run the dishwasher tonight. We had no water at one point yesterday and after that, hot water is always slow to return to the bedroom wing bathrooms. I'm hoping its back before I need to shower tomorrow!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:02 pm

I did some laundry not enough for a load rest will have to wait. Dinner is done I need to rinse of a couple of things to put in the dish washer. We had some wind here the dog did not like it.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:15 pm

All are safely here. Plans made for the easiest morning we can manage - BoJs. Except for me. I never touch the stuff, lol.

Listened through the wall from my desk as dd37 told the boys an exciting bedtime story - I could only hear the rise and fall of her voice rather than words but it sounded really good! I think WonderBoy was already asleep. He arrived with swollen eyes and was given a benadryl, but he's always the one who can fall asleep fastest anyway.

Oh, dear. HRH stepped gingerly down the stairs, but I said, did you remember your bedding? Nope. Back up and down the stairs right over their heads and noisy! oops. (he will sleep on the couch).

Elizabeth, tell me about Stratton - what was it that you posted about him?

House looked really good by the time the boys got here to mess it up! :D They can't help it. Big bookbags, cups, tablet/laptops, book stacks, clothes (also hanging clothes this time) and so much more! We had burritos.

I truly worked all day getting the house nice - I know some people would say how could you find that much to do, but you guys will believe me. Even now, the office and dd's room had to have stash and dashes.

I told dd37 that by tomorrow at 2, we could all relax. She disagrees. The way she sees the long service, I am underestimating and we should assume 3:00. We leave in the morning at 10 for visitation first, then service then graveside about a half hour from there.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:17 pm

CI: My Apron Days tend to focus on 3Ds.

Dinner (and lunch) = decided early on that supper would be beef & broccoli stir fry with brown rice and Sam's Asian salad, which made it easier for me to accept an odd mix of leftovers for my lunch.

Dinner pt. 2 = worked out menu plans for the rest of the week through the weekend.

Dishes = mostly caught up this morning; there's another pile again tonight but that is tomorrow's chore.

Dishes pt. 2 = pulled a few more things out of the cupboards to add to the donate box.

Duds = only had 2 loads of regular laundry. Since I was home all day, I also did a load of blankets and an extra load of towels/bath mats.

Duds pt. 2 = I'm still in love with my new washer & dryer. Since it was a huge project to deep clean the laundry room before the new machines could be delivered, I'm making a real effort to keep the room clean.

Tonight I watched a couple sewing webinars and dealt with some emails.

With the 3D basics out of the way, tomorrow morning I plan to do more decluttering and cleaning in the kitchen. In the afternoon I'll go to a fabric store for a few necessary supplies. Oh and there is a dollar store next to the fabric store, need to stop in to see if they have 2018-2019 purse-size calendars yet.

Elizabeth ~ Thanks for the encouragement about the faucet. I'm confident that I understand the basic instructions. The problems always relate to dealing with old plumbing parts and extremely hard water. And, of course, searching out where DH set down the tools last time he used them. :|

A few weeks ago I bought myself a sturdy tool tote. Whenever I find a tool anywhere in the house, I immediately take it directly to the bag. I have hidden the bag! ;) :lol:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:37 am

Booksaver I love it that U have a sturdy tool tote and that you have hidden it!

Harriet we had burittos too.

Return to “Post When You Can”