TUESDAY TRENDING

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: TUESDAY TRENDING

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:52 pm

I think I have finished my homework for Pro Gen - a week and a day early! I need to print it to PDF and look at it one more time, perhaps email to dfriend who is in another group. We've been exchanging homework privately - no rule against it.

I'm going to clean up just a bit and go see my dmom now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:09 pm

I'm back. I had a delicious lunch, which reminded me to add to my ever-increasing list: cook the turkey that is thawing in the fridge. I don't want to wait until Thanksgiving! I did get those lists consolidated and organized. What a chore! I will not bore you with it, just suffice to say that I have a busy week in store. Guess I should inventory party supplies (probably good) and buy food and drink.

I am working on a different report, thank goodness! I have sent paperwork to a financial person. She sent me one more forgotten form to sign and return. Fortunately, it can be done via scan and email. I realized that there is a women's even at church Friday. While I normally enjoy these, there is absolutely no way I can deal with party and any other events. I have cancelled attendance at the cat clinic also. I will have DD15 the whole weekend. Last time that happened it was disastrous. I hope I can keep my sanity.

I'm supposed to be in a meeting, but it is postponed.

Here is a link to Briggs' You Caring fundraiser page. You can see what he looks like. https://www.youcaring.com/Briggs

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Home from taking DS9 to his speech appt and getting his phone set up. I learned which app to use to monitor his phone activity and suspend his ability to use it if/when it becomes necessary.

I still haven't deep cleaned the last bathroom. I'm going to take a 15-minute break with my feet up and then get started on it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Back from my knitting meeting. Store run done. Did a rock drop. Need colorist time.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Home from a visit to dmom. She still has one hearing aid and I was able to swap her glasses back from her roommate. OTOH, the toilet was stopped up and smelled to high heaven! I let the staff know about it.

-empty the dishwasher
-clear kitchen counters
-make the bed
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi everyone. Elizabeth, loved seeing Briggs. I had 2 similar cats for quite a few years. Burt & Ernie. One got run over. Other one was attacked by something, we think a raccoon. I took as good care of them as I could. They had a cat door to the lanai and were fed in there and I put them in the garage when weather was cold or rainy, or around Halloween. DH is highly allergic or we'd have had them inside. We found them on the road as kittens. We both loved them.

Ok now I'm feeling sad.

Hard day. As if one bad job wasn't enough, now we have two. Their policies at this municipalities are very hard to work with. Phone calls go unanswered and our things on the paperwork were out of order and I was unable to use them. Guy finally called back this morning (my first call) and he was really mad because DH had gone up there and was upset. Somehow it's all my fault. I had a headache from stress most of today.

Every time something like this happens I hate being around people or answering phones more and more.

I went out to the bank and took returns to HD.

Been working on the filing, big huge stack from about 3 months. It's half-way done.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Back from the movie. I left about 10 minutes early and needed the extra time because access to the parking lot by the theatre is closed off. Dh was surprised because it was open when he went to a movie yesterday. The parking spots are still usable, but one has to take a different highway exit to get to them.

We picked up some precooked, frozen, pot roasts to try because there was a killer sale.

I'm off to a potluck next week and may take one of them with me.

The rush hour traffic was wicked so we took almost 40 minutes to get home (a 10 minute drive most days.)

Dinner tonight is leftover chicken from the other night.

I'm working on the laundry right now and will at least get the bedrooms vacuumed and dusted before we have dinner. I really wanted the kitchen done by now, but that won't happen until later this evening, if at all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:25 pm

I got that round done while talking to dd. Also hung up laundry to dry and did a couple of other things.

Elizabeth, I made a small contribution toward Briggs medical costs - I don't think my name will show but I think there's only been a couple of contributions so far? I miss having a cat, but dh insists that he's too allergic. Sometimes it would be a good deal for me - not have to deal with dh and have a cat to love on too. :lol: Where's the downside? But we're still here.

I need to start planning ahead - we have stuff and then a trip coming up - we have a bar mitzvah in the ATL Oct 27 - 29, then are flying out on Nov 5 for a week in sunny FL. This is dh's "premier" advisor trip - I'm a little put out that we'll be staying a couple of nights with another friend. I had planned we would see dh's very elderly aunt who lives in that area. (She thinks that while dh has morning sessions to attend that I'll hang out with her, sorry but I'm sleeping late and reading some books.... I'll let her down gently I hope.)

I need to plan a research trip to McLEansboro IL. Need to do enough research there to figure out whether my paternal theory for Caroline/Sarah Wilson can be argued.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Dinner is done. We watched a new series, The Good Place. Lots of laughs and the short episodes meant we watched two tonight but on rushed nights we'll be able to just watch one.

I've finished the vacuuming and the floors are mopped. Only the bedrooms were dusted, I'll save the rest for tomorrow when I can see better to do a better job. Still loving the new mop. I used up the last of my floor cleaner tonight. I moved with that bottle, part used, so I don't know if I should buy more or try and use up some of the other things I have by making my own with the borax or washing soda I have.

There are two loads of laundry to dry but I'm having some decaf tea now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 pm

WW meeting was no surprise. I gained 1.8 lbs. >>>shaking it off<<<<< And so I begin......again.

The WW forums are full of talk (speculation) about the change WW is rolling out in December. It is called FreeStyle. That much is confirmed because of the trademark WW filed. I like change so I'm looking forward to it.

DBro called this afternoon and talked for an hour. He told all about the chemo yesterday and his thoughts about the whole process. He is doing good and following all the recommendations from the cancer center staff.

DS9 is loving the ability to text. He is texting me from the next room. :roll:
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”