TUESDAY TRENDING

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: TUESDAY TRENDING

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:58 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Hmm, I just found some paragraphs in Notepad that I started a week ago but was interrupted before I could finish and post. Let's see if I can make a long story short:

1) It was time to renew home insurance but I was disappointed with the agent/company. It took lots of DPCs and Emails over several days but finally we managed to take out a new policy bundling the home insurance with our car policies.

2) Giving up on repairing the upstairs powder room faucet so I bought a new one a few weeks ago. It has become obvious that DH will not take time to replace that faucet unless I make a big fuss about it, so I'm going to try to do it myself. I need to locate a couple more tools before I tackle the job.

3) Last week in addition to the insurance deal I had dentist, many Treasurer's duties for sewing group, extra-long sewing group meeting, multiple errands with lots of driving & shopping, and normal library work schedule. Finally finished sewing the knit top I've had on the machine for months. Sewing for charity dropped off the list and will be attempted in a couple weeks. A young library patron loaned me her personal copy of one of her favorite junior fiction books and I made a priority of reading it so I can return it to her asap; I enjoyed the characters and story very much. Another young patron complained that the library's DVD for Moana wouldn't play, so I brought it home to try in my machine; it played fine and I liked the movie.

Nope, I don't know any short stories. :lol:

Today I am looking forward to staying home to clean. Doing a happy dance that library staff meeting has been postponed until next week. Apron Day with no need to put on makeup! :mrgreen:

Hi blessedw2!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:24 am

Hi!

Woke up to hear the furnace going! Came out to the living room and the window above where dh sits at his computer was closed. He is rarely cold, so it must have been cold enough for him to turn on the furnace. I was under my cuddly warm blankets.

I have the monthly Women's Institute meeting at 1:30.

No ideas for supper.

Dh and went and walked around Costco last night. We bought a double sided puzzle for his mom and a 4 pack of Tums.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 am

Our heat went on last week so I've been keeping the windows open to try and keep it at a reasonable temperature. Without them open, it will be 75 or higher. That sounds wonderful except that people who have to pay for heat keep their homes much closer to 70 and we need to be prepared for that, not get used to the 75.

I have finished cleaning the fridge and letting it cool. It is not quite cold enough yet to put things back so I'm giving it another 20 minutes. I still haven't found my fridge thermometer. It must be in the deep freezer. I've been using an ear canal thermometer that you can just press anywhere and it will give a reading. I bought it for Dad when he was too sick to hold a thermometer in his mouth. It works well for small children as well (not that I had any at that point) and also for things like this (an instant reading of the air around it.)

I also cleaned the oven. I was going to run the self clean but it didn't need it, a wipe out got all the stuff off the bottom. You can tell I hardly use my big oven, mostly because it takes too long to heat up (about 25 minutes to get to 400 degrees.) I have a counter top convection oven that is most decidedly NOT clean and I use that almost daily because it heats up fast. I guess I'll clean that later today.

There was a fair bit to toss from the fridge so I think I have all that done. I'll do the same with the freezer contents when I move them over. I keep a lot of frozen jugs of water in both freezers, just in case, and that worked in my favour today since I had them to put in the cooler (which is lovely and cool so the milk went back down to a better temperature quite quickly and it still tastes fine.)

I'm not going to think if my yogurt is OK. Bacon and cheese should be fine. One is smoked, the other can stand coming up in temperature. Eggs don't need to be refrigerated (that's a North American thing) so I never moved them from the fridge. Same with the pickles and condiments.

I can't get s2s right now because they are working on my bedroom window. So I'm hiding in the living room.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:49 am

We are watching the men put the refrigerator in. They have to reverse the doors and install the ice maker. Man seemed surprised that I wanted to switch the doors. Wouldn't you want your door to open toward the sink and the cabinet where glasses are, rather than having to walk around the door every time you put ice in a glass? Smh...
Dh shaking his head. While they were outside, he said, "Boy they're slow! John (man who used to work for his dad) would have been done with this and halfway to the next house!"

At least I'm s2s already...
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:05 am

Black is DEFINITELY going to show smudges a LOT worse than the almond color we had before... but this man also recommends black over stainless steel.
Sigh...
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:16 am

Waving to all posting in other threads today so far.
Trash is at the curb.
s2s x
Quick traffic area mop. X
Dining room zone work this week later on.
Plan & play day.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:42 am

Dishes are all done and the kitchen is mostly clean. Bed is made. Living room is tidy.

Doing some stitching.

I think I might make a chicken casserole for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:13 pm

Good morning everyone! Yesterday, I got good feedback on the new version of the bane report. It was cc'd to my boss, the division manager, and the deputy division manager. Cool beans! Last night, I was early for dance class, so I stopped at the hardware store to get more keys made. I know where the "disappeared" ones are: DD15 has them, and that is a perfectly good place for them to be. When I got home the cats had made a massive spill in my newly cleaned kitchen. <sigh> Got that taken care of, a LOL, daily stuff, and cleaned the cabinet and mirror in the master bath. Remaining party cleanup is MBR and mop master bath floor, plus any PUPA that happens in the intervening time.

I made one decision that will simplify my life party-wise. I will not finish sewing the costume shirt in time. I have a Plan B and need to use it! I am not exactly sure what my focus this evening will be. Consolidating lists is a task for this afternoon. I do know it is Girls' Night Out with DD15. Finals were last week, so there may or may not be homework. Obviously, I am broke with my financial fiasco. Kathryn's suggestion of a cash advance may have been the right way to go. I've never done a cash advance, so I didn't think of it.

I like Harriet's suggestion of the picture of our sign. In addition, we have a permanently installed stained glass window incorporating the Methodist "logo". I think our pastor's motivations are good - he does not want our church to become divided over "social issues" (a euphemism for LBGT issues). He would probably be surprised that I don't have the slightest problem with LBGT members of our church or the church as a whole. The sins on my conscience are more destructive than loving someone.

I'm so glad to see the new fridge being installed at lucylee's place. If I can install a faucet, so can Booksaver! The instructions were in the package.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:55 pm

(sigh) Did all my morning tasks plus cooked a favorite wild/brown rice mix in my little slow cooker.

Went looking for my reading glasses to read the directions on the gravy mix to pour over rice for lunch.
Finally discovered them neatly clipped to the front of the shirt I was wearing, exactly where I put them after reading the directions for making the rice earlier.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Elizabeth: you pastor might also be wanting your congregation to be aware of what the current theological thinking is. The Church is currently moving to a post-Christendom society. It is no longer in sync with the political forces. Political forces may court Christians but they don't return the favour by respecting Christian values.

So the Christians are returning to life as it was post resurrection, when it was not the majority, when the laws, behaviour and language did not reflect what the Followers of the Way were trying to establish as instructed by Jesus and led by the disciples.

In this time, church's are more closely studying what the Bible says about living in such a world and discovering that often means throwing out 'church rules' that were not based on Scripture at all. For instance, the leadership of women in church. Just last week our Epistle reading was Paul was talking about two women who were serving alongside him and Clement. That would be news to Harriet's church!

I'm finally s2s. I need to leave in less than an hour so must get my lunch now. I have a killer headache from the chemicals I was using to clean the toaster over (an SOS pad, nothing out of the ordinary.)

Return to “Post When You Can”