anti-procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

anti-procrastination Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 am

Hi GOOD MORNING!!!

Do you ever need an anti procrastination day...I have a 3 x 5 that says "anti procrastination fun day" that I use almost like a tickler; it reminds of things that I keep putting to the side. It's almost like my d mom and d grandmothers advice to do the worst job first and see it as a good challenge. I don't know if you are ever like me - I ALWAYS PROCRASTINATE better than anyone else I know. That's why I need an ANTI-PROCRASTINATION DAY.

is there anything that you have put off? Can you do one job (small or large) that you have been putting off?

I wish you a brilliant day!!! :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: anti-procrastination Wednesday

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 am

I have lots of those that can make an entire list, Blessed. I'll start that list before I go for my dr. appointment in a couple of hours.

Dh is beginning to feel a little better. And definitely the water weight is coming off. Thank goodness. Picked up his 30-day supply of potassium at W algreens yesterday. They're horse pills compared to the ones he gets from xpress scripts. Those will be coming next week. Have to ask my dr. for a few renewals today. Just hoping everything gets here before we leave. See those potassium pills aren't even being shipped until 10/23????? That just doesn't seem right. I may have to call them as it may be an insurance issue because of having to get a month's supply from the pharmacy.

BIG on my anti procrastination list is the rest of containers I need to sort and file -they're all sitting here on the floor right next to my computer.

Our car is going away for the weekend to be detailed. Dneighbor and I are taking our cars down to another camper several miles from here. She's taking her car, I'm taking ours and her cousin is taking hers. We're all meeting Mr. dneighbor after he gets out of work and he'll bring us all back. Going to be out of the way for him to bring me back and then pick me up probably Sunday to go back and get the cars. Think it's only costing us $45 to have it all vacced, washed and waxed though.

Better get at that list. Off I go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:03 am

Hi!

I'm almost ready to head out the door to the Ford dealership. Dh said to just look and get the free gift because the only cars available that are smaller than my Focus are the Fiestas and they all only come with Ecoboost, which isn't a good option, even though they try to make you believe that it is. (Causes problems after about a year with blockages or something, he started to explain and quickly got technical.) So... I'm going, but not to actually buy.

We are having the chicken and rice casserole tonight because I didn't have time to cook it after I got home yesterday.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:13 am

I was going to call today The best of habits and the worst of habits, (similar to The Tale of Two Cities), because I have become very aware of my messy habits, especially at night, that tends to give me much more work in the morning then I need. I have to figure this out - that's going to be my first anti-procrastination focus over the next week.

I have become more aware of my good and bad habits

I have been good at don't pass it up but pick it up and put it away but I am horrible with putting the bags of shopping away on the day I go shopping.

my anti-procrastination focus to work on
A bad bad habit: shopping and then not putting the things away.

Today: It's time for everyone in my family to see that we are guilty of this habit. It makes the house look like it was hit by a cyclone. ;) :D

At this moment the visual of my home is such:

-kitchen table sewing project growing (including paperwork)
-tar get xmas bags on the dining room table, the front hall, and my rolling cooking card in our kitchen.
-The other day I went Grocery shopping and it took me until the next day to put the non-perishable away.
- My car is filled with things I should have tossed yesterday when I came home or with things that should have been brought into the house.
:shock: ;)

Also I realize that my wish to finish my scarecrow is not a practical one. I have everything together except blue jeans and dh's old shirt but If I take the time to finish it then I won't have time on my other projects for the holidays. So today I am going to put all the ingredients for the scarecrow together and put it away for next September. Sewing is supposed to be fun and not stressful.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:16 am

I am so happy your dh is feeling better d dee!!! have a great day!

d cathy it looks like you and our d dee have cars on your minds. Wishing you a good day out of the house!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:22 am

Blessed: About shopping: there are 30 rolls of toilet paper waiting to be returned to Costco in my car. We bought them and then when I went to put them away, the next day, I discovered I already had more than enough (i.e. 6 months worth!)

As for anti-procrastination, before coming here, I decided to look at my Google Calendar to-do list. The first item for today was to work on the church service. I don't have another service until November 12 but I had promised myself I would not put that off until the last minute.

In anti-procrastination mode: I looked up the passages, checked to see if I'd written anything (I had but have already used it at the retirement home) and then suddenly had a spark, so opened up a sermon file for that day to write down the opening. That led to an almost complete sermon and I was just working a tease for the following week, when suddenly a bell went off in my head. Sure enough, I'm not there for 2 weeks in a row so the sermon I was writing couldn't flow into the next week's lesson. I had looked up the wrong lesson!

By the time I had realized this, I had an almost fully written sermon. So I relabeled the sermon file with the correct date, put extra search words into it so if I'm looking in the future, I'll find the work and then noted it was unpreached and unfinished. Hopefully this will help me in the future.

Unfortunately, I'm now no further along than I was over an hour ago. (it was one of those sermons that just poured out of me in no time flat, instead of struggling to pull the words out - sigh....)

So much for anti-procrastination!

My body aches all over. As well, I haven't slept well since I stopped the ibuprofen at night. Obviously, it was keeping inflammation in check enough that I could manage. I'll journal what has happened some where that I'll find when I see the doctor next. Then I'll decide whether to continue with this experiment of not or just go back to the way I was, functional. I certainly had no idea it was this bad without that small amount of ibuprofen. My hip is on fire, my opposite knee hurts, my shoulder and arm ache and every once in a while I cry out in pain from a twinge in right hand.

I'm off to s2s now. The bedroom is tidied and my clothes for the day laid out. The hot water is still taking minutes to come, but it will come if I let the tub tap run long enough (it doesn't have a flow limiter on it so moves more water than the sink or showerhead.) Hopefully, the hot water will loosen me up and make me feel better.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:25 am

Dear Kathryn
Blessed: About shopping: there are 30 rolls of toilet paper waiting to be returned to Costco in my car. We bought them and then when I went to put them away, the next day, I discovered I already had more than enough (i.e. 6 months worth!)
oh my gosh... this made me smile!

I am sorry you got such a rough and sore night! It's hard to sleep when your body is hurting! Hope you are pain free during your day and night!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:26 am

Poof***

singing let it go, let it go (at the top of my lungs)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:33 am

What a busy morning already! I also can use an anti-procrastination day...I've had a package for UPS and shred in the car since Friday, I need to get a load to the Goodwill, my list could go on indefinitely....

I've been up since 7:15 and have been the store, walked dog and put together a little tray of fruit for the neighborhood lady get together - we have an elderly lady moving out. Her dh has been in a nursing home or assisted living for several years and she's moving to that community. Dfriend M is hosting and has a bad back also, I am going a little early to help with set up.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:35 am

(((Harriet and Family))) Thinking of you all during this busy and stressful day.

Return to “Post When You Can”