anti-procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: anti-procrastination Wednesday

Postby CathyS » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:21 pm

I have a major TA DA on the anti-procrastination challenge... more in J&C.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi, AustinGranny. I have too many procrastination days.

2nd procrastination thing taken care of. Company had some jazzy music going on their hold menu (which I was on several times) and I was dancing around the kitchen with my phone. That chore all taken care of, thank goodness. I'm saving about $75 a month from now on. Turned our phone line from a business line and business internet to personal service. I actually have more things I can do with the phone now. The Do Not Call register will now work for us and I have a way to actually block those awful phone numbers that call call call with nobody on the line (70% of them are Goo gle and 30% are people wanting to give us loans). I just might get over my hatred of phone rings!

:lol: This has been a good day, despite its rocky start. :D

Dee, I'm awfully glad you are doing so good with the exercise.

LadyM, no, there's never too many picnics, especially with family. So nice they are all remembering you. Hmmm, the w w thing: I'll bet hardly anybody binges on veggies and fruit, that's why they are free. Carbs is what causes the problem, that and sugar. Makes sense to me.

I might sit in front of the TV for a bit.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:41 pm

I have been doing toth and both 2 min. Work on the table and dining room. Plus a tiny bit in the kitchen. It is helping yea! Session one two h three are completed now. It is drizzling outside and sort of a glum day here a bit harder to get in gear.

Put my slippers back on midmorning after getting the mail.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:06 pm

quick hi... hi!

Took d dogs to vet. i had been worried that the younger dog's growth on her leg was cancer - Nope - so happy (I did get an X-ray for front legs and back hips and legs - she does have arthritis. They gave me pain meds which will need once in a while plus I have to get her water therapy (the vet about 1/2 hour away as a treadmill in a water pool that dogs walk on for therapy). This dog used it before when her tendon snapped.

dd younger bought a new camera yesterday (I put it on my card) and today she paid me back.. it hurts her to spend money
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Norma

Postby Norma » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:09 pm

Well, "procrastination" is my middle name. So, when I woke up this morning I decided today was the day I needed to take care of some things that I have been procrastinating on! WoW! I hadn't even looked at the forum yet. :lol: It was a surprise when I did.

First off I gathered all the boxes I've been saving for the recycle tomorrow and broke them down. I dislike this job and try to ignore it until I can't anymore. Done! I have had my AZ recipe book laying on the dining room table for 4 or 5 days now and that is my goal for today - get it organized and into the plastic organizer sheets and into the book. Not done yet, but will be.

Saturday night Rosie and Sweetie came over and we had a really nice long visit. We are hoping for a night out at one of our favorite restaurants soon. (Hope, hope it is this coming Saturday nights.) :) With Rosie teaching every day now for 9 long weeks I hope she saves us a night once in awhile.

Have a wonderful rest of the week. I read the forum everyday. It is nice to keep up with all of you. :D
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:54 pm

My mending is done. That's a major anti-procrastination. The skirt has been in the mending pile since last November. The socks and tights almost as long and I've been an undershirt short for a long time!

All that is done and put away. Woot!

Walked over to the store and picked up crackers for lunch. Just before we headed off, dh heard from W that the other group who are co-sponsoring with us had lost the apartment they had rented (which means they hadn't actually rented it.) On our way to the store we stopped in at the office and there's a bachelor in our building we can have November 15. It is $30 more than the one bedroom the other group had rented and 60 square feet smaller but is on the transitway (bus lines to everywhere) and includes electricity. Both are important. I've sent the information to the other group, we'll see if they give me permission to go ahead.

What will likely end up happening is someone will rent the apartment in their own name with the W & R as occupants. Then the church will have to pay the rent directly until W can afford it on his own.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Another AP (anti-procrastination) done. Just put my feet out the door and walked the long way around the big pond. I'm ready to sit for a while now. Made a grocery list for things I need to make steak soup and saw one in Woman's W orld for minestrone. Thought I'd make that next week. Have burger thawing to make chili for supper. Need to get it going shortly.

We're going to DS-A's so dh can winterize their motorhome. Almost always he ends up doing theirs when it's windy, cold and snowy or at the very least -rainy. It's beautiful out today. Had to take my sweat jacket off part way around today. Got just too warm.

Off to get the chili started.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Did my meditation out on the balcony. It is a lovely day so I enjoyed the sun on my back. Then I cleaned up the tomato plants. The rest of the plants are still going strong so I rearranged them more into the sun and stacked my empty planters. I need to return the tomato cages to dd as well.

Not sure what I'll do next. I should be looking at my planner for ideas.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:30 pm

Well, this is just sad. The xBFF just sent out two party invitations, one for Christmas, which she has been doing for years. The other for Halloween. I have been doing Halloween for our group of friends since 1988. It is the weekend after mine, but of course, mine will fail in the comparison. She already does: Christmas, Easter, and birthdays for herself, her daughter, her boyfriend, another mutual friend, and the mutual friend's son. Why does she have to take over my one and only party of the year? I know I don't "own" Halloween, but seriously? When I moved my parties to the weekend before the weekend before Halloween, it was in case my daughter had activities, not to allow her to take over. It would be nice if no one showed up, but they will. I can't really skip, because DD15 will want to go, and the x and I usually swap her off at these parties. I have not replied yet. I wish I had another party to go to. My party will probably die in a few years thanks to her. At least I got the invitations out first, but she won't make that mistake next year.

She used to be a nice person. That was before she decided that the x and the other woman were her BFFs. She knows everything they did, but her reply was always, "They've never done anything to me." I guess Jeffery Dahmer and the Unabomber are welcome in her house, they haven't harmed her either. I may not be welcome, because I hate chickens that attack me. Funny thing is, whenever she tires of a boyfriend, we are all expected to drop him. I did drop the one who was evil (to her, not me), but refuse to drop people she just doesn't like anymore. She doesn't like my friend N, because when they first met, N was "such a downer". This was three months after she was widowed, during her first December alone in 14 years. During our marriage, the x didn't really like my xBFF. Maybe he does now, because she is the only one left of our mutual friends who socializes voluntarily with them. The others do talk to them at xBFF's parties, but don't seek them out otherwise.

Why is my life such a soap opera? I am working on creating new friend groups from church, work, and the animal org. DD15 has invited some people from her school. I hope they come. The problem with my work friends is that Home City and Work City are an hour apart.

ETA: Just had to decline an invitation to a happy hour Friday. Big bummer. I have to pick up DD and can't be in two places at once. I need to make a list of friends and a schedule to call and/or meet with them. I've got to get away from the circle around xBFF. I wish Mom didn't invite her for Mardi Gras. Things are also complicated by the fact that traveling companion friend is xBFF's daughter's honorary grandmother. I guess I can put xBFF in the same category as the x and the other woman - someone I no longer like or respect, but am forced to be polite due to circumstances. Do I want to go to the Christmas party or can I scrounge some other commitment? Can I pretend to have another party during her Halloween? Or SOME other commitment? I have good friends who do go to the xBFF's parties, because she expands her circle to encompass anyone she meets through me and anyone else. This used to be a good thing.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:54 pm

Some one discarded singage from a bike race masonite like thin shelving two 4' x 4' pieces and another piece just under the size of the washer twins 3' x 5' , I took off the stakes cleaned it up. The three pieces it has been in the weather abondoned half of them Summer, I was thinking of bigger signs to paint on them possibly, for now one bigger longer piece is on the feed sack aprons to help flatten those out. Could work for doors for the under counter area.

Got a rock sealed had been putting that off. Saved art out of a book I was going to disguard. Tossed some trash.

I have a load in the washer dryed done.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”