anti-procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: anti-procrastination Wednesday

Postby CathyS » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:47 pm

Elizabeth can you reply that you will be there, and then just not go. If she asks why you didn't show, tell her you had "really bad diarrhea!" People usually don't want any further information after you say that. By the way, the black cat is gorgeous!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Yes, Elizabeth, I agree wholeheartedly with Cathy! I would use any and every opportunity (and make up excuses if I had to) to avoid this Xbff. Emphasis on X. This woman is sooo inconsiderate of your feelings re: the x & his new wife, along with the issue with her chickens. If animals that attack you and people who betray you are that important to her, you do NOT need her in your life. I would try to be polite if I met her on the street, or if she called me on the phone (but I'd let it go to voice mail and only return the call if she specifically said, "Call me back!") I would avoid her at all costs. You just have to get this drama queen out of your life. If she questions your absence in any situation, just say, "Well, I've just been so busy..."
There. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but I'm just calling it like I see it.
;) Bless her heart. Maybe that will restore y'all's faith in my normal Southern belle-type kindness.

ANTI-PROCRASTINATION!
Y'all were a big help to me today!
FINALLY got back on track w/bathrooms -- s/s, cleaned dh's shower...
Dusted (slightly) in baby room.
Had dgd from 1:00 till after church tonight, dgs from 3:00 till after church.

Tomorrow is D-Day for dh... heart cath at 5:30 a.m. He still says if they can't go through his arm, he isn't going to have it. * sigh * Please pray.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Lucylee, good luck tomorrow.

Elizabeth, I totally agree with Lucylee. If there are people you only see at xbf's that you still want to be friends with, you need to find a way to be with them or stay in touch at other places and times and ditch that xbf who does not have your back or your feelings in mind. I would wonder what her real agenda is, especially with this new party. Almost like she wants to see you suffer. I want better for you.

Thought this afternoon would be a little break, but didn't turn out that way. Spent the rest of the day in the office with DH drawing plans, emailing, etc. etc. We got a huge part of a project done, which usually takes us a few days.

We are still working on the car. Transmission is still leaking where it attaches to the radiator part. Did some more tweaking. Tired of this.

Have a nice night's sleep everybody.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:21 pm

I tossed more stuff yea!
Dishes have been rinsed and loaded in the dishwasher pm routine nearly done now yippee.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Checking in toward the end of a moderately productive day.

* Did a little work in the kitchen. I'd have liked to do more, but life interfered.

* Texted with DSis to confirm plans for Saturday after I get off work.

* Wore my new black & gray leopard print top all day to test the fit. Body, sleeves, and hem length all seem fine. The asymetrical collar needs tweaking but I have an adjustment in mind to try after I launder it. (Side note: I don't remember wearing an animal print before because they're usually shades of brown which don't look good on me. This black & gray medium-size all-over print pattern is flattering on me.

* Errands in 3 different towns, all successful.

** Post office, gift card, and fancy coffee purchases here in TinyTown.

** Bank deposit for sewing group in a different town.

** In the 3rd town, FOUND and purchased a 2018-2019 planner calendar the right size for my purse and an acceptable price.
** FOUND and purchased 4 adorable fabrics for charity sewing projects to raise money for an animal shelter.
** FOUND the groceries I need to make a dish for DSis's pot luck supper on Saturday.

It was a beautiful autumn day to be driving around in the sunshine. Finding everything on my shopping lists has restored my faith in the local stores. Maybe I won't have to do all of my Christmas shopping online after all.

* Tried 2 new recipes for supper that turned out well.

* Sewing webinar this evening was not for a project I'll ever make -- a rain cape for a small dog :? -- but it was more entertaining than anything on the tv listings.

* Finished reading a library book that is due back tomorrow.

I want to copy some recipes out of a library cookbook yet tonight so I can return it tomorrow, too.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:30 pm

Nancy ~ WTG tossing more stuff. A lucky find on those masonite signs. You are so creative with re-using found objects.

Return to “Post When You Can”