anti-procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: anti-procrastination Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:24 am

d twins good morning!!! Happy anti-procrastination day to you!
how nice of you to give that fruit platter to her - I will say a prayer for her that she enjoys where she will live and for her dh!
you already had a busy busy morning - good for you!

-s2s done
-emptied dw
-card file pulled
-meds done

dd younger is coming with old dogs to vet bc I can't lift them any more - one is about 100 lbs. - the other I can do (I need to get steps for my car for the dogs

2:00 dd dr. appointment
yesterday she had her neurologist appointment - I love this man.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:33 am

AP Day focus dining room table needs attn.
Someone has feed sack bags in tne kitchen her :roll: . I am going to put one in each room for de-cluttering focus when I do that room again, and one in eash of the rigs. I was wishing I had other kinds of fed bags one gal in knitting group is going to give me het dog food ones. :mrgreen: Got hair color yesterday had been putting that off.

Breakfast is over.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:51 am

DGD6 now arrives at 5:00am 5 days a week. She typically goes home around 6 pm. That means my morning schedule is shuffled around a bit. The timeslot shuffle gives DS9 and I a slot to go bike riding in the morning before homeschool starts. I don't know how long we can ride bikes in the morning. Our hands got cold this morning, but maybe we can learn to dress properly for the ride and continue during the colder weather.

Homeschool day #74 is well underway. I was surprised when I noticed that we have almost hit the 1/2 way mark in the main Math curriculum. WOW! There are 119 lessons (plus test and bonus worksheets). Today DS9 did lesson #59 and quiz #8 in that curriculum. I have plenty of other Math lessons on hand to fill in the rest of the homeschool days after he finishes this curriculum so I'm not worried about running out of things for him to do. :)

Thinking of ((((Harriet & family)))) today.

Wednesday deep cleaning areas are -
Front Porch
Living Rm
Kitchen
Fun Rm
These are kept company ready 99% of the time so it is relatively easy as long as I do it! The kitchen is always in a flux because we eat 3 meals a day here most of the time. Rarely perfect but not where I would be embarrassed for company to come.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:11 am

Absolutely, dHarriet, you and your entire family will go with me in thought as I do my running around. Hoping the day goes smoothly for all of you. Blessings!

Came across an anti-procrastination item I'd evidently copied off eons ago:
"I received an email from a professional procrastinator who has discovered a great procrastination inhibiter. She was able to act on several tasks she'd put off, by seeing the benefit of doing them now. If you recognize a bonus in not procrastinating you'll be happier about doing the task. Here is the challenge. Complete three procrastinated items today. If you complete more than three give yourself a reward for each one. Who can do the most?"
So appropriate for today.

Off I go to the dr. BBL
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:13 am

Yes, also thinking of DHarriet and family today.

2nd day in a row that I've been awakened with problems to deal with, stressful situations. Today I stayed in bed a while before I got up, just dreading the day ahead. This is not a good way to start.

Frantic phone calls and frantic computer chores with a very slow computer because of a mistake a town made yesterday. We were trying to head off a guy coming to jobsite we didn't order this, the big-wig from yesterday did. He told me in a huff yesterday that he checks his phone every hour. Well a lot can happen in an hour, like a reinspect fee because someone came who wasn't supposed to.

Ya hoo has changed their program again, I couldn't even get into my e mail for quite a few tries. The old way of accessing my mail no longer works and I had to jump 2 ahead to get it to work. It took me over an hour to look at and delete and print some out and I only had maybe 25 emails there. See, this is the way DH deals with important stuff that comes to his email, he just forwards it all to me, he never handles any of this.

Course, he would probably mess it up if he tried to......

I have 2 procrastination items to look at today. I will begin with 1 and see how far I get.

First I must get dressed, I have not had time for that.

LadyM, I wonder what WW's reason for changing their system again is? Maybe people have to join up again to get new program, or buy new materials? Too many people out there with the old plans I guess. They had an old plan a long while ago that caused a bunch of weight loss the first couple weeks, but it was all water weight. They have since changed that. They have printed cookbooks in bookstores and one of their plans is right in the front.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:28 am

Good morning! Could I EVER use an anti-procrastination day! I did get my WTF chore done last night - I have a pet sitter for Christmas. I had to find something in my files, so I 27 fling-filed. With that info, I was able to update resident cat's microchip info. I did not do B&B, but did make sure the car payment was properly subtracted (it was). DD15 had homework, so that was the evening's activity. She knows my pay cycle and was hoping to go out, but I explained my fiasco, and she understood. I don't think there was time to go out anyway.

I should have cleared the secondary kitchen table and inventoried party supplies, but didn't. I made a list of food and drink items to buy and got the turkey cooked.

Tonight's plan: buy cat food, grocery store, inventory for party, party cleanup.

Thank you, TwinsMom for your contribution to Briggs! The reason there were not many contributions is that I posted here about 5 minutes after the page was put up. Next week's electronic newsletter and Saturday's adoption clinic are when the publicity will start. Some people who are allergic to most cats don't have problems with Siamese or Burmese. If you know someone with one of these see if DH can be around them. I hate for you to be catless!

Harriet: Stratton does not appear in PWYC as much as Briggs, because he is an ordinary (though sweet and lovable) cat with no medical needs and does not produce any extra chores or stress. He can be seen here: http://www.nmaf.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=19125. He was Briggs' traveling companion and they act like brothers. He is about 2 years older, so he probably took in Briggs as a kitten. Both were early neutered as part of a trap-neuter-release program. As fellow colony cats, they may be related somehow. On looking at his writeup, I think I will update it. He has become a real lap cat.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:46 am

Wow wow wow. 1 procrastination chore done. Amazed one thing went so smoothly. Out of all the websites and things I have tried to use, this one is the only one I've found to be really user friendly. It's the way everything should be. I haven't been in this site for a year or more and it hasn't changed one bit, no added junk, no ads coming up slowing everything down, just amazing. I'm pleased!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 pm

I wonder what WW's reason for changing their system again is? Maybe people have to join up again to get new program, or buy new materials?

They say it is being tweaked to follow healthier eating. The last change reduced the amount of sugar that can be included and still stay within points. The last change also made most vegetables and fruits to be "free" which resulted in encouraging eating more of them.
There should not be any cost to receive/use the new program for existing members. The WW app will be updated to reflect the changes. I've been told the WW leaders are already using the new system so they can become familiar with it before teaching it to the members.

I downloaded a different app to use with WW system (Itrackbites). Why can't I just keep doing what is working for me? Why do I always want to change things? The different app makes it seem new even though it is doing exactly the same system as WW app. I was attracted to the different app because it does have option to do all the old WW systems plus calories like MFP app. AND it has place to mark the # of each food group eaten like vegetables/fruit/dairy etc. I think that tracking food groups was started in the very beginning of WW but went away in the last change.

Math and English are finished. Working on Reading lessons now.

DH was fixing DS9 bike tire and it blew. OOPS! It sounded LOUD when the tire blew. No one was hurt but the tire is a loss.

This occurred in the last couple of hours. I am 99% sure no one knew about the others.
DH asked what I wanted to do for my birthday (Saturday). I said I wanted to go a hike & picnic.
DD text asking if I wanted to go on a hike and picnic on Sunday to celebrate my birthday. She will provide all food. I eagerly agreed to it.
DGS21 text asking if I wanted to go on a picnic on Friday with him. Of course, I want to!
hum.......Can a person have too many picnics and hikes in their life? Just asking for a friend......
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Everything went great at Dr's. Except my blood pressure was 152/80 when nurse took it. Dr. took it later & it was down to 132/70. At cardiologist it was 108/68 & it's normally 102-118/64-74. Dr. went with those numbers. She too was very pleased with my numbers. I complained about my weight stagnating. Both she & cardiologist agree that I'm doing everything right & the weight will follow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:03 pm

I have actually declared this a procrastination day ... putting off everything to tomorrow that can be. That's the mood I'm in. I'll just trade it for my scheduled Slovenly Saturday. LOL

Return to “Post When You Can”