Try again Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Try again Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:09 pm

OK, I'm ready for the meeting which starts in 20 minutes. At least the apartment is ready. I will madly go over emails and add to my agenda for the meeting now. Perhaps I should have done that first.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Elizabeth, I love the idea of inviting the dogs, too. My dMuffin loves to visit dfriend M's R uby!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Anti-procrastination report:
-dropped off return at UPS store
-dropped off shred at UPS store
-groceries (didn't do yesterday)
-washed car
-DPC for former coworker asking tax advice. Dh has some info for which he needed feedback.
-made some lists for research and follow up
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Thought I had tomorrow well planned out. Oops! Forgot that I have to take our car about 25-30 miles away to have it detailed. Our dneighbor from here called and said they'd like to go earlier so it precludes the shopping trip I planned for after rehab. Just looked at my list to figure out if I really need to go tomorrow. Guess I'll make it Sunday after I get my car back.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Thanks for thinking of me yesterday. I spent the evening and this morning either recuperating or trying not to think about it. As a lot of people were whispering yesterday that they would be, I am so glad when it is over. I don't have my children here to comfort them today so I hope the things I tried to tell them yesterday were enough.

Hi Norma thanks for telling about time with Ramblin'. Nice you two can see each other.

Wise thoughts here for Elizabeth. Thank you Elizabeth for the link.

Glad for Mr. DeeClutter and lucylee's dh.

Thanks for every post, because they either uplift or let me say BTDT and feel I'm not alone!

I did make a 6-item card for today and accomplished it.
- Car said "low tire pressure" on the long travel yesterday - it's been to shop and cleared
- Prescription picked up from pharmacy 2
- Did our household banking.
- Prescription called in to pharmacy 1
- Extra laundry load through to folded
- One more step toward finishing report

While on errands picked up groceries, too.
At home made out church deposit.
Fielded call about church - did the best I could.

Still to do - last step in report (longest)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:47 pm

Meeting went well. Was over in just over the 60 minutes I promised them. A lot of work got done, three events planned and another 3 approved to be arranged.

Dinner was ready 40 minutes after the last person left.

Now I need to write up the minutes. I don't want to.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Didn't do the minutes. I did get the kitchen all cleaned up and then went for a 4200 step walk with dh. That brings me up to just 7K steps for the day but it is better than not going for the walk.

I will take an ibuprofen again tonight. I did so last night after an hour in bed without falling asleep. I woke up in far less discomfort and stiffness as well. Quite the difference so I'll take another one tonight.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Dh and I came home and crashed! We both slept about 3 hrs. Then I ate some left over pizza for supper and he said he just wanted dessert. (We had a big lunch at Cracker Barrel after he was dismissed.)

We went to Walmart and got dessert and cake and ice cream for ds's birthday tomorrow.

Back and forth with ds and ddil on phone.
Dgd had been fussy & running fever again, but it's normal now. The concerning thing is, her right knee is swollen about twice the size of her left, and she is limping a little. They keep texting me & debating ER tonight or pediatrician tomorrow...?
I think I would go on to the ER, but I think they have decided to wait.
They can't find any evidence of a spider bite or anything, and dgd isn't acting sick at her stomach or anything like that.
Hmmmm...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”