Try again Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Try again Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:18 am

Anti-procrastination day was a dud for me yesterday, I just petered out, but I'm going to go again today.

What can you pull off the back burner to Try Again today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Try again Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:28 am

I ate too much a dfriend M's little get together for the neighbor moving away. So I took a nap - I had slept poorly overnight and slept well about a hour. But I woke up feeling ehhhh and never got going. I kind of had a crampy tummy (probably the sugar/muffin I ate?) and then M texted that she thought she might have food poisoning so I got that into my head. I even skipped tai chi and laid on the couch. M was running a slight fever so she probably was sick, me, maybe not?

On the plus side, I did a nice spell of writing and once i finish citations, will email to a small co genealogy society that might need articles.

Today I have a massage in an hour (eeeek!) and dcleaning lady is coming this afternoon instead of tomorrow. I need jump in the shower too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 am

Woke up early up at 4:45 today. I am in a great mood woke up thinking of crafts to buy, and accents to paint on rocks animals are fed. H is heading to work. I am waiting on paint to dry before sealing rocks. I painted pilgram hats on these. Kit. Counter spiff happened I am in a great mood was singing and cleaning counters! . Today's hack cherry tomatos come in a round thing I put yarn in for a yarn bowl way cheaper than the $45 ones I have seen weighs less also.

Going go try to declutter one thing from each room today.
Journaling x.
Boju entry done.
Bed is spiffed.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:18 am

Hi!

Silly me, I tried to defend someone I didn't even know on FB last night and therefore I went to bed a lot later than usual. I had a horrid night's sleep and woke up just before 9. Garbage truck almost always comes at 9 or a few minutes afterward. Got the garbage out. Recycling still isn't out.

Supper tonight will be soup and grilled cheese at dh's request.

We discussed Christmas yesterday. Dh wants 1 and only 1 book. A Gift certificate for a shave and a haircut. A stocking. That's it.

Dh also made a comment about the piles of clothes over the back of 2 chairs in the kitchen. I jokingly referred to them as my chairdrobe. I need to put those clothes away today.

I am still waiting for the return phone call regarding that appointment I called for yesterday. I am getting anxious about the fact that they haven't called me back yet.

Cat is sleeping on the couch in the living room on the blanket, so that can't get folded and put away. I will be turning on the stereo at some point, so hopefully that will get her to move.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:19 am

I was out of the house most of the day yesterday (I came home late and took a well needed nap) - boy I would love a try again thursday! Thank you d twins.

hi d twins and d nancy and d cathy

so sorry you had such a rough night sleep d cathy!

I don't want to disappoint my d mom (I didn't see her yesterday - she did bring dinner over which was so sweet) but I need to work at home.
we have an attorney appointment at 9:30 am but I am hoping to work at home today.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:41 am

Yikes! Some things can just happen or get done so quickly.

Dh came home for a minute to pick up the trailer from work that they park here sometimes. When he came in the house, the cat got up to say hi. So, the blanket got folded and put in the corner of the couch/sofa/chesterfield. When he left, I took out the recycling. The garbage truck was just picking up my bag of garbage as I was walking down the driveway. When I came in I went and made the bed right away. I have much more accomplished today than I did all day yesterday.

When I said to dh last night that I hadn't made the bed, he said he didn't make his bed for years and not to ever worry about it.

Hot tea has been made and I am waiting for it to cool down just a bit.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:03 am

look at you d cathy!!! well done!

heading out now
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:09 am

Just realized I hadn't posted yet. Had a disjointed night of sleep. Dh scared the bejeepers out of me around 11 or so. I had been in the recliner and had gone to the bathroom. As I came out & closed the door so I could go back to the bedroom, there was a form in front of me in the bedroom doorway. Startled me so bad I almost collapsed. :roll: Dh was there just patiently waiting for me to come out. He had awoken because of bad leg (upper thighs) cramps. This was the second night in a row and he normally doesn't have any. We're watching it because of the new med he's on. I really think the Dr. changing his med a week ago Monday, has really messed with his whole system.

I got busy balancing our check book. Haven't done it since June and there were several things I hadn't put in there. Think it's all up-to-date now. I never let it get to this stage. :roll: That was my anti-procrastination step for today. Have a few other projects I have listed to complete before day's end. (Thanks to LadyM for that little insight). I'm leaving shortly to go to W mart, visit my old friend and go for a haircut. So....I'm off!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:00 am

From last night:

lucylee wrote:Yes, Elizabeth, I agree wholeheartedly with Cathy! I would use any and every opportunity (and make up excuses if I had to) to avoid this Xbff. Emphasis on X. This woman is sooo inconsiderate of your feelings re: the x & his new wife, along with the issue with her chickens. If animals that attack you and people who betray you are that important to her, you do NOT need her in your life. I would try to be polite if I met her on the street, or if she called me on the phone (but I'd let it go to voice mail and only return the call if she specifically said, "Call me back!") I would avoid her at all costs. You just have to get this drama queen out of your life. If she questions your absence in any situation, just say, "Well, I've just been so busy..."
There. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but I'm just calling it like I see it.
;) Bless her heart. Maybe that will restore y'all's faith in my normal Southern belle-type kindness.

LOL, Lucylee, I do declare you've been associating with me for far too long! I could have written every word of that!

I'm up and at it.

It is 10:50 and the day is well underway. My normal morning tidying routines are done, a load of laundry is done and hung up to dry, the bathrooms are cleaned, I'm s2s (slippers but my socks and shoes are laid out.)

I've written dd and will do some refugee emails next. I heard back from the person who is in charge of apartments and W & R are looking for a one bedroom with balcony. Well out of their price range in my building. In the meantime, tomorrow night I have a planning meeting with regards to the gathering and moving in of furniture. We may as well cancel since we don't know any more now than we did in the last month as far as knowing what and how much to gather. At this point, it depends solely on the size of unit that is rented and we won't know that for ages. If they were going to be in the bachelor apartment then I was going to put out a call for a futon but if it is a one bedroom, then we need a bed with storage underneath. Sigh...

In the meantime, my windows have mostly been recaulked (on left to go) and so I should be booking the plaster repairs but that can't be done while loveseat and table are here since all furniture will be needed to be moved away from the windows and I have no place to put the loveseat. If I have to wait until December 1, the work won't be done until close to Christmas and so I would be unable to decorate for Christmas until it is done. Given that we leave on Jan 1 at 5 in the morning, I'd be tempted to not decorate at all rather than go to the trouble for only a few days.

I'm going to go over my planner next to see what I should be focusing on. I have a meeting this afternoon at 4:30, so that means tidying.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:19 am

I feel like Kathryn now. Trying to zero in on a hotel for the first night when we leave here. Almost all the motels have gone to the "non-refundable" rates for lower prices. Guess I have to start with finding out from dh just how far he wants to go that first day. I'm always afraid of going the non-refundable route.

Just getting my lunch ready and then I'm heading out for my errands for the day. BBL
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”