Try again Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Try again Thursday

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:36 am

Back from a couple of rounds in the basement, I have one load of laundry going. Worked on under counter storage in sewing zone for one round and holiday totes the other round. When I hung up the jean shirt I found one or of nice black pants that no longer fit the went out in the bags with I'm decluttering.

Put on open toed shoes helped some.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:50 am

Dee: I never book the non-refundable rates unless I know for sure I'll be there (i.e. the day before and weather is not likely to be an issue.) I find the AAA rates are usually fairly close so book those. They often have the best cancellation policies too (and include parking sometimes when it is not included in the regular rates.)

I should be book train and hotel for dh. It was to be for me too but then I ended up with a doctor's appointment on the second day so am not joining dh. Then there's the small matter of booking our January hotels. Only the first is booked.

Norma

Postby Norma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:00 pm

ELIZABETH You seem like a really nice caring person - and I am sure you are. :) I have to agree with LucyLee and Kathryn regarding your xbff. It is obvious you are not her bff. You don't need this person in your life anymore. She is just someone who has hurt you and continues to do so. You belong to a great organization with people who think like you and also nice church people. Work on making some new forever friends who will care about you! I know you can do it. And, don't forget your friends here on this fabulous forum. Everyone cares that you have been hurt deeply. Care for yourself and your ddaughter. You two are special people.
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:07 pm

howdy howdy

dh and I finished with the Attorney - we now have a new will. - thank Goodness. al)

hi d dee - praying you sweet dh's meds regulate themselves - hope he feels better soon. I also hope you have a great sleep tonight - with no frights ;) .
good for you on balancing your check book.

hi d kathryn!

hi d nancy!

hi d Norma I agree - d elizabeth is a kind caring person.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Today I have had to redo 2 of the things I've done in the last couple days. They took longer than the first time I did them and I had many questions.

I could just feel my stress level rising.

But the house is quiet now and DH is off to his job and that is good.

I spent some time with my journal but I'm not sure that helped or just brought all the things forefront in my mind. :roll: Isn't writing in a journal supposed to help?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:55 pm

it must be bothering you.. i hope your anxiety goes away!!! d harmony may the rest of your day quiet your mind and your spirit.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:05 pm

Good morning! I am feeling much better today than I was after receiving xBFF's "charming invitation". I talked to my mom last night for more than an hour. Her suggestion was to go to the party and hold my head high, because I have done nothing wrong. Other people have something to be ashamed of, but I do not. However, CathyS's "sudden illness" had already occurred to me. Migraines happen, no one would be shocked if I got one.

For amping up my social life, I have volunteered to have the animal org Christmas party at my house. I have real friends there, including two that helped me clean my house before the Halloween party. Having a second party will also keep me maintaining things, win-win. I have not replied to either of xBFF's invitations. Maybe I SHOULD have the animal org party on the same day as xBFF's. "Sorry can't make it, having a party without you!" Ok, I would say it more nicely.

I just left mid-post and came back. What did I do in the meantime? Sent an email about the animal org party saying 12/16 is ok after all. A quote form the email "I feel obligated to attend the other party, but don't really want to. This will give me an excuse." I am glad xBFF is coming to my party, because I have a message for her daughter from my mom. Daughter will be attending college next year, and if she would like to be in a sorority, mom wants to recommend her.

I didn't get much done last night due to the call to my mom. I cleaned up after a sick cat again <sigh>, got meds into and onto two other cats <more sigh>, and got extra food into the scrawny one, who looks like she is in pain. I foresee another vet trip for her. I remembered my very full trash can and put it out. Got party groceries and prescription cat food, and started the inventory. There are a few things left to buy. I had a glass of wine, because it was old and I needed to see if it was still drinkable. It was and will be served first.

Tonight's WTF = swamp cooler turnover. It's COLD in my house at night. WTF at payroll is change how contract numbers and amounts are handled in the food bank database.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Booked the train and hotel for dh. Ended up confusing dh because I couldn't book it under his loyalty card because the account isn't in his legal name. So I asked him to call and change the name on the account and then to add his account to the booking. In the meantime, just before I had to hit submit, I got a phone call and that required me updating Google calendar before I forgot the message in the call (change of Dr. Appt in February.)

As I'm trying to finish that up, dh is calling out to me from the other room, asking have I made the booking and I say no and he says the phone help person says don't put his legal name on the ticket so I then backup in the browser and change that but that means I have to reenter all payment info all while the phone person is waiting for this to go through. Unnecessary pressure. I'm also uncomfortable ignoring the 2 warnings that say government issue ID name must be on the ticket. The account was set up in 2003 and obviously the rules have changed since then. We'll see if dh has any problems, but I wash my hands of this, I just did what he told me to do.

I've also activated our credit cards although they need to be changed at some point. Soon our credit card from one bank is changing (to become useless to us as we have them for trip insurance but the new version doesn't have insurance) and my bank accounts from another bank are being changed as well and we'll no longer be able to use the bank machines at the grocery store. Sigh.... Too many changes. I had put off activating the credit card (it was good until the end of next month) but haven't decided what to replace it with. So that's something I have to give thought to. I can't put this off too long because we are gone for the month of January (and I'll need credit cards with travel insurance at that point - not sure whether that trip is covered since I bought the tickets with the card while it had insurance.)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:53 pm

Home again finally with some tasks done, at least.After my massage I went by Starbucks for a latte and spent some time on my to-do lists trying to get some things down on paper. Then I dropped off the shred and mailed my package and went to grocery. And I'm finally home again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:45 pm

My plans for changing the handling of contract numbers passed muster and I will be implementing them in test. Part 1 of my financial fiasco is resolved - the mortgage has been paid and on time. Now I just have to wait for the refund check from the credit card and deposit it straight into the proper account.

I've amended my suggestion of having the holiday party for the animal org at my house. Last year, it was almost all cat people, most dog people were conspicuously absent. It is likely that the troublemakers discouraged attendance and certainly never reminded anyone about it. If we invite people AND THEIR PETS, dog people will show up in droves. There aren't too many parties that you can take a non-service dog. In theory, someone could bring a cat, but most cats find parties extremely unpleasant.

Confirmed: Most dog people never heard about last year's party.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”