MANAGING MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: MANAGING MONDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:07 am

I have moved furniture, cleaned, sweep & mopped 3 bedrooms. I'll do the 4th one after I take a break. I had to stop because my foot was so painful that I couldn't put any weight on it. My foot is becoming very demanding. Most of the time I ignore it, but sometimes it insists so I have to stop and put it up. After about 10 minutes then my foot will return to normal and play nice again with no pain.

did your ds have fun yesterday?

I don't think he counts it in the fun category. It definitely was a challenge to him. He told me that he peed his pants about a dozen times while they were there. :shock: The amusement park had characters in Halloween type costumes walking about and would come up behind people and scare them. DS9 didn't enjoy that at all. I think he only rode 2 amusement park rides and both of them scared him so much that he had accidents. DS9 said he rode one ride with DD and told her that he was about to throw up during the ride. She told him to stop being dramatic and that he was saying that just to get attention. That didn't sit well with DS9. The rest of the time DS9 stood and watched them ride the rides. DS9 & DD have to work their relationship out between them and right now it is a bit of a bumpy road.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:24 am

LadyM, I am frowning for ds9, possibly stamping my foot - yes, yes, I'm stamping my foot! :| Eeeewwwwww, I do not like scares, they are for the birds.

All best wishes to blessed and her dmother.

blessed, thanks for the optimistic thought. there are always 2 of us - usually bass and soprano - leading the songs and sometimes 3 if the tenor or alto happen to be at rehearsal. Frankly, if anyone had to be alone, it may be best it was me since I do sing soprano/melody and am slightly more confident with the old, rarely sung melodies than dd19, who shines on newer pieces. I haven't seen other churches with 2 or 3 leading - I do think it's a little unusual, but it is a comfort to each of us since we are not pros. Often the song leaders I have seen will be paid music directors, etc., but that's not in our budget, lol.

The continuing problem with unknown music being thrown at us on the morning we sing it is because our minister finds a piece with words that fit his sermon and already prints the title in bulletin and words on overhead slides before we even get to try it together. So the congregation will be committed to this and we have to help them best we can. His wife came to me yesterday and apologized for that and there's nothing to do but be gracious. She doesn't realize this is the main thing that is driving our bass singer away. It's not because he can't handle hard music, but because he's asked for the surprises to end many times and so feels insulted. Did he stay home because he saw an unknown song was coming again? Hmmm... ...

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:28 am

Thursday morning before we left to go camping, the oral surgeons office called to tell me that my insurance won't pay anything on the implants. They will pay for the tooth extraction. That is big of them! Today I got a letter from the insurance telling me they won't cover it and also a letter from the oral surgeons office saying the same thing. I am planning to just do it with a local and at my consultation they told me I could eat, drink and take my meds before the procedure, but the letter stated that I couldn't do any of these things for at least 6 hours prior. So that leaves me with a DPC. Being a diabetic, I was already nervous about going low before I could eat or drink after the procedure. I need to call my pharmacy and have them request a RX for Glucagon from my dr. The procedure is fast approaching at 9 days away. Also, I found out that what I am paying for only includes the implant, not the crown that will go on it 5 months later, 4 months to heal and 1 month for the crowns to be made. I am just kicking myself that I didn't insist on an implant 2 1/2 years ago, instead of going with a bridge that took 2 teeth to cover one, for a total of 3 that I am now paying out of pocket for. Plus, I should have changed dentists then. Oh well, too late now...........

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:38 am

Good morning everyone! I have a party report. It was a very good party. Friends came from all my current circles and some past ones as well. One of my fellow Social Distortion concert goers pointed out that I had no problem pushing my daughter past a mosh pit to the front row, but could not get across my own living room, into the kitchen, and to the refrigerator! He, his mom, and his girlfriend arrived first, followed later by his wife. I saw no behavior that I would not want DD15 aware of. Was it Kathryn who thought he might be trying to gauge my interest in friends with benefits? The emails about the situation ended after one of mine that contained the phrase "I am out of the dating world altogether. DD doesn't need that kind of chaos." I like him, a lot in fact, but in the same way I like my cousins. (We found out a while back that we are very distantly related. There is a slight physical resemblance and marked overlap in tastes and interests.)

Very interesting and positive interactions with xBFF. Knowing her love for them, I offered her a margarita, to which she replied "I'm only doing wine now. Hard drinks make me argumentative and combative." I usually see her at parties with free-flowing alcohol. The x and the other woman were never mentioned. Religion only came up when she told me about a memorial service for a mutual goddess worshiping friend. I will go, participate in what I can, and respectfully observe anything I can't. I didn't know her religious beliefs and was glad of the heads up. Closer to the event, I will ask her about what will go on and make sure I avoid doing anything stupid. The xBFF's party came about when the party she and her boyfriend were invited to that weekend either fell through or they did not get the expected invitation. Instead of moping, she emailed friends for a costumed potluck. She liked my costume (tacky Hawaiian tourist), but was hoping I would belly dance for her guests, so I am doing that instead. One dance, not a full on show, I'm not a professional, just someone who likes performing. I am going to dance to YYZ by Rush.

Speaking of dancing, I had several people ask when the next performance is (Nov 18). So I'd better make sure I have it nailed. One who wants to see the show is a coworker's wife. I'm not sure the coworker is entirely comfortable with the idea though.

A funny connection: the fiance of one of my church friends works at an animal shelter and is known to some of the animal org people.

I never did find spray on sunburn, but very thin applications of devil makeup work well. I will post later about today's plans. I am out of room and out of time.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:42 am

There's also another issue in the neighborhood - the gal across from us was bitten by a dog belonging to a neighbor on the hill. This dog has a reputation for being unpredictable and the dog was leashed, and came from the sidewalk into the road to bite the hand of the runner and leave puncture wounds. The bitten gal had also commented about the parking, then deleted it. So yes, there's been an undercurrent of gossip about the dog bite and both parties "lawyering up." I need to let it go.

I still haven't s2s, but I am going to do 30 min work and 30 min genealogy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:47 am

Lilac, none of dh's implants were covered either. Just the extraction (and only about 60% of that.)

Our supplemental health insurance comes due in a few days, That's a $6K and I have to wonder why we bother having it. We get about $300 a year back on dental and about $200 on prescriptions. Any time it is something out of the ordinary (i.e. implants, physio) we get nothing. And there are limits on how much meds so the really expensive cancer meds won't be fully covered should we ever have cancer. So all that is left is semi-private hospital coverage except very few of the hospital rooms are wards now, so even that isn't a big deal.

I'm up but not really moving all that well. I have a killer headache and it is making me nauseous. I'm dressed and have eaten and got the potluck contribution prepped for dinner tonight. But the bed is unmade and I haven't done much else. I'm also running a low fever so I'm not sure what's up with me. Is the headache triggering nausea and fever or is the nausea due to something that is triggering the fever and headache.

The ibuprofen I took doesn't seem to be kicking in, the ice pack on my neck is doing more for me (time to change it for another one.)

It is almost lunch time so I'll have a serving of the hamburg chowder to see if I should take it to the dinner tonight. It is mainly rice so that should be ok for my tummy.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:51 am

Hi!

Other than laundry, I haven't done anything for most of the weekend.

I had "that" appointment this morning. I don't know if it made me feel much better. Hmmm...

Tonight we are having a pork shoulder roast that dh cut into pieces last night. We have it marinating in the fridge. I will be serving baked potatoes with it and maybe a veg. of some sort.

As dh pointed out to me in the nicest possible way yesterday, we don't have any brown beans. He wanted wieners and beans last night and there were no beans, so he had a can of pea soup.

I straightened the blanket in the living room this morning, but the bed hasn't been made yet as I fully expected to be coming home and spending the day in bed sobbing. Only a few tears.

Lilac that is my all time favourite Rush "song".

LadyM I was wondering how your DS was. Grrr... to your DD for saying that to him.

It's overcast with a slight wind and warm, but not too warm, but not cold either. Maybe I will go back to bed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:59 am

Elizabeth, I was so happy to hear that it was a good party. Are you going to xBFF's party?

I just dug out my insurance plan and it states that they will only pay for dental implants if a 3 tooth bridge can not be made usable and is over 5 years old. It only will pay 50% if it is allowable. So I just need to face the fact that we are paying 100%. Thankfully I put $500 a month into a medical fund and use it to pay co-pays, deductibles and other out of pocket costs. Until recently, I didn't even use it to pay for monthly RXs. It has grown to a healthy balance and I decided to start taking our RXs out of it too. So I have the money required for this and am grateful that I do. My dm suggested that I just get dentures and be done with it. She has had dentures since she was 21 and thinks they are wonderful. I know that dentures would be covered but I just don't want to do that unless I have no other choice.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Good Monday morning/afternoon, I'm 'managing Monday' very slowly but my morning routines are done. And I made a DPC.

Need to take out the trash and do some kind of exercise. And make a mini grocery list for this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Have to go sometime because the pharmacy has 2 meds ready for me to pick up but I'm not desperately short on food yet. The shorter days are beginning to annoy me so I've started back on B-complex supplement which usually handles the 'winter blues.' Seems silly to talk about 'winter' this far south in Texas but I really don't like any temp below 50°. I swear I have 'bear' in my genes because all I really want to do in 'winter' is hibernate.

A DF is moving and brought me a bag of books (like I need more books in this house); some are history and some political. Plenty to occupy me while I hibernate. And we have an election on amendments to the Texas constitution coming up so I need to go study the websites I've bookmarked so I can cast an intelligent vote.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:54 pm

In answer to lilac's question, yes, I am going to xBFF's party. The party (at least for now) is not one intended to upstage and take over mine as I had initially thought. At my party, I did not have to endure demands that I include the x and the other woman in my social life. xBFF did not try to start any religious arguments and did not demand that I begin dating. Maybe she is right about hard liquor not being a good idea for her. Current plan is wait and observe and, of course, be polite to everyone. If things return to the way they used to be, well, it's not the first time I've seen a drastic reduction (or cessation) of alcohol consumption lead to improvements.

A mutual friend told me she and her boyfriend were absolutely cloying with PDA. Other people have reported same. Either I am spectacularly unobservant, or someone is spreading rumors. They stood closer than casual friends. That's all I saw. Shocking isn't it? Especially when everyone knows they are both single.

Return to “Post When You Can”