Tackling Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Tackling Tuesday

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Tackling errands, etc today --
* post office
*electric company, paid bill
* drug store
Filled out form for credit card company. Apparently, after 17 years, they were not sure we were American citizens. :roll:
Called dmom, left message. She must be out gallivanting. ;) (LOL -- just a joke, but I'm glad she feels like being out at all!)
Helping dh w/laundry.

I do 3 different things with each check/bill I write and that involves getting up going to copier, 2 separate places for the file copies and the check register.

That sounds just like dmom, Harmony! Unfortunately, that is why none of her three things get done consistently... :roll:
I bet a weekly calendar would be very helpful for Mr. Harmony. That sounds like a good plan!

(((Elizabeth)))

Hope y'all have a great trip, Twins!

Hmmm... my dryer is really making a squeal-y sound. I don't know, but it sure sound like a belt about to give up the ghost!
It's been doing this for a while though, so maybe it will last a while longer. I am REALLY sick of appliance disasters.

(((Harriet))) for heat units.

Oh! I DEFINITELY come here looking for smart and sane women! I don't know what on earth I'd do without y'all. I'm guilty of multiple "refresh" sessions, too!

I meant to send (((HUGS))) to LadyM's ds9, too, after his disappointing amusement park visit. Glad he's able to spend more time with your dd, in some ways, but (((HUGS))) to you too, LadyM, b/c this has to be somewhat nerve-wracking!

Waving to ALL!

We have dgrands in a couple of hours, but they will only be here for about an hour, and then * SHOCK * Dh and I are going to R ed L obster to celebrate our anniversary from last week! I know... we went to C racker B arrel when we left the hospital, but that was more to celebrate the arteriogram, LOL, and dh knows I love R ed L obster sooo much. I don't think we've been there since he got sick. Maybe once?
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Dh is home and tucked into bed. He's been up since the equivalent of 10 p.m. last night. I'll wake him in an hour and hopefully he'll be able to get up and enjoy a bit of the evening or at least the dinner I made. It smells wonderful so it is something for him to look forward to.

My parcels have arrived downstairs so I'll take the bags back down to the car and bring up the chips I bought and the parcels. Then I'll try and get another writing task done.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Got my updated health card in the mailbox today. Went and dropped off some purses, make up bags and stuff around the corner. Dropped off a bag of stuff at the food bank. Picked up more meds for dh and an empty "sharps" container as his other one was really full. Picked up 2 stocking stuffers for dh. Made an appointment for a B12 shot for next week and got my new health card swiped at the doctor's office. Went to the bank and paid off my Visa CC and paid the internet bill. Got notification that my cell phone bill is due and it's on auto pay.

Feeling too accomplished.

I also got a bag of Hallowe'en kisses, which aren't too popular, but I know we won't get any trick or treaters because our road will be closed next week for repairs to the train tracks.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Home from the doctor visit. All is well. The doctor wants DH to be on every 3 months checkup because this is the 4th skin cancer surgery. DH is considered high risk for more. That's no big surprise since he was born red-headed with fair skin.

DH and I ate lunch out at a Chinese buffet. I tried to limit weight gain by only eating mushrooms, broccoli, squash, and shrimp. Those are all a favorite of mine so it wasn't a sacrifice.

We walked through a tractor supply store and picked up a few things.
** DH needed some big hinges for a project he is working on.
** I got a dog bowl that can be mounted up high. The puppy is eating his puppy food and then going outside and eating the big dog food. He is overeating. So I'm putting the big dog food dish up high where the puppy can't reach it....I hope.
** Found a lightweight chain for the new puppy. Grrrr.....our 2 big dogs have taught the puppy to chew/destroy any leash or collar made from cloth. The big dogs refuse to wear a collar and the other day I watched them in amazement chewing a collar off the puppy. We need the option to put a leash on the puppy in some circumstances for safety.
* A couple of T-shirts. They caught my attention because they were soooo soft.

On the way home, we stopped at the school and paid for DGD6 to attend Cheerleading training. The money was due before EOD and DD had forgotten about it. She texted me asking if I would go pay it.

A DFriend text asking about joining WWatchers. She is going to meet me there tonight.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:19 pm

I am not in a happy cleaning mode - but I am doing it. I am definitely in the oh grumpy me stage (the brat phase) of cleaning.

dailies
vacuumed first floor and swiffer dusted it and swiffer washed it.
Managed clutter in the rooms on first floor
did rug from bathroom needs to dry
still listening to cd

d younger dog is hurting??? back upper thigh - I think she pulled something when she went for a walk w dd younger. We just had x rays of her back legs and hips this week and she does have a bit of arthritis so I think this is muscle related. I gave her pain meds from the vet so we will see what happens.

okay I have to clean the upstairs bathrooms - do I want to NOOOOOOO! brat in me taking over!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:27 pm

I have to get over the idea of being a victim of housework! Time to see myself as a conqueror and a hero of tackling this Tuesday's work

d lady so happy that dh did well. I like when a doctor is so thorough!

well done d cathy on your multiple donation day - great work on feeling accomplished

hope your dh has a nice rest d Kathryn

hi d lucy have a wonderful dinner out d lucy!

hi d harmony! cheering you on through all the work you have been doing!

hi d twins! my goodness I always love to hear about your social life... very cool that you d kids were the boys parents ring bearer and flower girl.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:28 pm

LOL, LadyM about the leashes and collars. Dfriend M's ddog R uby still has to use a leash with chain except for the handle because otherwise she considers it to be a toy. Chief was the same way - I donated his leash to the shelter to use with equally playful pups there.

Lunch with dfriend did not hold me - surprising. It was a cup of a cream chicken/artichoke heart soup and a spinach salad with goat cheese. I'm going to have a snack and then need to regroup:
-empty dishwasher and clear kitchen counters
-fold laundry
-make the bed

I too look forward to seeing what everyone is doing. This is a unique community.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Back from knitting mtg. Did minimum errands bc of my toe. KidN will be here this afternoon a bit.
Got donations dropped off closer place this week yea! I put out a couple other items at the trading post, and the folding directors chair w "free" sign on it was gone when I came back.
Got another lite for the tool room. Not sure yet who will put it up but at least we can with it here now.

Then found the lamp h had put up so I did get the walls dusted in there. Yea!
One lol is folded and put away. The other is in the dryer it is still going.
Swish & swiped in the bathrooms.
Sitting outside for a few minutes typing this1 up.
Folded blankets on the couch downstairs, dusted a bit more.
Pupa in various rooms quickly as I went through.
Swept kit. And dining room just doing traffic areas is not working with a baby in the house. Iykwim
Daily cleaing out of hens coop done.

Ex. On stat bike still to be done.
Have that prob. With ddog chewing harnesses got a choke chain for her (not the pronged one).
Watched flylady kat on u tube for insp. 2day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Oh, great! I was thinking as I was slicing veggies for soup -better be careful so I don't have to call dh to take me to urgent care. I was. Unfortunately wasn't so careful with can of kidney beans. Sliced my thumb on the lid. Tried to wrap in a towel so I didn't get any blood in the soup. Now just working at getting it stopped so I can put bandaids on it. Don't think I'll need stitches though. Dumb! Making a recipe I saw in Woman's W orld I saw last week for "Fat fighting Minestrone soup". Makes a large pot full so will have it for a few days.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:33 pm

3 of 4 DPCs DONE! I can't do the 4th until 4 pm due to the schedule of the recipient. One of them was to the foot doctor who will probably want to see me again. I cannot afford another hospital foot surgery - it was $1k. I can afford an in-office procedure ($40). I have checked my bank balance and the aftermath of my financial fiasco has cleared. I am still well below what I need in reserve, but at least I am no longer < $100 in savings. I've jotted a few notes on the article I am working on for the animal org.

I'm even more sleepy than I was before, because I had to take a migraine pill. Probably did not eat enough last night.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out, probably in due to finances and homework. Then I need to work on my dance and the article. Party cleanup now consists of undecorating. However, since Halloween has not passed yet, it is still ok to have that stuff out. I do need to get it back into the shed before it rains. One of the bins no longer has a lid and some of the items don't fit in bins. Maybe do some 15s, cycling through the items. Going to bed early would be very sensible. Will I do it? I actually did pretty well last night.

Return to “Post When You Can”