Tackling Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tackling Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:15 pm

finished bathrooms
threw laundry downstairs
took out garbage from all the bathrooms.
managed clutter down stairs except for laundry on church bench ;)

my moderate cleaning is done for today.

now for
bill listing
cards
check cards for tomorrow
calendar update
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:22 pm

happy that the financial fiasco has cleared... that must be a weight off your mind!
hope your migraine goes away d elizabeth

d dee I have a special glove I wear for slicing things (my knives are incredibly sharp)... it really works - I am so sorry you got hurt on the lid..trust me that can is the one who should apologize to you. I guess if I was called kidney bean I would also have an attitude ;) :lol:
Minestrone sounds wonderful

d nancy I hope your toe starts to feel better. yay on getting rid of donations.
great job on all that you did today

hi d twins. You are doing great with you work as well!

Next:

pull out needlepoint

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:08 pm

What kind of glove, Blessed?

I'm now working on year 2015 for church reports. Missing a few that I'm going to print off now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:30 pm

I have orange rolls in the oven. H just called and is on his way.
Thanks for saying that Blessed. I have seen those gloves but on a sewing show.
KidN is singing and coloring mow, she just did sidewalk art a bit ago.
I got the hallway to the basement dusted, one more room to do the office, maybe tomorrow. Time will tell. I was able to walk around the block yea!
Dgd can read 178 per min. She is in 4th grade.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Home from WW. 1.5 lb loss. After weeks of just barely hanging on, I feel like I'm finally back in the groove. I am enjoying WW meetings so much. It isn't a large meeting, usually about a dozen people. If it was a large group we might not be able to be so welcoming and chatty. We have an informal chatting time sharing what worked, what didn't and tips for about 30 minutes. The actual meeting is another 30 minutes. The time just seems to fly by. Two of my DFriends joined WW tonight and they seemed to feel comfortable with the group.

DS9 stayed with DMom for several hours today. He was so pleased with how much he was able to help her. He completely weeded her vegetable garden and spread mulch for her.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:00 pm

That is great, that ds9 was able to help your dmom so much, LadyM!
WTG on weight loss, too!

Dgd sees a rheumatologist tomorrow at Big City children's hospital. I know this has to be scary for ds and ddil -- it is to me! -- although he says it's not. Their pediatrician has been wonderful about keeping them calm and focusing on positive prognosis.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Lucylee: I'd be scared so I understand how you are feeling.

Dh and I really enjoyed our tv show with our dinner. He was laughing so hard, I had to pause the video for a few minutes. Dinner was very good.

After dinner we went for a walk. It is raining now but it was quite nice then so I'm glad we got out.

I've managed to get the minutes and a newsletter written and sent. I hate sending mass emails. Now I'm getting the bounce backs. Sigh...

We'll get to bed at a reasonable hour, which dh will appreciate.

But first I have to email dd. (note to self, her name isn't really dd so when you enter that in the address line of an email, nothing comes up!)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:48 pm

I actually got "most" of the dishes done after supper. There is still one thing to do, plus a cutting board. No room on the drying rack. Already decided on supper for tomorrow night. Spaghetti and meat sauce.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:24 pm

goodnight all

dishes are washing themselves to sleep

d lucy i will b thinking of your ds ddil and sweet little one tomorrow

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:50 pm

Hello, villagers ~
I'm thankful that DH and I were able to go up to DSis's after I got off work on Saturday. All of DSis's grandchildren brought their Halloween costumes so we could do Trick or Treat in her yard. DMom was feeling very well and enjoyed seeing so many great-grandchildren at once. We had sloppy joes and a few salads for supper. I was really tired from working all day so we didn't stay late. It was a wonderful visit.

I think that was the last time things went according to plan. Monday at work we had so many people coming in that I couldn't do the side project the boss asked me to do. Today staff meeting ran long and that threw off the rest of my afternoon. Why do I even try to plan anyway? I guess if I didn't try to plan anything, the weeks would get even crazier.

I've been planning to go to the fall sewing retreat this Thursday-Friday-Saturday, coming home to sleep the nights between. I knew there was no chance to get out of work Thursday, but that's ok because I'm not in charge of the retreat this time. My plan is to go Thursday morning to help set up the tables/chairs and haul in my sewing machine and supplies. If all goes well, I'll be able to sew a little before I have to leave for work. Then it will all be there ready for me to spend all of Friday and Saturday playing with fabrics. That's the plan.

I had also planned to spend all of tomorrow at home getting ready for retreat. I wanted to cut out my projects to be ready to sew, and organize the tools/supplies to only take what I need for those projects, not haul a bunch of extra stuff. I wanted to get the laundry and dishes caught up, and maybe even declutter another small section of the kitchen.

It was a lovely, relaxed plan.
Too bad that at staff meeting today I was asked if I can work a 6 hour shift tomorrow. :|

Sigh. I can still get all the chores done and pack my sewing stuff, I've done it many times over the past few years.
I just won't be as neatly organized and relaxed as I'd hoped to be.
It's the familiar story of my life.

Return to “Post When You Can”