Tackling Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Tackling Tuesday

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:54 pm

Good night, all (mornin', Lynlee, I'm not really up this late! :) ).

(((Dee))) ouch! hope you heal quickly. Try the character bandaids - they work better. When the grandboys were here they helped me choose a Charlie Brown one and sure enough, I felt better right away.

Kathryn, I've done that before myself!!! :lol: Their names don't begin with "d" and they are more than 2 letters!

I've been on a roller coaster with this sewing/craft project for costume, which has been a puzzle, especially fitting the craft part into the sewing part. It won't work... it will work... no, it won't ...yes, it will. I'm leaving it in a "yes it will, but not exactly how I wanted" phase and going to bed.

I have to get over the idea of being a victim of housework!

:D

Sunny

Re: Tackling Tuesday

Postby Sunny » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:09 am

Hi everyone... quick post before I turn out the lights. Just heard the weather forecast and the temp. is finally below 70*; supposed to go down to 65* tonight. :D

I enjoyed reading of all the different meals being cooked here today. WTG on your WW loss Lady M!

I have spent the last two and a half days at the hospital with dh. At suppertime on Sunday he lost his balance trying to catch a pill before it fell on the floor and he fell onto his side. Ds#2 came when I called him and helped him up. The fall hurt his shoulder and hip. Dh sat in his recliner most of the evening, but still was having some pain in ribs/chest area and about 10:30 I took him to ER. Ex-rays showed nothing broken, but blood work showed he'd had a mild heart attack, most likely from the stress of the accident. They have scheduled a heart catheterization for tomorrow ... rescheduled from today because INR was a little too high. Please say a prayer for him!

I didn't get to bed until 4 am Sunday night -- well, Monday morning, so I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep. I've been trying to do some little things in the morning before I visit dh and after I come home for supper, but not much is getting done.

Something else I need to figure out is why I can't answer phone calls on my cell phone. The calls ring up on the phone and I can call someone, but neither party can hear the other talking. I can still send and receive texts. Weird! I'm going to take dh's phone and make some calls with his phone tomorrow.

Oh, I got a call from dgd20-H who was on her way to work this evening (she called dh's phone). She is now working full time at Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg. Anyway, she told me, among other things, that her dad (ds#3) was on his way to the vet with their puppy, Jaeger, who had been playing with someone's sock and when they tried to get it way from him, ate it! I haven't heard anything since then on how the puppy is doing. :o If it's not one thing, it's another!

Ok, I would like to respond to more, but am so sleepy now. I need to turn out the lights now.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”