Tackling Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Tackling Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:25 am

My headache left my Monday tasks basically untouched. So today I'm tackling those.

What are you tackling today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tackling Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 am

The two most important items for me today are oil change in the car and pick up dh from the airport.

The apartment is lovely and tidy and I managed to get fresh sheets on the bed despite the headache so it will be a welcoming home for dh.

The headache all but left while I sat in front of the open patio door in the dark last night. I think a lot of the problem is I'm overheated. Now whether that is a medical sign of trouble or just the heat in my apartment, I don't know. But I get into a sweat very easily even when out in cooler weather.

At the moment, after every door and window being open wide all night (it is 61* at the moment outside), my bedroom is 71.5, the living room is 72 and the kitchen is 75. The wind was from the east so that explains the difference in temperatures (east/west side of the apartment.) The sun is just rising now so the apartment will only get hotter through the day, although it is raining so that will help keep it cooler than yesterday with the sun. The high yesterday was only 70 and my thermostats are all turned off but the heat from the radiator and solar gain is just making the apartment too hot for me.

If the headache stays away, I'll try and vacuum and dust between 9 and 10. Maybe even mop the kitchen floor. Ds is coming over around 10 to do laundry.

Then I'll try and settle into doing the work I skipped yesterday before heading out to do the car and get dh.

Had a vivid dream last night. Dreamed that I still owned my dad's place and the neighbours were complaining that it was getting the reputation of a haunted house because it had been empty for 10 years. I didn't want to sell it so was trying to think of a way to turn into a sanctuary for me, a place to go and work away from distractions. But I couldn't see it being used enough so then I realized that ds could live there and work on fixing it up. It was the perfect solution and I was all excited.

This morning when I woke up, I remembered I had a brilliant idea through the night. When I finally remembered the whole dream I realized it won't work. Sigh....

It won't take years of therapy to figure out the significance of the dream. In the background of it is my slight envy of Lucylee and Harriet with family properties staying within the family. As well, there is my worry over how things will turn out for ds (which is borrowing trouble since he's happy at the moment and not in any trouble.) Finally, the home where I had dinner last night is the same model of house as my childhood home. It has been updated and before we sold, we discussed keeping the house and remodeling it so I'm always delighted to visit this person and see what Dad's house could have been. All those things ended up in my dream last night!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:50 am

All makes sense, Kathryn.
My headache left my Monday tasks basically untouched. So today I'm tackling those.
Think we were buddies yesterday. I'd sit down & doze off. As it went into evening I dozed off & on & felt worse. Finally about 9pm it dawned on me :idea: :idea: I had my flu shot Thursday afternoon. Dh asked if my reaction was usually that long after. Figured out all started at the 3-day mark. the usual. Can I say I'm so glad it's that far behind me and I didn't have to leave for FL yet?. Feel pretty good this morning. Have to leave for rehab in 1 hour so need to get busy. Just finishing my breakfast and coffee.

As Kathryn said, I have all of yesterday's tasks/projects moved to today. Need to finish planning out the rest of my week.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:14 am

I need to dust one room tool room walls. Glad I did so much on my zones and home blessing yesterday yea! I need to write out my chocolate crinkle cookie recipe. Waiting for day break to fed the hens. Journaling to do More coffee... waving to everyone.

Trash is at the curb.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:15 am

I am sorry I couldn't come back yesterday - we ended being out all day

d lady - I am sorry your dd doesn't realize that those words are hurtful to your ds. She doesn't realize that her words and actions are causing him not to trust her. I am glad he can tell you.

No doubt d kathryn that migraines cause one not to be able to work or focus. I call them wash days - everything is a wash to the point that I really don't remember the day- it's almost like a day dropped off the calendar and I missed it. Yesterday dd younger had that - I just told her just wash that day of the calendar - it's okay and nothing to regret. Hope your headache stays away. ((())))

d dee that happened to me after my flu shot as well! I thought I could work through the tired but my body had other ideas for me :D

d nancy - look at your morning energy.. take me with you - I want some of the brilliant energy you have.

I wish you three and all that follow a blessing of a day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 am

I am trying to decide of whether I want to go to bible study considering I haven't been there.
I don't care for the Paul study - I think I put him in today's world and not the world of his history. For some reason i couldn't pull in the information from the study so that I am ill prepared.
I love the women though.
They are collecting items for a shelter - which I might drop off and then come home.

being gone yesterday I think I would like to stay home and work on my kitchen and laundry
I have to be out of the house tomorrow as well - time to make a decision.

first I will go to tar get and grab those items, then drop them off at bible study but not stay
There! I made a decision!

rainy day 46 degrees
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:25 am

We had a sunny day here so finally caught up with the washing.
Its still waiting to go away however.

Kathryn - my childhood / teen headaches eased with cooling my core body temp. Eventually was told that my neck tension was to blame, as more blood was pumped in than could get out. Heat on the back of my neck became an odd solution for me. These days walking seems to help, if they aren't too intense. also yoga.
being fed properly. Yes - overheating in summer is a cause for me too. I simply have to rehydrate and cool down.

hugs and prayers for you all.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:30 am

I was using heat/cold in the day yesterday and hydrating like crazy. But this one needed dark as well. I have an eye mask that has ice pack holder so I may end up using that next time.

I actually got a fair amount done yesterday - bed stripped and remade, sheets washed and put away, put away the other laundry, minor weekend five-minute chores, watered the plants, tidied the whole apartment, got my computer fixed, made the hamburg chowder and spent 4 hours being social. Looking back that should feel like 'enough'.

I didn't get to the cleaning before ds arrived. The dinner, dh's favourite pork stew, is in the crock pot, I've s2s, including shaving my legs (was to be done on Sunday but broke my razor by dropping it and breaking off the thing that grabs onto the replacement blades), had breakfast, talked for ages with dd on the phone and set up visits Friday and perhaps tomorrow and washed up all the dirty dishes from breakfast and dinner prep.

Next up: go get the mail from yesterday and look to see if my parcel has been delivered.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:27 am

Kathryn wrote:There are some days when I'm obsessively refreshing in the hopes of news from one person or another.

That's me as well! Good morning everyone! Late start to the day because the daily loads failed. Got 'em straightened out. Yesterday, I made dance class, but the teacher did not want to look at costuming today. She had a date afterward. She does know that any changes and additions have to be done by Elizabeth's Own Sewing and Alterations. If what I have does not fit the vision and I don't have enough time to deal with it, tough toenails. I won't buy something. I won't be in debt for a hobby. Because I get there a little early on most days, I used the time to call mom.

When I got home, I worked on the dance for Saturday. It is the live version of YYZ, which is 7:44 long, with a 3 minute section that screams for shimmies. But will the audience get bored of that much shimmying? Don't know. I will tell them it's a work in progress and they are my initial test audience. It is the truth. Other than that, I did an LOL, dailies, some party cleanup, and put the leftover beer in the fridge so I can take it to Saturday's potluck. Had to give foster cat Lara an allergy pill. Would be so nice to have a house full of healthy cats.

Today, I have 3 DPCs. One is to the podiatrist, the bony bump that has resulted in two surgeries is coming back again, bigger than ever. I need to work on the animal org article also. Tonight is craft night at church and I would like to go. However, DD15 will probably have homework.

What I want to do is take a nap.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:49 am

Well drat light is not working in the tool room. No dusting happened. That has to wait, washer twins are going now. Letter off to dsis.

I have a piece of red leash I show the dog when the kids are coming over that day. She gets it out to see if they are coming over. Pretty cool way to communicate with the dog.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”