Anti-Procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:27 pm

One room? Whichever one looks like a junk room at the time. Usually office.

I don't much like vacuuming because I don't have a very good vacuum and I'm suspicious that even the hepa filter ones kick up dust anyway. *

Favorite - Anything to do with textiles like folding laundry, hanging drip-dries, or making bed, hanging towels neatly. I just bought a sweet new kitchen towel, and a hand towel for front bath that will be nice over the holidays.

Ironing? I never heard of it. What is that?

Actually I got my iron out today for touch-up of sewing project which is finished. So I ironed about 1 square foot. News is that ds came and picked up the little Toy Story vest this evening. Film in A, C and N thread. (Nancy, a Halloween costume doesn't count for Rudolph! :( Maybe I can tell myself I used my Rudolph day getting October projects out of the way.)

* about dust - the sticker shock on the HVAC found us trying to choose between the two "middle of the road" decisions. (like numbers 3 and 4, of a 1 through 6 group) I was leaning toward the lesser, 3, HRH toward the nicer, 4, and we thought for a long time. We went with 4 and THEN the fellow remembers to tell us that 4, 5 or 6 would come with air duct cleaning!!! I said, "Next time, LEAD with that! You would have had me sold already!"

Sunny, I saw your post last evening at the moment I was going to cut the 'puter off, but I read through and put your dh right into my prayers. Thank you for updating us.

Austin, that's great news about getting "released" by a med person.

Lynlee

Re: Anti-Procrastination Wednesday

Postby Lynlee » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 pm

about inner uncooperative selves. (no name calling could extend to inner self)
let Bart or Barb or Donna off the hook sometimes. There are other things they can do.
Yes they need to clear up any mess they make.

Put on you big girl panties and find a grown / groan up self who is more than able to lend a hand.

Put away undies. and top and trousers hanging in a doorway still. (walk the talk)
camis / singlets and socks are for another time.
I'm dressed. eating bfst. Need to be out in 15 - min. its getting less all the time.

which room ??? too much input. chose a nice spot. go from there lynlee
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:08 pm

We enjoyed the taco flavored seasoned ground turkey in wraps for dinner with veg. Yum!
I swept the kitchen.
I spiffed up the dishes hens are fed. H has to work Sat.
It is dark at 5 min. Past six here now.
I finished up a knit scarf blue, and started a pink one.
Hens are in the coop & run.
Swept up leaves in the carport more to come.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Think I need to name tomorrow "hit the floor running" for me. :roll: Just looked at my list of projects that really should be completed tomorrow -there's 42 of them. Any bets I probably won't complete them all? Really going to have to get a lot of them done or I'm going to have a lot of last minute things.

Invited all our dks, dgks to go to our church Smorgasbord with us Saturday night. Told them it was our treat and in place of a Thanksgiving dinner. Think we'll take up at least a table if they're large or 2 smaller ones. Think there's about 14 of us if everyone can go. Know DS-A's family and ddil's dson and 2 daughters will be there. Then our dgd and her boyfriend and possibly dgs24. Haven't heard from DS-R or ddil-R yet. Hoping they can make it but I also know how busy they are.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:37 pm

good night all

in't it funny I love textiles but I don't like doing laundry folding - I might have to look at it differently.

Ironing? I never heard of it. What is that?

hahahaha d harriet

what a great way of thinking d lynn. I am definitely going to try this.

good night dear everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:38 pm

I have been working on the procrastination stuff! Honest, I have!
Got busy with some stuff for the retired teacher group, set up my roster & email excel documents for that, typed the minutes from last meeting, emailed them to vice-pres... (just b/c I like someone to proofread them for me)...
Vacuumed den, dining room, "guest" bath, and computer room -- still have to do kitchen, laundry, master bedroom...
S/S master bath -- still have to do guest bath
(I am ignoring "baby" room, guest room, connecting bath, and study.)
Talked to ddil on phone... dmom on phone... dbil on phone...
Picked up dgs at school...
Went to bank...
Went to their house to pay yard man...
Cooked supper...
Went to church...

It HAS been a full day, huh?

And dgd DOES have chronic juvenile arthritis. :cry: She does not act like ANYTHING at all is wrong with her, but it seems so sad. I am glad it is not a life-threatening condition and the doctors do think that it can be controlled with meds, but it has to be over-whelming to ds & ddil. :cry: Lots of doctor visits in their future...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”