Anti-Procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Anti-Procrastination Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:09 am

An anti-procrastination day worked well last week, let's try it again to pick off some of those nagging put off items from our list.

What can you get done today that you've procrastinated on?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Anti-Procrastination Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:10 am

A brilliant morning to you dearest Twins!!!

Good morning all.

Wednesday my hope for today :D
October 25, 2017
french in pm
crock pot day - make in am
1:30 hair cut
d sis in laws b day
Grocery shopping day and put away day
craft/christmas craft day
creative day

d younger dog was in a lot of pain - she hurt her back leg - I will be taking her in as soon as I find out when the vet is free.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:32 am

It is another no-water day here (sigh... that means no hot water in our bathrooms for at least 24 hours after the water is turned on.)

I've run off water for toilet and hand washing and teeth brushing and boiled water for the kitchen. The dishes are in a sink of hot water right now, waiting for me to wash them.

I'm also s2s.

Time to go eat my breakfast.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:08 am

so frustrating d kathryn.. I hope this is a short-lived issue.

I AM PROCRASTINATING... I have to read the title for today to give myself inspiration. Choose action ;)

cards organized for today
I can feel my brain flittering this way and that with no direction...
Forcing my brain to pull my first card. :shock: ;) I am putting this in large letters so I can trick my brain. 8-)

Poof***

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:17 am

Good morning all! The daily loads loaded. Thank goodness, because the expert has left for a funeral. The anti-procrastination task for me is the animal org article. The other WTF is practice my dance for Saturday. There is one DPC scheduled for 10:00. If there is time, I will put elastic in a dance skirt, it must be done by Saturday. My 5 minute task of the day is to copy a video from a USB drive onto the computer. I may do a backup tonight, I may not. It is not critical because I did one recently. I may just backup the video.

Last night, as predicted, was Girls' Night In with homework rather than craft night at church. DD15 was not being particularly diligent and kept straying back to fun reading instead of work. I finally told her I was going to be very unhappy if she got nothing done and I could have gone to craft night. I can't criticize her too harshly, she had an unusually stressful day. A junior at her school has died. They were not told how it happened (they probably don't know yet). A neighbor has complained again about her stepmother's dog again. The complaints are valid and they have done all the recommended treatments and training. Because the court could order BOTH dogs debarked and they do not want the little dog to lose her home, the x was at the vet discussing that option. Totally stinks, but although the x is a lousy husband, he is a top notch dog owner, and would never do this except as a last resort. DD is very unhappy about it. I told her it was like when we had to amputate Leo's leg - not good, but saved him from a worse fate. I did manage to practice the dance and get to bed at a reasonable hour. I discovered the migraine cause too - forgot my morning thyroid pill after a weekend where those pills got off schedule. That's practically a migraine recipe.

Tonight, I am having dinner with a friend who wants to return one of the foster cat beds. It could certainly wait until I see her Saturday, but I am happy to meet her for dinner. I moved one of the other beds into the empty space and the cat who sleeps there is using it. However, J is concerned that she misses her own bed. Plus, I want her to have her own set of keys to my house, so we will swap. She saw Geezer Kitty at the party and wants me to start fluids on her. It couldn't hurt, but the vet has not recommended it (yet), and I am not going down that route. An old cat with known kidney problems who is in need of fluids is a dying cat. The process can be prolonged in reasonable comfort for a little while, but there is no cure.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:23 am

I could write a book of lists. My mind keeps going "Bing!" with things I've meant to do, or forgotten about, or keep putting off. So I'll try to knock some of those off today.

Dfriend M brought her garbage to me this a.m. so it won't sit in her garage the 10 days she's away. I have the dog sitter coming around six, and then I have tai chi (for which I've not practiced at all) at seven. In between I need to get groceries, visit my dmom, and hit some neglected tasks. I'm beginning to gear up for being away, not only this weekend, but Nov. 4 - 11.

Right now:
-breakfast and meds
-start a lol (just a sweater to dry flat)
-s2s
-walk the ddog
-head out to see mom and get groceries
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:25 am

For ap tasks I rounded up holiday assignment items cards and such in to a small container and will move it out of the lr soon as I am off this stat bike. Also dusted under the bed in mbr.

A M routine stuff done.
Dishes and laundry current.

I am painting some larger rocks mostly to get them off the steps.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:14 am

putting away washing/ you say laundry/ was important item on today's list. Mostly done
online support group - was supportive. Sometimes experience comes in handy.

looks online at real estate tonight. If I could ever get out of here, maybe there is a place somewhere.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:15 am

am dailies done for kitchen
-emptied dishwasher, filled with the breakfast dishes
-sink clean
-counters and stove top clean
-cards pulled
-dogs meds
-me meds
-vacuumed wood floor
-swiffer dusted under cabinets and wood work
-swiffer dusted floors
-swiffer rinsed kitchen floor
-swiffer rinsed powder room
-manage clutter

-pumpkin bread is in the oven

I am again in that brat mood - I don't mind doing the kitchen dailies but I make the other dailies so much harder to do than they actually are. :? I am definitely in brat mode again. I love my home and wanted to be a wonderful homemaker; but there is always a rebellion of doing routines and chores underneath all the work I do at home. :lol: ;) oh my Goodness I have a huge inner brat that makes jobs menial rather than productive. :? :shock: :roll:

today was supposed be the day I get my hair cut but the young lady is sick. Tomorrow was supposed to be my heavy kitchen day with d mom (she wants to help with my small pantry) but now I have to do a little juggling because the appointment is tomorrow at 3:00 pm (I leave at 2:30). I think I will do the heavy kitchen focus in the morning as I don't want to do it today.

I had planned on going with dd younger for pumpkins and cornstalks Friday but since this is my creative day I will ask if she wants to go today. It's sunny today (first time in 4 days)

next cards pulled - other dailies for other rooms
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:16 am

curious: is there any room in the house, or chore, that you really really dislike doing and put off?

for me:
It is our bedroom
and folding and putting away laundry

Return to “Post When You Can”