Hit the Ground Running Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Hit the Ground Running Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:58 am

I am feeling mama bearish. The temple's bank returned a check that dd deposited saying it had a stop payment on it - temple secretary, whom I told dd not to go to first, has made it dd's fault. The check was 4.5 months old and she's telling dd that the bank does it automatically if a ck is four months old. I don't think that is right, and I told dd not to go to temple secretary first. Yes, should should have deposited it earlier and I'm sure she has learned her lesson but she should be treated with respect. You guys perhaps remember my interactions with her over the years.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 am

Good morning all! The daily loads loaded and the morning meeting attended. Last night, I had a very yummy Chinese dinner with friends and swapped a set of keys for a cat bed. When I got home, I practiced on Saturday's dance. I need to figure out what my costume will be. I am leaning toward my sky blue skirt because everyone has seen the fluorescent yellow one in many variations. I did 15 minutes of cleanup in the sewing room. I am trying FlyLady's dungeon cleaning method. The problem in the sewing room is that most of the clutter is works in progress. These will take more than 15 minutes to get finished. The Christmas items should go away soon (gotta get back on those!). After that, I worked on a blanket square to get it out of the way, but the size is off and I will have to rip out the last row.

I folded and put away a LOL while monitoring Geezer Kitty to make sure the other cat did not take her food. I have started twice a day separate feeding for her to make sure she eats.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out with DD15, which may be in due to homework. If it's homework, I will work on daily stuff + 15 minutes of sewing room during that, so I can do other stuff once I drop her off. Priorities are dance practice, fix elastic in dance skirt, animal org article.

What is a Rudolph day?

Kathryn: For feline output issues, use an enzymatic cleaner. These can be found in any pet supply store. Natrure's Miracle works well. Petzyme, which used to be at Petsmart, was really good. We had a dog with giardia and the smell was gone!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:33 am

but am now feeling the heavy weight of overwhelmedness.
Yeah, me too, Kathryn. As if I already didn't have enough to squeeze in over the next few days, I broke off the back of the tooth that the dentist fixed a couple months back. Called pharmacy to get my prescription for antibiotic filled and called the dentist. He's taking me at 12:45 tomorrow. But first I have rehab. Not sure he can fix it -it was only a fix it for now type thing before because they don't want to pull it -because of being on Plavix and aspirin. I wasn't even chewing on it. :cry: :cry:

Back to 'running'. I've just been doing things as I see them. Today's laundry is done. The bed's been stripped (dh will help me make it up later today). Putting on the flannel sheets. Have to put a pillow under the bed and get out the vinyl bed cover. I can't lift the bed by myself, nor can I make it by myself. Well, I guess I could but it's very difficult -and we even have room on the sides of the bed, but not near the top. Have to pull the mattress down and it's heavy too. That pitter patter you hear is not little feet, but size 6's running back and forth.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:50 am

it's 6 months - unless it's changed d twins.

"i didn't realize how dirty this was - my cabinet is full of oils/vinegars etc. that I go through yearly (last year I couldn't bc of d uncle)
"you should throw everything out"
lol poor d mom
it is always a joy to be here with you!

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:21 pm

Good afternoon.

Took me until 12:06 to complete morning routines that really CAN be done in an hour. I just didn't start until 9:30am. Sipping the last of my after breakfast coffee. I'm not a morning person and we have a cold front coming in within 24 hours which means it starts to affect my vertigo/imbalance issues. Have to make a mini grocery run this afternoon because I may not be able to drive tomorrow morning. I will be experiencing that paralyzed feeling Kathryn speaks of and moving around VERY carefully.

DGS comes after work this afternoon to do Tall/Strong Person tasks for me. Family and friends have forbidden me to climb past the 1st step on the step stool.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:42 pm

My feet came to a crashing halt (J&C) but I still need to get busy again. I'm just trying to do one thing at a time and eventually it'll all get done. Our deacon and wife came by to talk (they also are very good friends who camp here). Dh is helping them winterize this afternoon.

Had a Christmas gift to wrap for dgs12 and that's done. Have a bunch of things to go to both DSs and think I have that separated now. DS-R is supposed to come by between today & Sunday to put on our AC covers on the roof. Nobody wants dh climbing a ladder! Nor me on a stepstool. I did buy a flat 3" high platform at A ldi's this spring that I can stand on for a little bit of help with some of the shelves that are a tad too high (and most of them are in this RV!)

Back to work>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:56 pm

I'm now feeling like a need a nap! Carb heavy lunch + visiting dmom in her too warm room. I may give in a set a timer for 45 min.

Thanks bw2, I think the ck itself said six months, but dd says she gave it to the temple secretary to call the bank (she's not even on the bank account as an authorized contact, so I don't know what good that will do?) I'm put out with dd for not going around the temple secretary - it really doesn't involve her.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Twins: ditto.

Debating nap first or wash floors first.

Update: floors won and are now done.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Nothing running around here, mostly sitting. I took a break this morning while DH was out. Then I started in on stuff.

Some desk chores. Big monthly statement came in and that was a mess this time. Took me close to 2 hours to get it straight. All the items on that one go into 9 or more categories. So I have to separate everything and some receipts have 2 or 3 categories on them. 3 times it came up $8.50 out of balance and I just couldn't figure it out. Finally just took $8.50 off a category. Anyway, that's done for this month.

Last night the church at the end of the street had a big semi truck in the parking lot all night, running with their running lights all on. Today there were 5 men standing around talking about something. I have no idea what's going on over there, but I am watching. That church is out of money and can't even do their own maintenance. They have rented to a day care during the days but still have church evenings and weekends. I don't want to end up with a business parking lot across the street so I am watching.

Kathryn, good luck with the "new" apartment. I hope these people are more agreeable.

Now that I'm up and running, I must get to my other chores of the day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Typical Thursday here (minus DGD6 care)

** Homeschool Day #77 is ongoing. I have modified DS9 lesson plan and our schedule. I'll monitor the results for a few days and decide whether to keep the changes or not.
** Took DS9 to school for lunch & recess with his friends. I ate lunch with the superintendent, principal, and a DFriend.
** Volunteered at school for an hour while DS9 had speech lesson.

DS9 has a new Tourettes tic that is making speech therapy difficult. The new tic is his jaw going side to side. Training your mouth/lips/tongue how to correctly make the S sound while your jaw is moving side to side is almost impossible. DS9 issue with the S sound is the slushiness with air escaping around the sides of his mouth. The tic adds 10x times of slushy sounds as normal. I don't know whether to push through and continue double speech appointments each week and hope this tic goes away....or...........or what? Stopping speech therapy doesn't seem like a good option. It took us months of being on the waiting list to get him into private speech lesson. I don't want to give his spot up.....but trying to train his mouth muscles while the new jaw tic is happening is also not a good option. I'll talk to his speech pathologists and see what they suggest.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”