FINAL FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: FINAL FRIDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:14 pm

we had a dog with Addison's disease and had to feed rice, potatoes and a vet recommended diet.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Happily, Harriet, I was able to make an appointment with ddentist for next June 18th. So he's going to be in place at least through next summer. Although he just had back surgery so I'm sure all bets are off if he continues to have trouble. Appointment was super easy -no novacaine and no charge. Win/win. Hoping it now stays.

Went out with DS-R, DDIL & dgs12 to Taste of Texas -not Texas Roadhouse. It was scrumptious! I had a super baked potato with pulled pork on top. There's enough for another meal or two.

I got a lot organized and grouped together today. Went to dd's motorhome and brought things over that I had already packed. Had taken our small suitcase and my rolling travel bag (from the storage area) over there a few weeks ago. Have them in the car to bring in and get packed tomorrow. Must say the RV looks a whole lot more livable. DS-R is coming early tomorrow morning to put our AC covers on. I have several things to send home with him. So that'll be a whole lot more GONE. Put a bunch of stuff in my trunk for DS-A's family. Have Christmas cards with note and simply a check this year to go to both sons homes.

Have to make scalloped onions for church smorgasbord tomorrow. We've invited all our dks, dgks to join us at dinner at church tomorrow. DS-R,ddil & dgs12 can't make it so that's why they took US to dinner tonight. Not sure dgs24 & dgd22 will be able to make it either -not sure what family things they may have with families of their other dgrandma.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:34 pm

In the mailbox today were two older, used books I ordered - one copyright 1985 found from a Goodwill in FL for $2.71 and one 2000 and in better condition, $8 from AZ. So I'm happy. HRH says it's so expensive to pay for my frivolous purchases.

In truth, we did make one big book purchase of 4 of the same new one that will be signed copies, proceeds donated, after they are published in Dec. One for each of our children. The offer came to my email and I immediately knew I wanted to take advantage if I could, but it was limited to first-come-first-serve. The last time I tried something like that I was way down the list and left out. Email came at 11:13 and I was finished with order, uploaded receipt and wrote out the sentiments I wanted on the autographs by 12:40. So far so good, it looks like I was within the limit.

I took darts in two pairs of pants (they fit much better now) and did some extra laundry, got my tote ready for Sunday with paychecks and order of worship printed. I could still beg off attending because dd would be there and could handle this - thinking.

Tahiti caught my attention. That seems so far away and special to me. So unusual.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:07 pm

I washed throw rugs and dog bedding today. Got my ballot ready to turn in.

Return to “Post When You Can”