FINAL FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FINAL FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:04 am

For October that is. What do you have to finalize before the month is gone?

I've been up since 5:45 and am just about to have breakfast. Trying to make sense out of the 'sent for' living area. The things I have going to DS-A's I'm going to put in our trunk this morning. I've got DS-R's things all together. He's coming later to put our AC covers on. I have a lot for him to take -well a lot for DS-A too.

Want to leave early for rehab as I have to stop at W algreens for my antibiotic. I want to start early at rehab as I will be stopping by the cardiologist's office (across the street literally). Then I'm coming home long enough to brush my teeth, grab dh's paycheck and leaving for the dentist. Sure hope he can fix this. He is a magician so I'm confident he can. Just wondering how long it's going to last this time. We love this dentist and he's so reasonable! But, I hear he's retiring next year -will ask him today how soon in the year. Hoping I can get back into him at least to do whatever's needed in the spring.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Re: FINAL FRIDAY

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:37 am

Dee, I hope you find out your dentist will be in practice longer than you thought.

Mama Bear Twins' Mom, about the check, I did have some positive thoughts. Seeming to know so much about it has now put the secretary to some trouble and time. And phone calls from church office, getting information - well, that's somewhat in her area of work. At some point on the phone she may wish she'd said it was someone else's job, lol. She'll have to come back with correct info, because it's too easy for others to find out for themselves. If she does happen to have been wrong, she'll wish she hadn't told dd it was her fault, even if she never admits that.

Harmony, the very quietest neighbor eventually walks over and asks about big trucks. If a neighbor moves, for instance, you want to know, and that's not being snoopy or out of the way at all. Especially with an asset to a whole community like a church.

((LadyM and ds)) I hope the speech person can figure this out. If he needs to stop a while, how come he couldn't keep his place on the "list" but just drop down on it a bit temporarily.

Rudolph Day is every 25th of the month. Nancy (and I, and many, I believe) think of it for handmade gift-making most of all, but it's for all preparation. This is the explanation from Organized Home:

A few years ago, members of our online Christmas community began to observe "Rudolph Day" on the 25th of each month.

On that day, we take a few moments to plan some simple tasks for the month ahead, in order to get ready for Christmas Day with plenty of time to spare. By starting early--and working a bit at a time on each month's assignments-it's easy to prepare for Christmas, save money on gifts, and cut holiday stress.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:51 am

Good morning, Dee! Quiet morning in the village.

I've cleaned for dcleaning lady. :lol: Need to:
-walk the dog
-s2s
-meds/breakfast

I am getting hair cut and colored at 11:30 today. After that I need to pick up dog food and pack - we will be in ATL tonight and tomorrow night for a bar mitzvah. Dh is hoping to leave around two p.m.

Harriet, thank you for reminding me to think positively! I believe she told dd that the bank did it - not something that the temple stopped pmt on. But my question - what she didn't follow up on - is why? The bank's own policy on their website says a check is stale at six months. That's this gal's limitation - she doesn't think to ask the next question. So I need to get with dd on it. She came in after we went to bed last night and she's still asleep this a.m.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:09 am

hi d twins!
lol I don't have a cleaning lady any more (I had them spring and summer) but I found everyone here dreading the night before the cleaning people came as it meant they had to clean up. lol so true!
Have fun at her hair cut appointment. Good for you

d dee good morning, Thank you for starting us! I hope you have a lovely day while you are out (yes and when you are home too :D ).

Thank you d harriet sharing Rudolf day! I will take a look

Good morning everyone!!! I wish you a wonderful day.

Friday
October 27, 2017
Meet with lady at local pastry shop 10:30 am
Buy turkey and defrost in fridge (d mom is teaching myself and dd younger on how to make a turkey - I haven't done that since my dd28 was 2)
Italian meal.
coffee clutch with new woman I met and her sweet mom and my d mom

Focus: kitchen
I may "may" wrap presents
I "may" pick up the pumpkins with dd younger and corn stalks - ( for November decorations)

feeling very cranky... I have no idea why - lol pray for the people around me. 8-)
time to nice s2s and head out.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:14 am

I am playing the What has been sitting out game - or the old "Name that lump"(pam and peggy) and how long has it been sitting there
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:57 am

Good morning! The daily data loads have loaded, which is good as the expert is still out of town. I guessed right about it being Girls' Night In with homework. DD wanted Chinese, but I had not done bills and budget yet and knew I would have problems this month (airline tickets). Did the B&B while she studied and confirmed what I already knew. I did make a partial payment on the credit card with the tickets, but will have to wait until next paycheck to clear that. Pay cycle is two weeks, so it should not be a problem. Also during study time, I cleared one kitchen table of party stuff and put some things in the storage bins. Because I was on the computer, I finally got the DD15 with Social Distortion video backed up. I was putting it off, because getting on the computer generally leads to procrastination. It did last night, but I have learned which jigsaws are 30 minutes and which are 2 hours and chose accordingly.

After DD left, I ran through Saturday's dance. It is coming along, but it would be better if I had more time. I don't choreograph (bad memory), but have a general outline of what sort of moves to do when. Now, it is getting the music better in my head. Tonight it is essential that I take care of the costuming aspect. No dancer looks good when her skirt falls off!

I did not get a chance to feed geezer kitty separately, because allergic kitty who cannot have her food was right beside her. There is food available 24/7 in my house, but it does no good if GK doesn't want to eat on the floor. She did get on the heating pad, but lost it to allergic cat. With his health problems, it is likely good for him too. I need an electric blanket, but they are too expensive. Maybe I should get a twin size instead of a queen? Wouldn't really fit all of them well.

Tonight's essentials: electric blanket, groceries, gasoline, dance costume, and dance practice.

Weekend's focus: office contest door decor, practice for 18 Nov dance, animal org article (goal = draft 1 sent out Sunday), Christmas crafts. I need a whole month of Rudolph Days

Meeting in 5 minutes. See ya!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:26 am

No dancer looks good when her skirt falls off!

No wardrobe malfunctions, Elizabeth! Best wishes on getting familiar with the music, etc.

Actually, that reminds me no grocery shopper looks good when her pants slip down. I have twice found myself looking around an aisle and tugging up my pants, hoping no one sees. Nice to think my waist is smaller, maybe, but good grief I have the sewing machine set up right now - quit procrastinating and take some darts! :roll: All I need to do is switch to darker thread.

I need a whole month of Rudolph Days

This.

blessed, if you have presents to wrap you are way ahead of me.

Request was sent by HRH (I would never do this) to dd37 and ds32 for early wish lists for their children this year. He said right in the email he wanted to avoid their Mom panicking this year!!!! :o Now, I ask you, would I panic? :| I sent another to them, promising to find completely different things to panic about if not children's gifts and wrapping. I said I would never deprive HRH of such a longstanding holiday tradition.

Anyway, as expected, dd37 has sent a 2-page single-spaced explanation of about 4 or 5 suggestions for each of her 4 children, complete with reasoning, sizes if needed, who suggested it (sometimes older brothers or "his Mom"). My favorite is the helpful addition of all the names of the dinosaur models DangerBoy already has, correctly spelled. (like Therizinosaurus )

Also as expected, Ds32, when questioned about this yesterday, pointed to ddil and said, "I told her to do it." Ddil looked :shock: so I predict this is the first she's realized it's something HRH really wants early.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:51 am

LadyM, reading for enjoyment recommendations from my 2 older children for ds9 -
Ds says Captain Underpants series
Space Brat series
Dd says Sideways Stories from Wayside School series
Encyclopedia Brown series
Magic Tree House series

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:39 pm

I have no lists for Christmas. I have no ideas. My kids are bad at coming up with ideas and especially bad at getting said lists to me. I'm just as bad coming up with something for them!

Captain Underpants! Love the title!
I did just read Swiss Family Robinson. Great book, very easy reading for a child. I don't know how I missed it as a kid, especially since I think Sunny had a copy of it. Only wouldn't recommend it to a child very sensitive about shooting game to eat, which the family did.

Great title for today. End of month, only 2 business days to go. I wrote payroll check and submitted taxes for October.

Final. We're supposed to have final inspections at our favorite job :roll: and have already run into more problems. Lady has hung up on us several times and didn't answer her phone this morning when we were going over to do a few last things. We're trying to coordinate with the inspector but he will only give us a 20 minute call ahead to be there. We have to let the county loan guy know so he will be there too. This particular inspector assigned to us is a "nervous type" per DH, really not the kind of guy we want in the middle of all this.

I've done my desk chores and I'm going outside to begin taking down shutters. I am just going to take them off the windows and stack them by the windows. We can carry them to their storage spot together. If I stay busy I might not be so worried about today's work above. Here's hoping.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Good afternoon.

Chilly day here in Austin, TX. Definitely a hot soup for lunch day.

Morning routines accomplished. Final Friday is well named and I just called and canceled my on line subscription to to my local paper; started it for the legislative session but that's over and this has been on my TO DO list for a month at least. Made one other call.

And now, soup, hot soup.

Return to “Post When You Can”