Still Here Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
cats

Re: Still Here Saturday

Postby cats » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:16 pm

hi Harriet been around just haven't posted even though I do read this site all the time.
progress around here is very very slow . Finding the motivation to get up and move is just not there, though this last week is better hoping that continues, my sister is going to try and come over 2 days a week and help me work on my house so hopefully by the time summer rolls around our house will be almost back together.

Hi to everyone and wishing all a wonderful day

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Back from church smorgasbord. DS-A, ddil, dgs5, dggd, 5, dggd 3, dgs26, dgd22 and her boyfriend all joined us. It was chaos for a couple of hours. But now we're home and headed to bed. I was trying to go through the rest of dh's index cards for winterization but I'll have to finish them in the morning.

Had a trunk full of food/beverages to take to DS-A's on our way to church. Sent a whole bunch home DS-R this morning. Where did all that food come from. I'm determined to do better next year. As it is, I packed a lot of things to go with us that I know we'll use.

I've pretty well decided not to go to church tomorrow. I'll finish up packing & cleaning here. Monday will be a very busy day for us.

Off to get ready for bed. BB tomorrow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:08 pm

Home from dinner.

My walking friend was just coming from the garbage room. There were 4 dining chairs there, left behind and she had put a sign on them to hold them for me until I could see them. We moved them to my apartment immediately. So I've scored a nice bucket, a handful of cloth shopping bags and 4 dining chairs so far today. And a toaster oven yesterday (plus a glass pot lid for dh.)

I've got out a few refugee emails tonight. We don't have to go anywhere tomorrow and may stay home all day due to the heavy rain warning. I will take that opportunity to try and get my act together we regards to the move.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:34 pm

Still here.
That's about all I can say for myself.
I pretty much slept all day long... went and got dgs... we went out for hamburgers and ice cream... rode around awhile... back home now.

I told dh, I am ready to get away... just the two of us... far away from sickness and responsibilities and everything.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:44 pm

Did a store run.
H took me out for lunch.
We cut up some branches.
Grilled for dinner.
P m rountine is mostly done.
2 boys came after dinner.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:36 pm

The last things have been moved over to my new Bullet Journal. I'm excited to start a new one. This one has a flashy red cover instead of conservative black. I think I will change my pen pocket and make it a slip on with elastic instead of attached with velcro. It gets in the way when I'm writing on pages near the beginning. And if that doesn't happen, so be it.

The time got away from me and it is insanely late. I'm off to bed now. I started off 90 minutes ago and then realized I should finish the bullet journal.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:44 pm

Hello, villagers ~
Checking in after a few hectic days.

Sewing retreat was less work for me than it has been in the past because someone else was supposed to be in charge. I got all of my pattern pieces cut out and I had some long blocks of time when I could sit at my machine and sew. That was a treat.

My goal now is to finish the 2 projects that will ultimately be donated to the animal shelter to be auctioned off at their big fund raising event in February. I want to finish those before the November 11th sewing group meeting so I can show them. Then I will deliver them asap to my contact for the animal shelter so they won't get lost in my house during the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year holiday rush.

I won't be staying up much longer tonight as I'm thoroughly tired.

Tomorrow I need to
* do laundry
* clean the kitchen
* finish bringing everything in from my car (arrived home so late that I only brought in things that would be damaged in the overnight freeze)
* finish state tax forms
* sew

Return to “Post When You Can”