Sit Up & Take Notice Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sit Up & Take Notice Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:31 pm

hi d nancy how cool to see the deer walking - great work on all your chores!

hi d dee yay on getting so much of the kitchen done
also great work to you dh as well.

sorry it is so cold d kathryn (and so windy - yep it sounds like they tried having a fire when they should not have)
hope your dd's family starts feeling better

found out dd older won't be by for carving o'the pumpkins - she will be by later to do hers.
I have the stove on for banana bread

d mom is excited about cooking tomorrows turkey (a good thing)
she is coming over in a bit.
Making caramel apples
cutting pumpkins.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Lunch is over 4yo said he was going to take a nap and off to bed he went. He did not sleep well their dad said. He rested for lime 20 min. Did not sleep but I was able to put my feet up a bit. The baby was asleep.

I rinsed h loaded the dishes.
Hens have been fed and are on free range time.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:25 pm

lucky hens to be a free roaming

banana bread in oven
dw is running again
paper on table and all the carving stuff is out
i think I am doing an owl this year
dd younger has printed her complicated but cute idea
d mom isn't here yet.

dinner is still in crockpot

listening to halloween kids songs bc I do not like scary ;)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Dh and I got in earlier from the bat mitzvah weekend in ATL. After brunch this morning we went to a Container store, then headed home.

Lots of conflict right now at home. Dh and ds are pressuring dd to share an apartment with ds and she's not happy and she's angry and going off on ds and dh. I'm trying to stay out of it altogether.

We are finally getting cool weather!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Miserable day here. Cold, drafty, lots of rain.
As you might guess, our day is the same. Dh came in soaked to the gills. Trying to warm up, but is done for the day. We've had nigh on to 4" of rain and more coming. High winds are expected to start before long. Hate the thought of all he has to do tomorrow when they start blowing the lines. Then having to winterize our RV in standing water.

Have the other half of my baked potato with all sorts of toppings, left for dinner. We'll split it. (That's what I had at the "Taste of Texas" restaurant a couple of towns away on Friday night. It was huge!! So there's plenty for both of us. I made a minestrone soup the other day and we had that for lunch. Enough left for our lunch tomorrow. Not sure what we'll do for dinner tomorrow night. I have nothing left to make anything from. Probably go out, but then maybe not. Dh plans to go to the fire hall to take his shower and then stop in for the Monday night meeting for a few minutes. I could drive with him and we could go eat after. OR.....I could order pizza and have it delivered. Sounds like a plan.

I feel so accomplished. My body had to 'sit up and take notice'! I have finished all the cupboards/drawers/shelves/cabinets in the bedroom, bathroom and the kitchen. Even checked all the cabinets under our front counter/TV. Have just one to go. Then I'll cover all the silverware drawer tomorrow night. I could start doing some computer work, but I'll see how the evening goes.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:39 pm

It is definitely getting cooler here, too, Twins! Brrrr...
Got the heat on, started using the humidifier at night. DH, especially, complains about dry itchy skin once we start using the heat and the outside humidity finally drops. Probably much better for my skin too, to use it.

Just a normal Sunday here. I'm defrosting some hamburger patties for supper. Then we have to go to Wmart.
I don't know that I've really sat up and taken notice of anything, though, LOL. Just muddling through.

(((HUGS))) for Mr. Dee! I saw the rain on tv, watching the Jets/Falcons game. Those people looked cold and miserable too!
Talking about compression socks. DH tried some, and he just could not get them on! No way. And he had the largest size we could find at our drug store.

(((Twins))) I can imagine the tension is thick enough to cut with at knife at your house! Perhaps you will remember some urgent errand you mush run -- alone!

Mmmm... banana bread sounds nice, blessed. So does pot roast. Wish I could come to your house for supper!

Nancy, dgs fell asleep last night on the ride home from supper, came into the den, curled up on the couch (still in his jacket) and slept over two hours. And I really had to struggle with him to get him awake enough then, just to take a bath. Of course, after that, he was up at all hours of the night. Still, he woke up before us for church this morning, so I guess he got enough sleep.
Children always look so precious when they are sleeping...

So sorry dd & family are sick, Kathryn. What are their costumes? DGS says he is an astronaut and (he says) DGD hasn't decided. LOL.
Glad to hear things for the apartment are coming together. I hated to hear about your car, though!
I can imagine you ARE tired of that monitor. I know when dh had to wear that external defibrillator vest, it just about made him crazy.

Waving to all -- gotta go start my hamburgers!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:42 pm

You certainly sound accomplished, Dee!

Dang, my keyboard isn't working properly. I thought the lag problem would go away with the new mother board. At least I still have two screens to work from.

Dh and I went over to dd's and dropped off the wig between the doors and waved to dsil through the window. No idea what the costume is, Lucylee.

Then we stopped in at the new apartment building and cased the joint. Lots of on street parking and there are garbage bins right by a side door we can park in front of while loading and unloading. The apartment is on the corner, south main windows and west kitchen window overlooking the kitchen window of the building next door. It is only 11 steps up so I'm thrilled. The building looks very well kept up and people are friendly (that's how we got in - this is actually a problem but we have the same issue.)

There is no balcony which solves many of my issues. Since they are right next to the door, it is only 11 steps to the outside, so not as bad. If there was a balcony, security would be an issue. The view from their apartment is the parking lot and other buildings on the compound, and tons of trees.

The neighbourhood is quiet and seemed fine although the weather is foul today so few people were out. There is a grocery store less than a block away and it is one that does price matching.

We feel very happy for them, this will do fine.

After that we drove randomly around the area because 2 buildings we are considering as backup should we have to leave here are nearby. Then we drove across downtown and figured out where parking was for the theater. On the drive home we decided to eat at home and the timer is now going so I need to set the table.

It feels wonderful to have the monitor off me now. I'm starting to feel myself again.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:24 pm

I feel so accomplished.

Dee - YGG!! Well done!

Today was a typical Sunday here. Church, lunch out, quiet afternoon.

I did a little meal planning and prep this afternoon. The meat for meals is already cooked and in the freezer, so that was easy. I just needed to add some side dishes. I made pasta salad, potatoes, and a rice dish. All that will need to be done now is add vegetables.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:44 pm

well done d dee!!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi!

Dh did some winterizing outside yesterday. I have been trying to make it feel/appear more cozy in here. Adding blankets on to all the upholstered furniture. I put out some tea light holders and put tea lights in them. I have also been trying to determine which books get to go back into the library. I have had 6 different stacks on the steamer trunk for a long time now, and I finally decided that time was up. You either earn a place on a shelf or you go. Moved a bunch of cookbooks to a shelf much closer to the door into the kitchen and put as many fiction books away as I possibly could. Shifted one large book and made room for a few other books to take it's place.

Decided that I will tackle as much of this pantry and the paperwork between now and Thursday. I really want to invite a few knitting women over. A couple of the women have mentioned that they want to get back to going to each other's homes again, so I figured that I would try to be in the position to invite a few of them over. NOT all 12 or 13, but a few.

I have determined where a major hot spot is in each room, so I will also try to tame each one before Thursday. Yikes!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”