MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT! MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT! MONDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:09 am

Get the week off to a good start and like me: "Just gotta move it, move it, move it". For once I never got up all night until my bladder said "move it, move it, move it". Came out and went back to bed for all of 10 minutes. Can't believe I got all those hours of sleep. Really nice, especially today.

I'm leaving in about an hour for rehab. Want to go a little early as I have a 'conference' at the end of my session to close me out. Want to remind her to do a print out for me of the exercises I'm doing. Coming home with a stop for lunch to bring home at T Horton's. Last one for this year -none of those in FL. Also want to stop at dd's motorhome and put peppermint pads around. She really was 'invaded' by those little critters last winter. Have funeral for dfriend at 2, so it's going to be a very broken day.

DS-A & DDIL started dgs5 in hockey a couple of weeks ago. DS sent a video last night -what a difference a week makes. He's lovin' it! Dfriends in Ottawa taught him to skate a few times up there about 3 weeks ago. He's taking off like a bat outa .... now. Know it's doing DS's heart good to have him liking it so much.

Okay.....of I go to "move it, move it, move it"
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT! MONDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:26 am

We started threads at almost the same time so I deleted my opening.

Weather here is 'moving it'. Aside from the chandelier going back and forth, the blind in the kitchen is in motion as well. The window is shut and latched. Never a good sign.

There are crashing sounds all around, I'm checking my balcony but nothing is upturned. I'm wondering if a window has blown open upstairs and things are crashing around her kitchen.

< As I wrote that, the deck box lid flipped up and started waving in the wind so I had to go out onto the balcony to close it. We keep a carabiner on it to lock it in the winter so I was only out there for a few seconds, crouching down as I walked to try and keep as much of my body in the lee of the balcony railing. >

Dh called out that it is a good thing we left the towel in place in the office, water is coming in there.

I suspect it will be a long, leaky, winter since there's no way they will get these windows repaired/recaulked before winter. At least heat is included. I intend to pick up my search for another suitable place to live since I'm seriously worried about losing windows (there are places on the inside where 1" or more of the plaster surrounding the window is gone) and the apartment becoming uninhabitable. I need to do a major inventory of the contents in case we lose those as well.

My chest is really tight today so I think I'm coming down with the cold despite my precautions. I'm not blaming dgs this time, dh has something so I think I got it from him.

I need to s2s and eat breakfast and then head out into this to return the Holter monitor. Ideally dh will come with me so I can just run inside without having to pay for parking during the drop off.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:00 am

Monday
yoga
lunch
prep for cleaner
bed is changed. removed a blanket.
floors etc done.
another storm blew through this afternoon.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:30 am

The latest crashing sound was us. The glass top dining table was flipped completely over along with one chair. I went out and laid down the other two chairs. The legs are out position on one corner but it doesn't look like the glass broke. We'll see when we flip it back. Dh went out onto the other balcony and flipped the glass coffee table and lay down the rocking chairs (although they are open webbing so while they rock, they shouldn't be in danger of catching the wind and flipping.)

I'm s2s and have had breakfast. First load of laundry is started. There will be 3 today, assuming the electricity holds (we've been getting flickers but only 5K customers are out in the city right now so that's very few.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:52 am

I've had a good start to the day. I've been up and going 4 hours.

It was sooooo good to see DD & DGD6 smiling faces this morning. I still have to pinch myself in thankfulness & glee over how much DD and my relationship has healed. A miracle.

DGD6 pulled out a stack of papers this morning from her backpack. She said, "Momma said I needed to do these before I go to school". ARGH! The papers were 2 days of missed lessons from last week (she missed school). There was no way she could complete all of them before school started but DGD6 gave it her best effort.

DGD6 has her first cheerleading lesson after school today so will remain at school for 1.5 hours. I'll go watch her to give her a boost of confidence. She is very excited and apprehensive about cheerleading. She will have lessons after school every day this week. Then she will perform with the high school cheerleaders during the game on Friday. This is BIG stuff to a 6-year-old.

Today is Homeschool day #78. We are running later than I like getting started but I wanted to come here more than I wanted to start on time. :shock:

*POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:55 am

I am off 2 days then have an hr. Of kid duty Wed. Morning.
I need to have colorist attn. This week.
Lr desk need attn. And LZ in kit. As well as the table so this week I have a focus.I see sunrise just beginning outside here now.

I need to stop by the store just got just a few things Sat.

I finished knitting a round red white and green dish cloth it still needs seamed up.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:43 am

If I sing this song while I am working can I wear the feather cap from Madagascar and dance as well! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:49 am

I am happy you had a nice sleep last night d dee! hope your conference goes well

hi kathryn
wow stay safe in that weather
praying that you are not getting a cold

dlynnlee I hope you had a great yoga class
stay safe as well in your weather

hi d lady
so happy for you d lady!

hi d nancy
happy you have a couple days off

hello hello to all

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:53 am

today I am making a turkey - mom wanted me to get up at 4:30 and put it in - 20 lb. I woke at 4:00 ish and it was too much for me since I didn't sleep well - lots of nightmares. So I am officially exhausted. Thank Goodness that it is not Thanksgiving because i would be in big trouble.
I have made chickens before but I am a bit nervous about this one and disappointing my d mom. so silly! She did sound a little disappointed that I had not started it in the oven yet. ;) Boy that woman has 100 times more energy than I do.

off I go a cooking

lol the goal was that this was an opportunity to have dd younger learn how to make a turkey - she is still asleep

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:59 am

blessed you owe us a SHEM. Inspiring quotation by the end of the day, dear. 8-)

I haven't seen that particular video - fun.

Lynlee, you've been getting a lot done.

LadyM, what a nice comment about the smiles - lol at pages of homework by school bell time. BTDT (or actually, been there, not getting that done)

Dee, my dsecondmil is putting peppermint around, too.

Yipes, Kathryn, what a wind!

I am closer to the 'puter than usual today - my project is all around it. (organization - HRH wants to move a filing cabinet and there's a lot of doin's to go along with that)

Return to “Post When You Can”