MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT! MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT! MONDAY

Postby CathyS » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi!

It is an extremely blustery day here! I was still in bed this morning and I could hear it.

Went to the knitting group. Every possible seat was taken and chairs were dragged over to enclose the circle of easy chairs and couches/sofas/chesterfields.

I mentioned "meatless Monday" to dh last night and he rolled his eyes while he hesitated to say "Yeah! That sounds great!" So, even though he thinks we are having eggs, I will make Hamburger helper tonight. Either that or goulash. He mentioned goulash over the weekend and said we hadn't had it in quite a while.

Goulash it is. I also want to make a rice pudding...but first~a shower for me!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:55 pm

At the police accident reporting station. Dh is inside. I'm with the car because it is a paid lot and a 5 minute walk to the place where you line up to start the report. I'm sensing this is a revenue generator.

I'll pretend I just arrived if a cop shows up.

I have so much to do today but instead I'm out running around doing errands.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Hum....wondering what the chances of a cop showing up at the police station?

Homeschool lessons are going well. I keep a fairly fast schedule during the morning then switch to a relaxed method after lunch. In the mornings I do one-on-one teaching/student with DS9. In the afternoon, he has reading and papers to complete by himself. DS9 does more papers in one day than his classmates do in a week. But that is understandable because DS9 teacher (me) only has to grade one paper instead of a couple dozen papers for each lesson.

I have not closed the swim pool yet. ARGH!!! DOUBLE ARGH!!! Wonder how long I can ignore this MUCH needed task?

B: Hot mess
L: Spaghetti & meatballs
D: Soup & Green salad

RR - you're in my thoughts as you deal with this job challenge. I can not imagine dealing with so many special kids. It just boggles my mind how you are able to deal with so much at the same time. Are they all diagnosed ODD (oppositional defiant disorder)? That is another acronym that I was totally unaware of until DS9 was diagnosed with it. When they hung that acronym on him, I did not believe it was the correct diagnoses. I've since learned differently. ODD takes a challenging child to a whole new level.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi everyone. We are finally having some nice fall weather here. Blue sky, no clouds and no gusty winds like yesterday. Temp is still in the mid 60s, perfect! I see our our SHE friends in the Northeast are getting our previous weather.

I slept good last night. I woke up once and turned over and went right back to sleep again. Even still I slept in till 9am. I did what I could quickly do of morning routine then came to see dh at rehab. I usually get here about 11am and leave between 6 and 7 pm so I'm home before dark. I can go with dh to his PT sessions, it helps to be able to see how he's doing.

Dh eats all his meals in his room, but we'll usually take a walk around the hallways and sit outside on one of the patios for a while for some fresh air and we can also sit in the cafeteria and get something to drink.

Harriet, there is no way I could stay overnight with dh here at rehab like I could at the hospital. These are not private rooms! :shock:

Time to go now, dh is bored and wants to take his walk, (he sits and I push the chair). He's not allowed up without a nurse to help.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Home again.

A neighbour is cooking fish soup and my apartment stinks. Worse, I think I saw them going out.

We have 2 trees down on the property.

The sun is out now so I'm going for a walk. It is still chilly and very windy but I need some more sunshine (I got a fair bit while sitting with the car.)

No idea what we'll have for dinner. I really don't want to cook anything.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:52 pm

@#$%!!!! I missed the call from the vet. My phone was set to vibrate, not sure how or why that happened. I've had it in my jacket pocket all day and still missed it. I talked to the receptionist and she has a prescription for prednisolone for me to pick up after work. The problem can be due to cancers, auto-immune things, and ... something else. The vet will call again tomorrow, and I will check my blasted phone.

Did get a call from DD15's school. She had a meltdown in math class. She did not want to write down the teacher's example, saying she would get her dad to explain it. She often finds it easier to learn math from him or me, but it does help us to have the example to know what the trouble is! I told the social worker her mood may be affected by last night's news about the cat. I will give her the update tonight and that will help. Laia lived for three years on a quarter pred every day (or was it every 12 hours?). Tiki's kidneys may not last that long, but they are good for a little while longer. I probably should not have told DD anything until talking with the vet, but at the time, I was worried she might not be around by the time DD came back.

Back to generating test cases for the new database tables.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:58 pm

Gratitude in this house for finding some old documents that are such a relief to me. The birth certificates for several in the family. Not that they couldn't be replaced, but finding the old ones that had been misplaced loomed large in my mind and heart. HRH and dstepson did a bad job of a "stash and dash" once, in their inexperience (meaning I've got more experience with doing it right, which is not necessarily a compliment to me). Safe and sound now in my fireproof latching box with other important papers.

More to admit - I have a sinus headache with dry eyes coming on and I think it's dust. :oops: Organizing a box that wasn't properly lidded back when it was stored. So dust wasn't "corralled" in the way a plastic snap-lid type or banker's box type would have done. Always an unfortunate oversight. Also, some vacuuming into the deep corners of desk and filing cabinet drawers - maybe that was more inevitable, so I can forgive myself for that.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:33 pm

welllllll lol the turkey tasted awful! - I think because I tried to defrost in the sink in water and it spoiled. I thought it smelled bad during the day while it was cooking and dd younger thought so too but she thought it was because she wasn't feeling well. :shock: ;) :lol:
this is why I like vegetarian meals! :lol: It also gave off 4 cups of drippings which I assume is unusual - so dh just took it out to the garbage. He was so kind!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

it's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure
Bill Gates
lol I learned a lot of lessons today :D :D :D :lol: :lol:
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Just did a final read and touch up of the article and sent it on its way. I have also run the test script for the database tables and procedures. Now I have to examine the results and check the changelog. I am not sure if I will get to dance class in reasonable time. It is vitally important that I get Tiki's meds and that throws my entire schedule out of whack.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:05 pm

Yug. I saw on FB that a local school bus loaded with kids was just hit head on by a motorcycle. It gave the bus # involved. I text lifelong DFriend and asked what bus # her DH drove. She text back the number and asks why. She said he was 30 minutes late getting home and he always called if he is going to be late. I called VDFriend and told her the bus # involved in the accident. He wasn't driving the bus that was hit but we both agreed that he would be in the vicinity with an empty bus and they would need a way to transport the kids. He is a retired firefighter so would go into rescue mode. ANY accident involving kids shakes me up.

DGD6 was having a blast at her first cheerleading training. I came home because she was well supervised. I need to return to the school and pick her up.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”