Happy Halloween!!! Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Happy Halloween!!! Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:46 am

Dbrother just cancelled on me - his best friend had a heart attack last night and he is going to see him at the hospital today and I think that's all he can take. I did a Halloween goodie bag for him also and packed up chili to take to him also, but that will wait. We rescheduled for Thursday. I'll be away next week, and I'm trying to save Friday for getting ready to go type stuff.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:58 am

'Wasting' time with dh at a diner breakfast. Will skip lunch.

We have a Toyota Sienna for the next 2 weeks. Sigh.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:12 am

Good morning! I made dance class in time, even though I had an unexpected detour to the vet. No cats went to the vet, just a medication pickup. Tiki hates me. She has a liquid antibiotic 2x a day and a steroid pill at night. She is continuing the pill powder mixed in canned food (no problem there), but there is another medicine that I need to mix in the food as well! Based on my experience with Laia, she may be taking steroids forever. She may be scrawny and sickly, but she sure is slippery! I got all the errands done except cat litter, which is not critical yet. Meds, cat food, and grocery for Halloween treats WERE critical. Had a SCARE at the pet food store - no prescription d/d with duck! Fortunately, there were bags in the back. At the grocery, one of the usual cashiers who always recognizes me, couldn't take my check! This after months of doing so. Corporate policy has changed and they don't take checks on out of state banks, even though my printed address is local. Not his fault, but what an annoyance! I did make the drink parasol for the fake Blue Hawaiian at work (water + blue food coloring).

My frightening room is the master bedroom. I ran out of time to get it done for the Halloween party and it got some stash and dash as well. Must get done before Christmas as I may be hosting the animal org party at my house! Putting the cats in the sewing room (another frightening place) worked very well, except that Geezer Kitty decided she needed to be in the kitchen. To get there, she first stared down an 30 pound puppy until he hid behind his people. Then she stalked right through the crowd expecting them to part for her, and they did. It was impressive.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out (probably homework). The essentials are bills and budget and dance practice. I probably will not get the cat litter tonight. I must check home emails and the two voice mails that came during dance class. I didn't notice them until late. My dance costume passed muster, so there is no sewing needed. Must check home emails. For payroll - get those contract number and amounts taken care of in the database.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:19 am

Oh, wow, Twins', that's so troubling for him. Maybe today will be festive and interesting in other ways at your dmother's place and she will have some enjoyment today anyway.

We pooled everything treat-like around the house to decide whether we have enough for the potential tonight. (Remember, we have had no one except our own grandchildren for years.) But things may be different since ddil decorated for several nights with orange-light spiderwebs on her front porch, and if they have any acquaintances who come to their house, for instance, the same families might try other houses on our road, like ours. Well... ... if they know we are family to ds. not sure.

We have a few of the Lance cookie-cracker packs and some Lance peanut bars. One pack of gum! I told HRH to remember that people used to give the foil/paper packets of hot chocolate mix, and we do have a box of those that could be back-up. Both of us remember that happening and being well-received, years ago. That may make us dinosaurs, not sure! If worst comes to worst, I have children's toothbrushes unopened! Will that just assure us of a trick? :)

Oh, I guess at LadyM's house there is the opposite situation! Yipes! I may be glad I'm here!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:29 am

Waving to all. Have a great day.
Slept till 7 thirty.
Lr zone looks great yea. I need to do one surface today.
Trash is at the curb.
We used disposable pan for turkey cooking w a cookie sheet under it for convience. And paper plates.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:59 am

sorry I can't help but have a little fun on Halloween

HAPPY HOWL-O-WEEN!

When witches go riding
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers
'tis Halloween

unknown

you all are going to start throwing things at me 8-)

Q: What do ghosts eat for supper?
A: Spooketi
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:01 pm

brought the candy inside for dh to give out
dr. appointment done
going to go out to lunch with dh

another load is in the dw... dd brought down dishes :shock:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:07 pm

oh my goodness... lol d harriet - no you don't have to duck - lol - I have been bleaching everything this morning lol

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:24 pm

Blessed: I imagine the bleach smell is a welcome relief to whatever smell you had before!

I'm home.

The van barely fits into the parking spot. In fact it is sticking out about 5" is not good. And our next door neighbour was leaving as we arrived so we haven't had to try to fit it in with him there. Nerve wracking it will be!

I checked with the office and they don't need our temporary license plate number.

I've dealt with phone messages and emails. While I was at it, I made up the new exec list for the RA and sent it out. We have one new member, one member has changed email address and another moved within her building.

Now to get tidying!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:55 pm

I'll be glad when halloween is over. I don't mind the funny-scary things, but the evil-scary things I can't stand. Like the Sc ream movie, the truly evil stuff. It's fun for the little kids to dress up and do trick-or-treating, and make jack o lanterns, but the rest of it yuck. There's hardly anything to watch on TV that doesn't get really 'dark'. I think the church up the street or the day care had something Saturday night, the lot was full of cars. Probably a harvest festival.

Funniest thing I've seen was Sunday coming up the back way into a neighborhood I saw 2 little old ladies sitting outside in lawn chairs. Turned the corner where I could see them better and it was 2 full-sized skeletons!

Anyway, I do like the candy, though I do try to stay away from it.

Sigh...my day is just the pits dealing with business details. I'm waiting for a phone call or I'd just leave the house for the day. I've been to one jobsite and straightened out a mess there but this other mess is what I'm waiting on the call for. It's truly too much stress. Neither DH or I can deal with it any more or each other right now.

As soon as I get that call I'm outa here. To go somewhere. I've spent gobs of time in the office copying things etc. etc. And I just thought of more to do. Sigh.........

Return to “Post When You Can”