Make Wednesday whatever it is you Need!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Make Wednesday whatever it is you Need!

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:00 am

No theme - make it whatever it is you need to be efficient and productive!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Make Wednesday whatever it is you Need!

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:03 am

I need to get moving.

Just discovered that a meeting that I thought was this afternoon is at 10 a.m. - a little less than an hour. OTOH I can show up late. I really should resign - this is the local Jewish archives committee and it's really not my strength or passion. I'll definitely be late.

-wash up, get dressed, brush teeth
-walk the ddog
-breakfast and meds
-recycling out to the street
-out the door!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:32 am

Today is my dental surgery. I went right to sleep last night and slept through the night. Very grateful for a good nights sleep. I am always an excellent dental patient, the secret to that is I am praying the whole time. I am so claustrophobic and the only way I can get through the discomfort of the dentist and his assistant so close to me and literally confining me, is prayer.

Our weather is suppose to be nice at least through Sunday. 70's each day except 60's tomorrow. Yesterday we woke up to snow. Yes, snow. It was just enough to cover the ground. By early afternoon the sun came out, it melted but was breezy. Wasn't sure how many trick or treaters we would have but I gave out 16 bags of candy bars. Plus I gave the 4 grandkids each a bag of their favorite candy and then I made bags for them and dgd6's friend, of one of each kind that I gave out. The last 3 years before this, the weather has been beautiful and last year I bought and gave 30 bags if I remember right. This year, once I seen the extended forecast, I didn't buy as much. I also kept several bags of dhs favorites, this year.

Last week dh got it in his head that he needed a vehicle to pull his boat to the lake and to use to drive on country roads, as in to dd2s house. He doesn't like using his 46 year old GMC that his dad bought new, right before dd1 was born. We bought it from him in 1998. Or the new Jeep, we bought last year for either purpose. So he found a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee and bought it. Then of course, he had to buy a trailer hitch kit and new floor mats and a mat for the back. When dgd21 asked dd1 why he bought it, dd1s reply was that he is spoiled. So now he plans to build a pergola type carport to park it under in the back next to that garage. Before that he needs to take off the siding from the storage building and replace and paint it. He has the material bought for that project. Later today or tomorrow, he is calling the company to bring rock for the alley. First they will bring a sand and small gravel mixture to fill any holes and even it out, then they will bring another load of larger gravel. The alley is a mess with standing water after rain and he has been meaning to do it, but by buying this other vehicle it is a necessity.

Well I need to be at the oral surgeons office in 2 hours, so I need to eat breakfast and shower. In 30 minutes I need to take 4 antibiotic pills with a glass of water. Have I said how much I am looking forward to this being behind me? I thought so!!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:41 am

praying d lilac for you while you have your dental work and afterward - so you feel calm and peaceful during your work.

d twins happy non theme day - hope you get done whatever you need to do today.

I am starting late but just enjoying the moment.
Halloween was gentle and I finished all the I had wanted to do without striving for a 10+ moment for my family.
It was very sweet - not a whole bunch of trick or treaters but some very sweet moments of little ones and their families. So cute.
We also had a lovely dinner with d mom yesterday

wishing you all a wonderful day.

I am leaving in an hour to meet d friend for coffee or tea.
then my hope:
empty all halloween
I only have a few thanksgiving (I already have my fall stuff up)
I am hoping to also get weeklies done.

I am still on kitchen focus (but haven't touched any cards this week yet)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:52 am

I've been up and going for several hours. After getting MUST-DO's done then I allowed myself to take time to do some research on DBro's symptoms and possible things to try. I've got those collected in the Notebook I'm keeping for him.

DSis called and visited this morning. Her official reason for calling was to discuss tonight's meal. However, I think the real reason was that she is in a mild panic. DSis is officially unemployed as of today. The oil rig company she has been working for the past several years is moving to another state. To keep this job, DSis would have to follow the rig moves. DSis has some decisions to make about her future.

DGD6 arrive without a coat this morning (temps in the low 40's) so a stop at DD home to retrieve a coat was necessary when taking DGD6 to school. DGD6 has cheerleader practice after school today which adds an extra challenge in preparing the food for tonight.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 am

Lilac: this is probably too late for you but I suggest you close your eyes and visualize a warm white bubble around you with the only things crossing through that bubble being angels to help heal your mouth and make it so that you can take care of yourself with healthy foods.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:58 am

I will be praying for your d sis to make a decision that is right for her - praying that whatever is the right thing will show up for her. It's scary being out of work d lady.

it's official - I have been a slug for the last 2 hours. dd older took the left over candy - she is going to bring it to work and hopefully someone will make it disappear :D

I didn't do a weekly plan Sunday - so I am a little up in the air - I didn't plan my cards either which is not good for my sidetracked brain.
time for some action

good morning d kathryn!

time to go... *poof*

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:00 am

No Kathryn, not too late and a comforting visualization. Thank you, I will use it.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:14 am

I'm up.

Woke up at 8:40. I'm out of bed now and tea is almost finished. I'm researching Yorkshire Tea. I have one bag left. My local grocery store now carries it but when I picked up the box it said Orange Pekoe. No way I want to pay imported prices for Orange Pekoe tea but I also thought the tea I had tasted different.

I've tossed the box I had at home but kept part of the packaging and it doesn't say anything about Orange Pekoe. So off to the internet. Sure enough, I've been buying it from Walmart on the international foods aisle where I can also get Cadbury chocolate that isn't available here. Or from the Bagel Shop which also specializes in imported foods. That appears to be the real deal. My grocery store is carrying a North American version with the same name but it states Orange Pekoe because that's what North American's like. Except for me. I mean it is OK but I'll choose a good English or Irish Breakfast tea or Lady Grey or Yorkshire before having Orange Pekoe.

So next trip to the Bagel Shop will have to be tomorrow in order to stock up some more unless I get to Walmart in my travels today (don't think I'll have the van out at all.)

I have an afternoon meeting at a coffee shop, meeting up with a university student I met on Reddit to be surveyed for a linguistics project. The Ottawa Valley has a distinct accent although the city doesn't have it as much due to it being such a mixture of people (as a government town we have people from all over the country living here.) On the other hand, word use is also distinct so while city folk may not sound the same, they often use the same terms that may not be used elsewhere. We've often talked about different words for the same thing: think soda, soft drink, coke, pop, or. sofa, couch, divan, settee, for example. I think she's looking to check what words I use. I'm complicated in that I grew up in a household that spoke South Shore Nova Scotia, and we travel so much internationally, that I use British terminology, (like lift, take-away, tail back, bin, for elevator, take-out, traffic jam, garbage can) since most English-as-a-second-language people we meet (and Lynlee!) speak British English, not American English.

It should be an interesting chat with her. We have the same name as well.

Last night someone came into the lobby looking for Kate. My friend was confused, dh knew what was up and I went up and introduced myself. Afterwards, my friend asked why he called me Kate. I said that I use Kate online and if someone calls me that, it reminds me that they don't really know me IRL. My IRL acquaintances know how I insist on Kathryn!

Ok, I've put off doing anything this morning for long enough. Time to s2s and then get going for the day. My next big focus is the apartment (getting the key, checking it out, small item drop-off at the village church, cleaning party.) At the same time I'm organizing the Canada 150 event for Sunday afternoon (pick up more plates, arrange coffee and tea, practice the song-set.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:26 am

all halloween is down except for the pumpkins and the one outside decoration (goes in the garage) - I still need to bring the boxes upstairs to put halloween away.

I had to unfriend someone from my old high school (I had just friended them for the reunion as they asked me); I never unfriend anyone as fb is not real life anyway but this old classmate put a picture of a woman of a different race than herself that was overweight and big hair (she waited to take a picture while she was on her cruise). It led to other people making bullying comments/making fun of this woman - Its always amazing to me when people are against the bullying culture especially for the children or grandchildren but are just as cruel to a stranger in social media. I always want to think the best of others and I was so disappointed by her behaviour/and her friends. i don't get it. This woman is not small either yet she chose to make another woman a point of ridicule. It makes me sad when I see people think they can say what ever they want and as long as other people go along with it they feel they have done nothing wrong. For me, it seems our culture is accepting bad behaviour now more than a couple years ago.

Return to “Post When You Can”