Make Wednesday whatever it is you Need!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Make Wednesday whatever it is you Need!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Walked to the post office to get the parcel. They wanted an additional 25% in taxes and duties for the item before turning it over to me. I refused the parcel and have notified the seller that the parcel will be coming back to them and I want a full refund.

I've also filed a complaint with Amazon because I do not think I should be charged 25% extra without warning. Lots of times an item will show it is coming from another company and I either buy it with my eyes open or I don't and find a Canadian retailer.

In this case the retailer would have sold it to me for far less and free shipping on Amazon.com. But I didn't know the item was coming from the US.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Nah, just one day for football too. And that's why the day for volleyball now -- used to be just football and basketball, but that was unfair to girls -- Title IX and all that. So now, state tournaments get a day out for all (if they play during a school day.)
We told y'all it's different around here when sports are concerned. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Evening dishes are done now most of after dinner routine is done. H. Was off early bc he left early.

Are you all ready for time change this week end fall back.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 pm

I'm emailing back and forth with the seller. They wrote, "We did note in our listing that we are a USA seller and that duties or fees may be applied at the time of pickup and the duties or fees that may or may not be incurred will be independent of the sale. This was pretty clear in the past however now when I look at the profile that section seems to be very difficult to find and therefore troublesome to Canadian customers."

Hard to find? Yup. Not on the main page. In fact, not on any page but if I know where area code 323 is, then I know they are in the US. My invoice doesn't say US, my order email doesn't, nor did the original order page.

In other words, the only way to figure it out before they shipped was to read every tab on the seller's page and do some sleuthing. posting.php?mode=reply&f=17&t=5460#

And their claim about additional fees at time of pickup is bullocks. There's nothing on the invoice about that at all and the seller tab including taxes says there may be extra taxes that will be added on at time of purchase. So I don't know what policy they are quoting me because what I see on Amazon is completely different.

She did say I'll be getting a refund. Which will likely take weeks because it took weeks for the parcel to arrive here in the first place. Something she thought was reasonable. I don't. I know how long it takes for things to cross the border and how much the duties and taxes are and that is why I don't do cross-border mail order. We are totally different countries.

Anyway that has worn me down and wasted my evening.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:49 am

lucylee, no this dgd21 isn't babyK's mom. BabyK, his mama and daddy are a very happy family of 3. As much as we didn't want the other dgd21 with her guy, we all treated him nice, because we wanted her to get out when she had enough of his immaturity. Just hope this split is permanent.

After reading my instructions from the dentist dh insisted that I rest this afternoon and I agreed. So I napped and iced my jaw. So far I have just used the ibuprofen and it has taken care of any pain. I don't want to use the narcotic pills unless I am in extreme pain. My numbness was not gone until after 6:00.

Dh didn't get his gravel ordered today, so that is on his agenda for tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”