Thumbs Up Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Thumbs Up Thursday

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:31 pm

Thumbs up -- kitchen is clean.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:34 pm

I did want to say I think that is wonderful, LadyM, that you can see the sort of situations that increase ds9's tics and stress. You are doing so great at noticing and keeping up with how he does under different circumstances. That had to be valuable info for his counselor and the public school teachers -- and you!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm tired.

After public school, I took DS9 to 4H meeting. I had to absolutely make him go, but once he got there he enjoyed it. Not only did he enjoy this meeting and activities but he also signed up to put flags in a cemetery for Veterans Day and to participate in Robotics competition next week.

After 4H meeting, DS9 played basketball with his friends while I watched DGD6 cheerleading practice. DD arrived just as it was ending so DGD6 went home with her.

Then I took DS9 to the grade school Fall Festival. He played all the games (some of the several times). It was a fun time. DS9 bought some cotton candy for DGD6 so we took that to her on the way home. DS9 stayed to watch a movie with her. He will call when he is ready to come home.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:51 pm

Ds has announced his news. Dh had told me he had some but he finally had a chance to tell me on Tuesday so posted it today on FB.

He's off to Iceland on the 19th to visit with dfs. Dfs is on maneuvers aboard his ship, first northern Canada, then Greenland, then Ireland, and Norway was where he posted from last. The ship is in Iceland for about a week and dfs has got permission for ds to bunk on board during the stay. There are cheap flights at this time of year so ds is off for another adventure, this time with his "brother."

BTW: dfs keeps linking to shots of what the ship is up to during these Naval exercises on Facebook but I can't share a link directly to those. This one was posted today on Flickr. He didn't know about it until his wife posted it on her facebook page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rcn-mrc/37330750224/

Now you can see what my foster son looks like. (Enough like ds that people believe they really are brothers since they call each other that.)

As long as I'm posting links.... here's a link to the apartment photo album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6TxfWSsXw5n5rKno1

Return to “Post When You Can”