Thumbs Up Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thumbs Up Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:25 pm

are we playing thumbs up - 7 up yet? 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:26 pm

so far - pulled cards
pulled dirty dishes from house
did a garbage run through kitchen and first floor
meds for me and d younger dog given (she is still in pain at night)

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:37 pm

I slept great though the night. I woke up to a very swollen jaw but no pain. It is cloudy, very windy and cold outside, so I am staying home today.

Yesterday at the dentist I had to write a big check before the procedure. Our insurance will handle the tooth extraction. So before I left she told me I could take the check or they could keep it until the implants. I chose to take it. What if something happens to the dentist before I get implants? He is older and you just never know. That is too much money to lose with absolutely nothing to show for it. I wasn't surprised at all that he couldn't do the implants yesterday and if they had waited until he was done, no check would have been written. I shouldn't have been surprised, for many years, we have had to pay our co-pay at the drs. office before being seen. My dsisils always thought that was weird. Now where they live, they have to do the same. Changing times finally caught up with them.

Last Sat. db1s family had outside fall family pictures taken. One daughter-in-law paid for the sitting fee. Then each family can pick and pay for whatever pictures they want. They did pictures of the 7 grandkids together, db and dsisil with the grandkids and without, plus each of the 3 boys and their families. Oh, also one of all 15 of them. The ddil who paid for the sitting fee had been wanting them to do it for a Christmas gift. I think all 3 boys are planning to pay for all of db and dsisils pictures for their Christmas gift. I am sure the ddil who orchestrated this made sure to get it organized due to all the health issues dsisil has had this year. Dsisil had to get a new phone, so she got a smart phone. Her ddil set her up on facebook with a picture of db and dsisil and the 7 grandkids. It is a great picture and I can't wait to see the rest of them. Dsisil has resisted FB for years but gave in so she can finally see family pictures. She said she doesn't want to miss out on any more of babyK's pictures.

When we found out yesterday that dgd21 was moving home, I told dh that I had been wanting to do family pictures like db's family had done but with dgd21 living with her boyfriend, she would insist on him being in the picture. I hated to pay all that money and then maybe have them break up before we even got the photos back. So maybe now we can do that this spring. I have no problems with babyK's daddy being in the picture, he has been part of the family for over 6 years now. I know they had intended to get married after the baby got home but until very recently, every day was devoted to keep him surviving and nothing else mattered. They finally can breathe a sigh of relief that he is indeed thriving. I imagine they will wait until spring to get married now but that is up to them. Dgd21 at one time wanted to get married at dd2 and dsil's country home, outside. So with winter around the corner that is why they will wait.

Guess I better lay down and get an ice pack on my jaw for 20 minutes.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:44 pm

hi d twins I am so happy to hear about your back! I hope you have a wonderful time on your week away.

hi d harmony we have people moving the turtles here too! I moved a huge snapping turtle once - thank goodness I saw a program about snapping turtles before i moved it lol. Unfortunately no birds can have babies on this marsh because of the snapping turtles. For years we had swans having babies and then nothing because of the snapping turtles. there are also a lot of red eared sliders (turtles) and see them resting in summer on logs.

We had bobcats, turkeys, etc. where I lived in Wisconsin but I have not seen any of those here. We have lots of canadian geese, heron and now a small amount of cranes as well as lots of coyotes and deer.

sorry that the website for the permit keeps giving you an error message d harmony

hi d Elizabeth yay on your first star!

hi d lady... glad you found a new podcast - so happy your foot is feeling better! enjoy the fall fest!

hi d Kathryn praying the work stress disappears soon and you can begin to have joy in this work again. Yay on getting that bill paid!

d lilac glad you are not in pain! what a nice idea and gift the d in law did. hope your jaw continues to heal fast.

hi d harriet!! Hi d Cathy, HI d lucy, d everyone.

also to d helia as you go through your day

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:45 pm

working hard to be grateful and open to help dd.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:07 pm

another card done - dishes collected, dw emptied from yesterday and dishes filled from last night (and places), dishes are washing themselves

I am beginning to think dh is not using his brain for remembering things bc it's easier to ask me - grumble (just a little ;) ) he does learned helplessness when it comes to many things around the house - mmmmmm. He is a surface cleaner in his areas - no organization but if its hidden its clean lol . And he is a multiple holder of things. ;) 8-)

pull next card

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:59 pm

blessedw2 wrote:I am beginning to think dh is not using his brain for remembering things bc it's easier to ask me - grumble (just a little ;) ) he does learned helplessness when it comes to many things around the house

Same thing here, blessed. I don't know if he can't remember or he just doesn't try because it's easier for me to do it for him. Still after 10+ years in this house he does not know where we keep most things in the kitchen. :roll:

DH grew up in one of those homes that the men did the outside work and the females did the inside...and never the twain shall meet.

Email received from city office did not have the attachment he was supposed to send. I can't catch a break.

Kitchen's all cleaned up. I'm working on laundry next. At least I caught it before the clean stuff ran out!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Vegging here. Have to go get the keys to the apartment and first I have to memorize a route there. No gps in the van and the road I intended to take between here and there is now closed to a sink hole. Thankfully, I was wasting time on reddit and it came up as a post.

I have downloaded the bank statement and paid the bills. So I'll be able to do reconciliations when I get home.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:42 pm

LadyM, who pays for all that food you make for your church? So...4H...will you be raising a pig or a cow in your backyard?

The church buys the ingredients to prepare the main dish for the meals.
I expect we will be raising livestock again before long - but not in our backyard. :) Both of our older kids showed pigs & cows during their school years. When DS9 gets a little older then he can have responsibility for the care of livestock. He is doing a fantastic job taking care of his dog now.

I have been silently observing DS9 tics severity and frequency in different environments. DD was out of state for 5 days last week and DS9 tics almost disappeared during that time. Today when we pulled up to the school his tics immediately increased in frequency and some tics that I rarely see started happening. I am 99% sure DS9 isn't aware of how his tics increase in different environments. The tics are definitely affected by stress.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:50 pm

d harmony - dh does the same - he will even tell me that something is there but when he wants it he wants me to find it for him 8-) I love how wonderful your kitchen looks after your work d harmony!

so neat that he is taking such good care of his dog d lady!!! (((ds))) totally understand!

d kathryn I feel like vegging too!

I have been ignoring what I need to do
I have to wash the floor in the kitchen - I should do it by hand but don't have the energy - I did wash it by hand after vacuuming :D - I was making it into a bigger deal than I needed to ;) ; but it is done.

Next:
dishwasher is open air drying - emptied :D
I still need to clean the sink - I have a few dishes to hand wash - done :D
white laundry washing themselves in a bit of bleach and laundry detergent - rewashing without bleach :D
changed one set of sheets in bedroom :D

after sink: bring halloween boxes upstairs to put away the halloween decorations (right now they are on the coffee table and chair). :D done
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”