First Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

First Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:28 am

This is the 1st Friday of November 2017.

What other first can you experience today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: First Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:42 am

I'm letting MS Office update itself while checking here. Without MS Office I don't have access (on the laptop) to my schedule and doings for today. Relying on my memory is a recipe for disaster.

Thankfully it only took a couple minutes and it is done. Those couple minutes give me a small taste of how much I depend on the digital BuJo.

Looking at today's items in BuJo shows -
** 6 items ordered are due to arrive in mail
** Today is my favorite craft/dinner bazaar of the year. I l-o-v-e the precious elderly ladies who work all year long for this day. I always buy several Christmas gifts at this bazaar. Homemade Christmas gifts. Just not made in MY home. :)
** DGD6 has her 5 minutes of fame tonight at halftime of the basketball game. I'm looking forward to cheering for her.
** Subway is having a special today - Buy one sub and get one sub free.

Hum.....looks like we will be eating 2 meals out today. I will have to be very mindful in what I choose to eat.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:54 am

I gotta get ready to launch on a vacation tomorrow!

The dcleaning lady is coming and dd and I are getting pedicures at 10. Right now I need to do another load of delicates I can hang to dry, and I need to get the house straightened up for her.

I can't get the deadbolt on the door to the patio to unlock. It's been feeling wonky but won't turn at all right now. We have another door onto the patio that we don't use, so we can still take the dog out back, I guess. I don't think I can get a locksmith in today, and it might just need to be taken apart and lubricated anyway?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:18 am

counting down vacation mode for d twins! Hope the lock fixes itself today!

d lady good morning! Happy First Friday to you too! Have fun at the craft show/dinner. I am going to a craft fair tomorrow as well.

I am exhausted again - I woke at 6:30 to alarm but had child care nightmares again. I am always caring for a very sickly child(usually multiple babies or children) or not being able to find the children in my care or not having enough diapers etc. My other big nightmare is having to leave a hotel or a house and can not seem to catch up, as there is too much stuff to pack along/equal to that is having company and not be ready (things fall apart).

My cards are organized!
today: errands and grocery store
make dinner
focus on Friday cards
focus on fitness gently
dark laundry
find needlepoint
I have to get a small piece of red fabric. I bought a brown sweatshirt (brown is not my color) but I am surprising the family (entire) with a bit of a silly top. (I won't even let my dd's/dh see it on thanksgiving until we get to d sis in laws house)

I had to move bathroom cleaning day from last Tuesday to next Tuesday; but they definitely need cleaning (missing a week makes such a big deal) :arrow:
thank Goodness dd younger did her bathroom

I have to give myself a "you can do it" speech - ta ta - fantastic friday to all of you.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:56 am

DS9 is experimenting with the best design for marshmallow catapult. He is up to 14' in launching distance. Flying marshmallows are fine, but I highly suspect they aren't all being retrieved after launched. I will probably be finding mini marshmallows for days underneath the furniture. I applaud his learning but am about to move his experimenting from inside the house to outside.

DGD6 is playing a game on the Kindle.

Guess which one is easier to deal with? There is a reason that kids are spending too much time watching screens. It is much quieter and easier to clean up.

Kathryn - I hope your DS has a fantastic trip. I am surprised he is allowed to stay on a military ship. It sounds like a great experience.
1. Know what you want.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:07 am

Hi!

Dh called and now I have to drive to Welland to pick up a prize from a radio station. He nominated me for their "random acts of kindness" contest regarding the purses that I have been donating. (24 purses at last count) So now we have a gift certificate to a pizza place.

Good thing the bed is already made and the living room is tidied.

I really wanted to stay home today. I had candles burning and I was all cozy. I have recently discovered Hygge, which has numerous groups on FB and lots of cute little expensive books at Chapters/Indigo about how to make your home cozy. I even had a heating pad going...

I'm going to suggest to dh that we go there for supper tonight even though he has already made reservations to go out to a BBQ place tomorrow night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:50 am

Good morning everyone! I made a very nice list yesterday and did absolutely NADA on it. When I picked DD15 up, I read her the riot act on her new habit of goofing off before homework. Since she was napping when I got there, she must have had a break. I told her I was already low on data (partly my fault too), and I was not going to waste it on "internet junk". She wanted to go to the library for unlimited internet and that is why I didn't get much done. She tried to procrastinate by looking for books. I told her to get started and I would let her know 20 minutes before closing for a book hunt. She did geometry, which was causing her grief until I went through two problems with her and she got it.

I figured out why my foot was so problematic yesterday and fixed it. The bandage did not allow my sock to move and the seam was in a bad place. Easy, cheap fix! I am halfway done with the liquid antibiotic for Geezer Kitty. She hates me and does not want to be on my bed anymore. She needs to because it is heated.

My nightmares are similar to those of blessedw2, but I am caring for cats and dogs. What is a "thumbs up - 7"?

I have found a better way to handle the changelog entries for failed updates, inserts, and deletes. I will implement it today and save myself endless aggravation.

Harmony: Try clearing your cache then reloading the page with the 404 error.

CathyS wrote:I have recently discovered Hygge...

I really need new glasses. I just got new ones in August, but I read this as "I have recently discovered hygiene"! I have been getting a lot of misreads lately. Insurance won't cover anything until next August.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:56 am

LadyM: I don't think you have to worry about finding mini-marshmallows, you have both a dog and dgd6 for retrieval!

As for ds being on the ship, I'm guessing the ship is on full-leave while in port as they were in Norway when dfs and his buddies rented an apartment to celebrate his birthday and sleep in 'real' beds. Since the ship isn't in full-service at that time, rules are relaxed a bit (when dh and I toured it there were only about 20 people on board) and apparently having family stay on board is one of the perks at these times (recognizing that the ship might have to ship-out at any moment and your sleeping arrangements sail away!)

My First for the day/month is a proper sleep in. Slept 6 hours before bathroom break, fell asleep while asking myself if I was up for the day, woke up after an anger dream (really mad at dh around our singing schedule but MF was in it too, probably a remnant from when he dragged me to sing), and that was 10 hours after turning off my light!

I'm still in my robe and just about to start my breakfast.

Wrote an ode to my fur coat on reddit this morning. I hadn't realized how many stories and questions are wrapped in it. So if writing is to be a regular practice, I can knock that off my list for the day.

Elizabeth: LOL on your misread. I've been aware of Hygge as a concept spreading to England and North America for a while now. Of course, we experience it in Denmark and it is part of why Copenhagen is one of my favourite places in the world. BTW: it is pronounced either Huhgah or Huegah. Emphasis on the first syllable with a short 'ah' on the end, not a long aaahhhh.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:18 pm

Cathy - Congrat's on the kindness win!

LucyLee - I'm curious what kind of hat your DDIL wanted. The CC knit hats are very popular here.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Back from pedicures, dcleaning lady gone and dd has gone to grocery. She was asked, as a favor, if she would make a vegetarian entree tonight for the temple dinner. She has trouble saying no, and then the lady who asked has gone to FL to take care of her ailing mother, so she feels like she just needs to do it. Next time she needs to say no - it is not within her job at temple and it's confusing to others. And she's busy! I think she's doing a mac and cheese casserole with added butternut squash and spinach.

DD has the temple credit card to use for the food purchases - the temple secretary/administrator had told her she didn't need it back until Monday - then she texted dd earlier saying they needed it so temple secretary/admin's dh could get into Costco with it. :shock: (It's apparently a Costco credit card that gets him into Costco too, then he would use his personal card?) I told dd to tell them she couldn't get there until 4 p.m. and the office gal backed off, after talking to her dh, and decided that 4 p.m. would be ok. I'm trying to get dd so she isn't taking this kind of stuff from her. DD is an employee, and office gal is not dd's supervisor.

I started a LOL earlier that I need to hang up.

Dd got the deadbolt on the back door open. I put some WD-40 in it but it's still stiff so I put some tape over it. We'll address it after the trip, and use the lower lock for now.

Trying to figure out what to do first. Next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”