First Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: First Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:10 pm

I have to do a web discussion on MOnday afternoon for the Pro Gen group. Aunt P doesn't have wireless internet so I'll need to go to Starbucks or something. I think I'll need a headset - I tried to ask ds about it last night but I don't think I ever got an answer as to whether his would work and whether I could borrow them. May need to go to Best Buy to ask? Any advice?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:13 pm

<SIGH> The city animal shelter called our cat coordinator. One of the animal org "graduates" has been turned in there at the age of 13. CC is picking him up. We don't know why he was turned in yet, she is going to try to contact the adopters. We have no place to put him! We have the twins in boarding already. I was going to take a twin into my house once we got Briggs taken care of and now Tiki. If I take a 13 yo, it is likely he will be in my house until his death. While this is not a horrible fate for a cat, it seriously impacts my ability to take in other fosters! I'm the only foster taking new ones right now. My limit is 6 cats in the house and I have 5. Four is really the ideal number, but that won't happen any time soon. Unless of course, Tiki and Briggs cannot be saved.

In better news, I think I have isolated and fixed the problem in my stored procedure that caused the whole test to abort. It looks like the failures that should occur are, without affecting other entries. I have to make sure the system recovers from bad input and properly records good input.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:12 pm

I was up in the night could not sleep. Watching some one do a version of CEO's holiday planner on U tube. I have been sewing it rained in the nite sun is out now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Twins: if you have a headset for your phone, you may be able to just buy an adapter to use it with your laptop, or it might even be the same size connector (they changed the size of connector on phones about 7 years ago.) I still have several 'hands-free' headsets floating around from a decade ago. You might too.

I'm s2s now. I don't think I've accomplished anything else, although it occurs to me the laundry is almost done, I just need to hang it up.

I think I'll go shopping since I'm not being productive here. I need to pick up an IKEA mattress today. Still not convinced it is going to work. .

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:58 pm

Kathryn, I'm headset clueless. I don't have one for my phone. I went on to Best Buy and bought one. I hope I can make everything work on Monday.

I need to hang up delicates that are in the washer, and will water plants. Dfriend M left her plants here - she has been away since Oct 25 so I have her plants to water also. She will be home tomorrow after we're gone, but will get plants and her keys from dd.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:14 pm

I appear to be barely functioning today.

There's a mess in the living room as I look over what stuff I have for the refugees (both families). I did return the toaster oven to the giveaway shelf (we don't need it) and picked up an empty box and put that in the car for tomorrow. When I go down to the car in few minutes, I'll take down a load from here for tomorrow.

The rush hour traffic is too bad for my planned errands today (they weren't well conceived.) I'm off to get some dinner now. Dh is on the train, coming home, now.

Welcomed a new couple to the building while I was in the garbage room (that's also the moving entrance.) I'll drop off a welcome letter to them on my way downstairs to the car.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Finished the testing and all procedures and tables now function properly. I have 5 minutes until time to leave and I don't see myself doing much useful work during that period. I have 13 items on my to do list for tonight. Only one is really a weekend item. That doesn't include dance practice or getting all cat clinic items set up. The latter is a normal Friday item. I have no idea what I will eat tonight. I'm tempted to go out, but (1) too much to do and (2) no $$$.

Tiki is probably hunched up in DD15's room instead of lying on a nice warm electric blanket.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:19 pm

I was gone all day - I have my veggies from grocery store in 3 season room - it's cold back there so it will be fine until tomorrow.
rest of groceries put away.
I was gone from early this morning until just a bit ago. I have one more errand - tar get (I dislike shopping at tar get) but will push it to Next week instead
it was definitely out of my budget grocery shopping day

I will pull my needlepoint

dishwasher is washing the dishes. I should do other dailies as I will be gone early in the morning.

hi d elizabeth
hi d kathryn sorry traffic was bad to get errands done today but you did wonderfully on your laundry!!!
hi d twins I am getting thrilled for you (for your trip) - so happy that the cleaning lady came and that you were able to get a pedicure!
hi d nancy hope you sleep well tonight. Do you have link for that video on youtube
hi d lady!
hi d lucy!
hi d harriet!
hi d harmony!
hi d cathy!
hi d everyone

hi d helia
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:23 pm

it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:30 pm

I have the place cozy dinner is in the oven. I cleaned s butternut squash and have turkey sausage baking now.

Return to “Post When You Can”