First Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: First Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:10 pm

Had dinner at McD's so I could price their coffee. It will be $45 plus taxes for 30 cups. That's less than the $60 at our local coffee place. On the other hand, perhaps it is cheaper at Tim Horton's so I'll need to phone there. I hate making phone calls.

Picked up dh. Had time to do my meditation while waiting in the car. Not sure that was the best place but it kept my streak (3 days, now 4!) going.

We had frozen custard on the way home. The highway was blocked by an accident just past the exit we needed so it was a long drive. Our downtown has 4 exits if you are going eastbound and only 2 if going westbound so by the time I remembered I was thinking of getting off early, it was too late, I was in the no-mans-land of no exits and stuck in the tailback.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:32 pm

LadyM, ddil chose a dressier, felt hat. Black. I don't really know what style to call it. I'll try to post a link later.

First Friday has me wiped out. I MUST walk away the pounds before bed, bc I've skipped the first two days of Nov. :( Trying NOT to skip more than 2 days in a row!
Dgd has been here all day, dgs from around 3-6.
I'm beat.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:34 pm

Good heavens. I need to do one more set of feedback for PRo Gen but this gal used a document that is 13 pages and her transcription/abstract is 18 pages. Maybe I should print it and do on the plane tomorrow, and post the feedback from my iPad? I think I will select several pages and review those in detail and not tackle the entire thing. Whew.

I am cooking dinner but not calling it Shabbat dinner. DD is at temple and doesn't think we should have family Shabbat dinner without her. :roll:

This was from hours ago. We're getting packed now....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Rather odd day here. DH woke me really early to tell me about a phone call he made :roll: and I went back to sleep and just fell into a deep pit and woke almost 4 hours later. I guess I needed the sleep.

I took my property taxes over to county office and paid them. The waiting room was absolutely teeming with people but they were diverting people with property payments to another office 2 floors up. Thank goodness, it went pretty quickly up there. My taxes went up $50+ this year, not much considering the fence we put up. They told me most of it was increase for the fire depts.

Decided not to come home and be stressed out all day. I went to a favorite store in the mall and spent some time walking around in there. I like to look at things but I rarely buy anything. The clothes were beautiful today, but the prices weren't. By the time I came home I was ready to put my feet up.

So, really nothing done today, but I enjoyed it for a change.

The 404 message I was getting yesterday is gone now. Guy in city office said they were working on the site.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Thinking of the DeeClutters traveling.

Enjoyed the apartment tour very much.

Couple of sets of company today kept me slightly behind all day.

Cathy, keep a record of the win somehow so as not to forget.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Interesting. Our insurance co sends a monthly magazine and the first article is about "The Cozy Craze -- hygge -- as one reasons Denmark is consistently near the top in lists of happiest nations in the world.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:48 pm

Friday
waited for incoming call arranged Thursday. It didn't happen.
load of washing.
walk3k
finish library book.
bed before 12. light out at 12 even.

Saturday
woke at 5.30. in a dream of flooding in my street, which combined this and another street I used to live on.
I've needed a nap since then.
online mtg
library book - quick 10min. They are due back on a voting day.
Silly govt has now standardised voting day to almost summer storm season. One week short of things starting to break up for the year. It can be as hot as, busy as, and bad tempers can abound. They forgot the reason elections are not normally called at that time. Anyone want to stand in the sun with how to vote cards? Hope there is no sundrenched queue.
Who to vote for now our local independent is resigning? He was liked well enough on all sides. Ended up as Speaker in a so close to hung parliament. Well I guess he decided which side was 'more stable', but slightly lost his vote in the process.

flowering plants/trees going off this year. My azalea is doing its thing growing up through other things and is a brilliant pinkred display. More red than pink. The earlier dry has said get your genes out there, I think.
Jacaranda is going off too. Did I say the silky oak keeled over by Debbie (cyclone) still wants to grow. What was highest branches are shooting - though a wood pile. I'm trying to sabotage their efforts but that wood pole with 2.5 - 3' logs is also a great snake housing, plus the weight of the logs, and need to take things in order.. discourages me. I've tried sneaking away the thinner things, but some are trapped.

I think I'll try a library book. I managed to find a couple of books in 2 series in the YF section. I go for a mix of things. Some get read all the way. Some I think 'pass' after a bit. Missed a bio in this weeks rush to choose.

I see I need a search on hygge
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:23 am

Thumbs down -- ate too much
Thumbs up -- exercised
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”