Wednesday's Wonders

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wednesday's Wonders

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:59 am

I keep thinking it is Thursday so my first wonder of the day is an extra day this week!

What wonders have/will you discover today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday's Wonders

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:10 am

Was up way too late last night. Have a cough and sore throat this morning. This is not good. It will be in the high teens on Friday when we are moving. Currently it is below freezing but will warm up before I'm going out.

The apartment, of course, is as hot as ever!

Got a phone call from CM last night. She was connected with a woman who is shutting down her parents' home and offering us the pickings after the estate sale. Timing is end of the month. We are out of dry, mouse-free, storage space so I had to say we should pass. This morning with tea and daylight, I sent her a list of 22 items we should see if she has, sorted into store-in-barn vs find a home for. I'd hope most people with a house could find room to store a vacuum or a pressure cooker for 3 months. I have an apartment and have stored a dining room table, large overstuffed love seat, set of plastic drawers, fan, and two bins of small items for 4 months and have had 4 dining chairs added to the pile for the last few weeks. Inside my living/dining room.

So really, others have to step up. Move a couch out from a wall and start storing stuff behind it, folks.

It is hard to switch from focus to focus - for instance, moving the donations we have stored into W & R's apartment and setting that up, vs, what will we need for the next family and where can I store it? Plus I have two projects for the Recreation Association and a sermon and service to write for Sunday. Oh and an 80th birthday to celebrate and my own housework and paperwork to work on. In the distant future, I know I have 6 singing engagements in December, and 4 plays/concerts to attend (one of which is an hour's drive from here.)

I forgot to say I have two more medical tests plus a doctor's appointment in the next 2 weeks as well, and babysitting dgs so dd can attend her first fertility consultation at the infertility clinic (it is poor form to bring children to these.)

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:09 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread, Kathryn.

Today I get to be at home most of the day, although I must go to the post office to pick up a package.

All of my reusable shopping bags are in bad shape and need to be replaced. They were all purchased ones that could only be spot-cleaned, not totally washed. I'm going to sew some from cotton prints that can be thrown in the washing machine and dryer often. I found a few different new-to-me pattern styles for free online, which will be fun to test the different shapes and sizes. This will also be a good way to use up some misc. cotton fabrics bought at 25cents per yard that I think are pretty prints but not really colors that I like to wear. Win-win-win! :)

Today's Stuff:
* gather trash to go to the curb tonight
* more decluttering in the kitchen -- I'm on a roll! :)
* another set of sewing group financial reports is due tomorrow morning
* change to flannel sheets
* pick up package from post office
* cuop here and favorite blogs
* sewing projects to finish: cat bed and cat tent for charity; test pattern #1 for a washable shopping tote

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:31 am

Happy Wednesday d Kathryn and d Book et all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:37 am

Have plenty of those bags, Booksaver. I do use a lot of them for packing. I had bought some fabric ones which were quite large from A ldi's. Went back for some this year and they're no longer selling those. They had new bags made from a composite of water bottles. They're okay but I preferred the tan ones they used to have. I manage to pack a lot of things in those. Hoping to even have way less to pack next year. Dh just told me yesterday he wants us to go to Pigeon Forge on our way south next year. He wants to go to a several day gospel concert there. Not surprised. So we'll see.

I was sleeping when dh came home from the Solar Bears game last night. He took my K indle and took off my glasses. I only barely was aware. Then I started getting up around 2 or so. Have a spot on my left foot that bothers me, but not all the time. Evening it really begins to hurt and I take off my shoes. Sometimes I wonder if I have something broken or pulled.

Just finished breakfast. Was going to start steak soup for dinner, but I'm not sure. Need to get a LOL going. Haven't done laundry since the Thursday before we left up north. Consequently I have a lot. Will get just one load done today.

Going to another Solar Bears game with dd and have to leave here by 7:45 tomorrow morning. It's 'students day' and dd had arranged for the day off several weeks ago. Dh said they played horribly last night. Outshot 42/23 last night. In their defense, there are only THREE returning players and none of those are goalies either. Think our Junior Amerks (when our boys played) played much better. Hopefully with time together they'll get better. I'm sure they need to as they were bought out by the Orlando Magic/Richard DeVoss and lots of things have changed.

Oh, brrrr, Kathryn. See it's 34 up home this morning. We always check to see what's happening back home.

Better get busy. Told dsisil that we would come over later this morning. I also would like to go to the YMCA to check out their facility so I can get back to exercising again. I feel the lack thereof. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:57 am

Happy Wednesday

Hmmmm, it is interesting how certain things can affect one's mood. Suddenly, I'm thinking Happy Wednesday as if today should be celebrated! Thanks for the inspiration.

If I'm celebrating today, I shan't miss another minute of it!

Off to s2s. I've had breakfast and gone through a half dozen emails. Have connected with a group that has 7 coming in but no arrival date. I thought since we had 2 homes of stuff offered to us but with no storage room left, they may be able to use it. Nope. I've asked to be added to their email list when their arrival time is known. Who knows? By then I could know of another 2 homes needing to be emptied and the people wanting to donate to refugees!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:10 am

Payroll 1 hr. This am same time thing as Harriet mentioned.
No pm school so kidN here.

Laundry is going, presoaked pj w paint in washer. Paint did not come out with shout li e drying it.

Office / is in need of attn. "Found" my desk! Kids are a now show this morning.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:18 am

“Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.”
― Franz Kafka

I need this quote today because I have been dealing with the reality of insurance and it was taking my childlike ability to see the beauty around me as well as my wonder, my curiosity and my search for constant learning.
So today I am going to bring back a little of my child like wonder I usually have. :D

today: anti procrastination day
I have some seasonal kitchen cards pulled
and put away planned

I do have to get poblano peppers, corn tortillas, cilantro and mexican mixed cheese for tonights dinner

Hi d nancy
hi d dee
timer not in had yet but going to get it! ;)

time to be an adult (lol with child like joy)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:38 am

Accomplished my #1 project for the day. (Sorting out a zippered tote bag of miscellaneous stuff and bag it accordingly & put it away). Now working on a second bag that was in the bathroom closet. Dh asked where that stuff all came from -it actually was 'dumped' in that bag from the vanity that was in our room and is now gone. But it was definitely a mish/mash of stuff including mostly jewelry, including my pearls! :shock: :roll: Off to finish that project and throw the LOL in the dryer.

11:00am: Finished #2 project for the day -that 2nd bag from our bathroom. Got that all sorted and put away. Now it's time for a break! :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:41 am

yay d dee

Return to “Post When You Can”