Thoughtful and thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Thoughtful and thankful Thursday

Postby Harmony » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:36 pm

I am thoughtful today, many things going through my mind, and I am definitely thankful. Appointment at county office went amazingly well.

Thinking about everybody, hoping your day goes well.

I am doing some paperwork and I have a trip to the bank next. I am going to do some shopping (mostly just looking around) on the way home.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:32 pm

quick hi
grocery store done and groceries put away
picked up christmas cards - they turned out beautiful
got cash to pay back dd older
gave the lawn care gentlemen a tip as we won't see them after thanksgiving -
dropped off payment for doctor
bank done

now for d mom
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:34 pm

hi d harmony!
hi d elizabeth!
hi d harriet!
hi d lady!

heading out again after emptying d mom's car
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:43 pm

We'll be heading out for College Town in a couple hours. I have done nothing much at all this morning, and still need to s2s. DH is trying to sleep a little so I have the excuse of trying to be quiet for him.

Your dsgd, Harriet... I'm just shaking my head. Bless her heart. ;)

(((Kathryn))) (((BIG HUGS))) I'm sure this will all work out in the end, and you will handle your part beautifully, as you always do... but * sheesh * I hate that you are having to deal with all this frustration b/c of the others who obviously aren't on the same page with the rest of you.

he definitely dislikes routines - except his own putzing routines :D

Blessed, perhaps our dh's are twins, separated at birth? Oh my goodness... my dh is sooo OCD, and has sooo many routines that are totally written in stone (in his head)... BUT... MY routines? Hmmm... he does not seem to recognize MY need for MY routines...
Men... :roll:

Speaking of which... I guess I SHOULD get some of that BGS and get out of this chair and get a few things taken care of before I head for the shower.

Continued thoughts and prayers for (((Nancy))) and family.
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi again! Major success (for which I am thankful this Thursday). The contract modifications to both the database and the report are finished and delivered. I did not promise they would be ready by Monday's meeting, but I am glad they are. My grand master changelist is down to 83 items from ~120. I have made a list of things I need to do after lunch, including organizing the modification notes and writing up how to move the mods from test to production. I need to document all the assumptions made to handle the future.

I found one of my phone numbers. I just realized I have a meeting in 15 minutes, so no good lunch for me. Peanut butter crackers to the rescue!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:55 pm

WTG, Elizabeth!

Thoughtful.
I'm thinking, HOW can I have such a remarkable day on Monday -- and then act like the laziest human being on the planet for the rest of the week???
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Thanks everyone I am doing better today have peace. I been purging note books from the last 2 yrs. Had a low in the nite slept in so my schedule is a bit off but just be the tweak I need for after the time change. Routines help, I have made excellent progress. Saved out a few notes ideas and thoughts for other spots sorted them and some will be entered later. Walk ddog that was good.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Nancy, I remember how important routines were to me after Mom died. I just kept going on automatic. It was a blessing. It is hard to explain to young people how silly routines like making the bed, or washing up dishes or changing towels because it is Tuesday, can be a life-line when life is unsettled.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:38 pm

The day is progressing well. At lunch at school today the 4H sponsor stopped me and asked if I had received her text message. I hadn't. DS9 was one of the 7 students selected to attend the Robotics competition tonight. So.....that means adding another 2-hour event to the schedule today (6-8pm).

The chiropractor doc was VERY good at explaining to DS9 everything in terms he could understand. She did a great job putting him at ease. He was in tears before the appointment because he didn't want me to tell them about his Tourette tics. He is embarrassed about his newest tic and doesn't want anyone to know about it. I assured DS9 that the doctor is not allowed to talk to anyone else about his tics (she can't tell his friends). He was okay with me telling the doc then. I have all of DS9 medical events relating to ADHD & Tourettes documented and printed in a 1.5 typed printout that I gave to the doctor so we didn't have to verbally tell the doc. The doc seems surprised with how violent DS9 head jerking tic is and asked if that bothers him. He told her it used to but he has become used to it. But the back of his neck is so tender that no one can touch it. The doctor took x-rays of his neck and back before starting to any adjustments. She seemed reluctant to touch it and did very gentle vibration in that area. The doctor also spoke to DS9 about what they would be discussing in the future = making changes to his food selection. They didn't discuss any details but she just let him know that they would be discussing it soon. All-in-all taking DS9 to the chiropractor was a good experience. We both go back on Monday to follow up.

DS9 wants to earn money so I told him that I would pay $1.00 for each wheelbarrow load of leaves he raked. He then hired DGD6 to help him. LOL She didn't last very long (3 loads) and then returned to coloring & cutting in her art project. However, DS9 is intent on becoming wealthy with this deal and continues to work.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:03 pm

We're home.

Dh's dental surgeon appointment was just minutes. Then we bought flowering indoor plants for senior friend. That took twice as long!

Then it was out to the church to drop off two boxes of items that won't be used until my next family arrives and pick up the tv for W&R. Then to senior friend's for a nice birthday visit. She was in a good mood and was getting lots of calls.

From there we had lunch out on our way back into the city. While there we got the phone message that our car was ready for pickup.

I got the bed risers and then we dropped off everything off at the apartment. The van was over half full with the seats down so that took a while but nothing was overly heavy. I loaded in all the linens so I can wash them tonight.

We gassed up the van (thankfully I sent dh out the night before to fill up while gas was 'cheap' on Wednesday night because today it was 48 cents a gallon more today.)

We picked up the Prius. I moved everything from the van to the car, then met dh at the rental company. We were home by 3:20. Our apartment door was unlocked. Ds is here doing laundry.

He and I were talking when he got an email from dfs. The Navy has cancelled the stop in Iceland so ds won't get to see his brother there. And ds's air tickets are non-refundable so he's lost $370. He was working on if he should go by himself anyway. Then dh got off his conference call. Now it appears they'll both be going to Iceland for an adventure together!

As for the refugee committee stuff. My minister sent an email requesting we get together and talk it over. They sent an email back refusing (and saying all kinds of things that my minister knows is false - he says they seem to living in an alternate reality.) He and I talked on the phone and I explained that money-wise we are all set nothing to worry about. Neither of us can decode the threats to figure out if they are walking away from doing the work of settlement or not. I guess I'll find out next week.

Her big threat is weird: "If the church is going to be in charge of the funds in the way you describe, you will need to take over spending them as well." Uhmmm, yeah. That's the idea. That was what was in the contract we have and that's what I've been expecting all along. That's why I keep asking you how much money you wanted to spend, that's why I insisted on having a copy of the lease. And that's why I kept asking form meetings to plan how spending would be done.

The minister kept asking if this was OK to have me do the spending and I had to keep reassuring him that as far as I'm concerned there is not change. I always expected to do the payouts. It isn't a big deal - there will be about 10 receipts from the others (I have no idea because they won't tell me what is coming) and then I will have a payout to myself for the stuff I bought. After that is all done, I'll transfer the remaining setup money to W's bank account to spend on clothing and food. And then, on the 15th of each month I'll transfer the spending money and I'll write 10 post-dated cheques to the landlord for the rent. Then I'm done. Not sure why they think this is a threat.

Return to “Post When You Can”