Fearless Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Fearless Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:19 am

What would you do if you had no fear?

What decisions would you make if you expected success instead of a failure?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Fearless Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:24 am

I'm going to think about my questions. I don't know the answer! :)

I loooove Friday's. We have no appointments or events happening today. Hopefully I will be able to catch up on several things. My daily housekeeping habits have slipped this week and the house shows the results. And then......there is that elephant hanging over my head that is getting bigger and bigger.....the swim pool has STILL not been winterized.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:45 am

I don't know what I would do if I was fearless. It is hard to think if some of the things I'm not interested in doing are because I am actually afraid. I suppose it would be to volunteer at Tembo with dh.

All items are loaded from my place and we are on our way to the next pick up point. Exactly on time. It is bitterly cold in the wind, around 0. But sunny and no snow or ice.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:00 am

Hi!

I conquered a major fear in January of 1997. I took my first flight in an airplane. Since then I've been on numerous planes going to numerous places. The big KLM double decker (?) going from Amsterdam to Toronto and a seaplane going on a short 15 minute flight from the base of a hunt camp to our cabin on an island in September of 2016. I have been on flights that I slept most of the way and other flights with turbulence with a passenger screaming that we were going to crash. (We were in some clouds above Cuba and it's possible that the guy was drunk.)

Today I am cleaning because we are having company twice tomorrow. 2 different friends that dh is switching over their summer tires to their winters. Dh might do mine as well.

We had really strong winds here last night and we awoke to a trace of snow. So happy that I don't have to drive anywhere today.

Supper tonight is pizza at the same place we went last Friday. Today I won't eat anything after lunch.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:08 am

great question - answer - everything (oh my gosh that would be wonderful) except - definitely would not do: jumping out of a plane, swimming with great whites and any dangerous creature and eating disgusting things. :lol:

I wish I didn't have reservations to things and also enough money (mostly connected lol) to support the adventures I want to do and try. :D 8-)

I would have continued my trek in environmental education and activities and when older (if organized) start my own catering/bakery - food shop.
Travel the places I would love to see
be an athlete (hiking, camping, mountain climbing, skiing, sailing championships, etc - not fishing bc I always feel guilty catching them) - if i wasn't so lazy and disorganized with routines
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:10 am

good morning d lady - love the question!

hi d kathryn!

that is so awesome d cathy! good for you (not so great about the guy screaming lol)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:23 am

today getting together with d in laws - worried bc I am bringing dd younger and its the adults (dd is an adult but not one of the aunts or uncles and that isn't allowed usually - I am not saying anything and just bringing her because she misses the family and dh doesn't want to go. She will be my date.
I hope they won't be angry. I love them all dearly but I know there are set rules.

Today:
empty my car for dh's and my trip this weekend
put laundry away (dislike this job tremendously and I tend to make it longer than it should be)
leave this afternoon 3:30 pm
see if dh wants to get some money (we will split it) for this weekend
bills - pay on visa what was charged the other day
- 2 bills
pack

it's 8:46 am new time which means I am super super late starting because I see it at 9:46 am (old time)
geesh!!!

lol I just pulled my cards - I forgot I made today a "put away day" :lol: It fits with my dreaded put away laundry card.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:37 am

Well I have a lot of fear. If I did not my life would have been really different. I am making the best of everything.

Yesterday I came home stiff and sore. I do not like how sore my back gets when I walk on hard floors in stores. Wasn't feeling a-ok last evening or so far today.

So, I'm going to try a small conga and see how far I get. There's much to do today. Veterans day celebrated here, and the county offices are closed and so are the banks and post office I think. I did write some checks, but suppose they'll go out tomorrow.

LadyM, sure hope the chiropractor helps DS. I can't imagine, sounds like constant whip lash.
Blessed, have a good time with family tonight.
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:45 am

I am very tired today. DD and I were going to leave by 8:30 for Disney World -I still haven't gone once since I renewed the end of last year. Was very tired after the hockey game and then Ikea yesterday. Went to bed early and awoke about 10pm. Was awake for 3 hours and finally tested my blood sugar -down to 57. I should have known as dd and I only had salad for dinner. Slept till 5is when my phone dibged. Afraid it was dd so got up and looked. It was saying my Aunt S (my age) had sent a message on FB. I don't have FB message on my phone but dh does. But any rate I'm sure she's been hacked as she would rarely, if ever, send me a message and certainly not on FB and definitely at 5am!

My one big fear that comes immediately to mind is fear of getting on a tread mill. Not happening!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:24 pm

I am sorry your are so tired today d dee! Hope you feel rested as the day goes on.

thank you d harmony - I hope you have a wonderful day yourself!

Return to “Post When You Can”