Fearless Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Fearless Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:24 pm

spoiled myself with starbucks and ran by post office to mail the two bills.

kitchen dailies is finally done!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Blessed, was your post office open?

Done a cleanup in kitchen. Looks way better.

Was doing a pick-up put-away and came across a stack of papers. Used up a great deal of time getting those separated and put away. One big file all straightened out. I guess that's why I don't get a lot done in the house. I get stopped with papers etc. and then I'm knee deep in office chores.

Ok, back to it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:08 pm

I think it's tomorrow the POs in US are closed?

Had to battle back something sorta like fear last evening at the meeting, though not exactly. I have always believed that there is an emotion kin to fear that isn't quite the same thing. A response that is more about just not wanting to deal with the fallout, you know? I think a lot of negative behavior in the world continues, not because anybody has respect or awe for it, but because it's so distasteful nobody steps up to get involved. There's more a collective "eewwwwww" and avoidance, as if it were a cow pie. It doesn't scare us - we're just not going to step in it.

Anyway, I came prepared (dozen copies of extended spreadsheet and sheet of notes), was treated with respect, and thanked. A couple of the eye-contact thanks at the end, I believe, were code for "thank you for being civil in the meeting." Basically I was the first to say to all, out loud, the hard fact that we're not going to meet budget, and, in fact, we're not going to come close. And it's not the first time a church missed budget and won't be the last. I said the correct response is (same phrase ya'll won't be surprised to hear from me) "How 'bout that", and then we move on and do the best we can. I (gently) pointed out one of the biggest mistakes made last year by asking them to look at that line for this year and asking whether they felt I was recording it correctly. That opened up the discussion without saying something more accurate like, "and here's that bone-headed move from last year - ya'll do know what you did wrong, don't you?"

The group was large for us, and the only absence was the fellow I call "enforced", who doesn't believe women should serve in even the most utilitarian positions. I don't know if this was planned - maybe a hurried meeting if he hasn't yet returned from vacation (?) - or just a happen-so. I am capable of being congenial in his presence, but others may want to keep my input away from his input. We'll certainly be at odds on some things, and I wonder if one may be my presence - maybe it is his choice to attend meetings in which it is all men. Anyway, in a group blending different boards and focuses, as you can imagine it was very formal. Formality allows a lot of calm, even when you are saying tough things.

Kathryn, Tembo locally or for Nigeria or another thing I don't know about?

I agree that the answer to LadyM's question takes a lot of thinkin'!

I made a DPC this a.m. Starting to get next week's calendar to shape up.

Last evening a TaDa of getting another order made - various things but thinking of bdays, a gift this week for HRH, etc.

It did hit home to me on the day of that shower that I am not prepared for things like that. I need to have shower-type gifts at the ready just in case, maybe one for bridal, one for baby. Certainly having more variety of greeting cards for them. The one I used did say, " congratulations", at least, and there was a child in the art. Not too "off", but it was certainly the only one close!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:33 pm

After CUOP'ing I said to DH "Did you know some churches make a budget for the coming year? They plan what they are going to spend for 2018 before it happens?" DH rolled his eyes and said, "Like that would ever happen". I guess it is obvious that our church doesn't budget. It is financially well off with a deep cushion. It did have a couple months they suspend spending for extras when the bank balance dipped below a certain number (only happened once in the last 10 years). The financial decisions in our church are made by the elders so it is quick vote to spend or decline spending money. Last Sunday I brought 3 financial matters to the elders after church. They approved 2 and declined the 3rd. It took less than 5 minutes to get an answer. That reminds me....

I need to post to church FB group that the elders selected Nov 19th as our holiday meal at church. For several reasons, it has to happen on that day or not at all. That decision gives us a short prep time. DH ordered 10 turkeys and 10 hams. They will arrive next Wednesday (15th) so we need volunteers to cook them at home and bring them ready to serve. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:18 pm

I did qt & journaling and I have been puttering. Working on home blessing hr. The neighbor brought a crkck pit with roast & veg. in it. House smells yummy. I have not even thought about dinner. It has been rainy.

I wiil do next round of hen chores in a bit.
Changed out the veg. To ones I can eat. Cooking taters separate in ovsn after I cut them up.

Did laundry last evening while watching the game. They had a nice vetrans days pregame flag honoring milatary I was impressed all of the Seahawks stoid.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm

took dd younger to another sb run and brought old dogs as they seemed depressed (now that we can't walk them like before - their brain says yes but their body says no)
ate lunch
managed stuff in family room
vacuumed family room

I do have stuff to go down into the basement but first laundry

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:40 pm

hi d nancy - how nice of your d neighbour

hi d lady - our church has a budget bc the archdiocese require it. They are always trying to raise money to stay ahead

our post office is closed today for Veterans. I don't know about tomorrow. i just dropped off my bills at the outside bin.
There's more a collective "eewwwwww" and avoidance, as if it were a cow pie. It doesn't scare us - we're just not going to step in it.
that says it very well!

your kitchen looks spiffy d harmony

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:41 pm

hitting the I don't wanna's ;)

finished bringing the empty thanksgiving boxes downstairs

put hanging hooks on thanksgiving artwork frames and hung up the pictures (all art from dd's when they were young - I had framed them - and they make me happy to see dd's young art up on the walls hanging properly)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:41 pm

hoping d twins is having a lovely time.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Good afternoon.

Haven't been here for a while. Actually got busy late last week, over the weekend and first of this week with HOUSEWORK! A neighbor brought his 'more powerful than mine' carpet shampooer and cleaned my LR carpet for me on Wednesday. So yesterday my 'get up and go' never got up; I found it hiding under a furry throw with 2 sidekicks: 'more coffee' and 'read me next.' So I blame the cold snap.

I've done what had to be done today. 'Get up and go' slept in and is very sluggish and whiny and still consorting with those 2 sidekicks.

Return to “Post When You Can”