SATURDAY SITUATIONS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: SATURDAY SITUATIONS

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Meal prep is done. Now it is all about seeing what I forgot, messed up on and/or can improve upon.

In the morning I should only have to
** Put 4 dishes into oven
** Start bread machine.

After church, the meal should only require -
** Remove food from oven and add serving utensils
** Remove food from refrigerator and ditto utensils
** Remove bread from pan and slice
** Put condiments, drinks & napkins on countertop
** Open cabinet door where the plates are kept.
** Open silverware drawer

I will be interested in seeing how many things I forgot to consider. I find this type of activity enjoyable like solving a puzzle. I just wonder how many of the meal plan puzzle pieces will be missing. LOL My goal is by the time everyone gets their hands washed we should be ready to fill plates.

How many people will you be feeding, LadyM?

I don't know. I haven't invited anyone. :oops: :roll: I wanted to practice doing this type of meal prep without the stress of failure.
***Pause***
Okay, I sent invites to 6 people. If they all come that will be 9 people eating. That should be fairly easy......as long as the food isn't burnt, dried out, and utterly uneatable. But HEY! I have a backup plan......the local gas station sells pizza! >>>insert groan<<<<
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Neighbors just brought flowers and a card. The house needed picked up bc of the toddlers keeping things interisting.

2nd dump cake a bit over done on the outter edges and slightly doughy in the center but got done eventualky after I turned it off. Next one will be done in the oven. Still tastes great.

Roses and peach cake fragrance house is yummy smelling.

Kid 4 yo had every and toy out on the floor eeks so we picked em up and I now have several containers of em to put away into toy rotation next week.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Not enough sleep last night. No time to take a nap today. Unless I catch a 2nd wind, I'll be in bed before midnight which is early for me.

This morning I had to get up early to go to sewing group meeting. It was a breakfast social, meaning no educational program, and we all had a nice time chatting. Nice, but at the same time it was kind of a waste of a Saturday morning. (The group used to meet on the 1st Tuesday evening of the month, and I still think that was a better time for this type of group.)

After the meeting I stopped at the post office and found a package I wasn't expecting to arrive until Monday. Woot!
Dropped by the library to read the week's newspapers.
Then DH and I went out for lunch and went to the dollar store for some things he needed.

I've been catching up on blogs and vlogs this afternoon, resisting the urge to nap so hopefully I can sleep well tonight.

If the weather is decent tomorrow, I want to reorganize the shed to be able to fit more stuff inside before we get snow. If the weather is bad, I have plenty to do in the kitchen.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:09 pm

I've been in the recliner all evening, dozing on and off. Somehow I've done something to my back -absolutely no idea what or how! Keep having back spasms whenever I try to walk. Took more t ylenol about 3 hours ago. Hoping it's a whole lot better by morning.

DD made hot dogs for supper -at my request. Tasted so good to me for some reason.

Dh went to bed about an hour ago and now I'm joining him.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:16 pm

(Nancy)

RRose, so sorry you caught the virus. How much more teaching will you be doing?

Harriet, I had that exact Filter Queen vacuum. Those things last forever. Now I'm wondering what happened to mine. I have no idea. I know I brought it from my house to my 2nd house, but now that I think about it I think maybe DD borrowed and it ended up back at 1st house. I didn't get custody of anything from that home.

I had an upright hoover, was a wedding present from my co-workers, and it lasted 2 years or less. That's when I bought my Miele. So that thing has lasted 17-18 years so far. Kathryn, don't pull on the cord very hard and don't pull it all the way out, let a small piece still inside the vacuum. That's the only thing that broke so far on mine. DH took it apart, it's a big spring inside, and he tried to repair, no go; he tried to buy another part for it, not available. On retractable cords one should not pull them hard and quick or all the way. I'm careful with my iron and hand mixer with their retractable cords now that I know.

LadyM, I love the leaf blower thing. We do that in our shop and our garage as well as our porches. DH takes one to jobsites and when he's made a real mess with dust inside he blows it away. Homeowners are all like :shock: at him doing that but they're glad to have it all gone! I love your dust mop. I have a big wide cotton one, the old fashioned ones, and I use it sometimes.

Tonight I used it in my bedroom and 1 hallway. Got a lot of dustbunnies out.

I'm stiff and sore. Cleaning isn't for wimps!

(Dee) feel better.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:38 pm

Harmony: thanks for the tip on the cord. My last vacuum had a place to wrap the cord around, this doesn't so if I break it, that would be annoying.

We're home from the play. Arsenic and Old Lace is about 2 little old ladies with bodies buried in the basement. At one point we wondered if there was to be an extra body added to the script. During a scene change a someone started talking loudly and then suddenly say, "are you all right?" and then shouting for 911 to be called. The houselights came up and there was a delay. I didn't look but I heard people saying the person seemed to be walking out with assistance (but not looking the right colour.) At intermission we heard that an ambulance had come and as we left, dh asked and the usher said the person was alright as far as he knew. Just a 10 minute delay.

The play was a delight with lots of laugh out loud lines. The actors were wonderful, especially the aunts. The ended wasn't as I remembered from the movie (which is one of my favourites and I might watch it again if I can get it from netflix or the library.

The theatre seats are new and actually quite uncomfortable. Mine was a semi-recline so dh swapped with me. Both of ours were removable (we think for a wheelchair) so next time we'll be in the permanent seats. Others were complaining during intermission so we aren't the only ones challenged by the seats.

We were home 20 minutes after standing up, so that's lovely. We had taken the car and the parking lot is much smaller than the national arts centre so it takes less time for the cars to get out. Plus parking is only $4 instead of $12, making it much cheaper to take the car.

Return to “Post When You Can”