Monday, Monday, so good to me...

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Monday, Monday, so good to me...

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Lady M: you look like me!

Thanks to both you and Harriet for showing it is just me. The pictures last time and this both were on my phone. I wonder if that is part of the issue. I did resize them so made a copy.

Lucylee: my card file system is separate from the Bullet Journal. I use the BuJo for tracking the times I need to be elsewhere and the broad-strokes things I need to do. So sometimes my list will include "do your weekly kitchen chores" but most of the time it is everything but housework and I just fit that in when I need thinking time or time on the phone or time listening to a podcast.

Edited to add: definitely it is the fact the photo was taken from my phone. I've tried emailing it to myself and resizing or transferring it via google photos. I keep changing the image but I can't strip where the picture is from out of the image even if I resave it. I can upload photos from the same folder if they were taken with my camera but not with my phone.

Norma

Postby Norma » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:36 pm

Austin Granny - love to see you posting on here.
(((Kathryn))) Breathe deep and let those others go.
Nancy - love your babies.

On Saturday Mr. Guy and I bought a new car, so today was the running around you have to do when you step out and get something new. Especially "something" that size. Last week the termite inspector found a colony under our house so they will come the day before Thanksgiving and give them the treatment. I am not a happy camper. :cry: It seems this season down here involves a lot of "stuff" we have to do. Thursday a guy is coming to caulk the shower we had put in two years ago - by an idiot we will never call upon again ever! While he is here he will change the batteries in the smoke alarm as Mr. Guy can't climb on ladders anymore. Always something.

Have a great week everyone. :)
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Tuesday, Tuesday, whatamI gunnado
I'm fed, dressed, load of washing happening.

Norma reminds me - I need to see about my car. I think the $$$$ will perhaps be like that, so need to see. not much more than 120 000 on the clock, but I think the auto gears need a replace at that k. and its age probably is calling time. I guess it depends on what else needs doing.
Sorry about the termites. Determined for a feed.

Kathryn - I'm happy for W and the new chance at life. That's disappointing that the other team doesn't work with yours for the greatest good. I can't decide if its too many chiefs, or them being slow to share 'their stuff' and expecting you to do lots of last minute grunt work. Too much stuff to be sure. And the new comers aren't able to say - I like that whatever - at a yard / giveaway sale - and have room for it. I bet they will have ideas of what they can live without, if someone will help take it away.
Good to hear of family time.

Dee - you are sounding better.
Prayers for dsil and family. Tough times for sure.

LM - the chiro was a practitioner of choice for many ailments when my dks were young. I have no idea of how it for ds. For me - The method some used I found helpful, others annoyed, provoked continuing flareups.
Acupuncture may be helpful. I gave up on chiro /acupuncture after mine decided a mechanical massage doobie was essential, and I decided it was a big problem for me. Since then yoga had been the way I keep less pain in my spine. My yoga theory taught there is a wide variation of 'normal' for spinal curves.
I've read of families who have had relief from 'silly noises' and ODD with dietary adjustment. Not saying the ODD went away for all, just that it helped. and the ADHD stuff.
Good luck as you make some choices. Great you are getting info from a variety of sources.

Elizabeth - hugs on the departure of Tiki to her next stage. I guess the vets there are happy to see all the animals well and moving freely. They would delight in that I think.

Its green bin day here. so loading that up is a thing to do.
also so more in the house.
Making an appointment for my car? Its so needed.
waiting for washing to be ready for the line.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:03 pm

We just had our 3rd group of drop-in visitors today. I truly appreciate having a house that is in company ready state 99% of the time, because there have been MANY times in my life that wasn't true. For many years of my life, I needed to do a stash-n-dash before feeling comfortable having company enter our home.

B: Bagel, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, Canadian bacon, orange juice
L: Ravioli, green salad, vegetable soup
D: Chicken salad sandwiches
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Thanks Lynlee.

It is amazing how much this has spoiled the whole experience.

We've all been waiting for 20 months for W&R to arrive. That was what we were supposed to be working for.

I just can't understand how the bully could think what she was doing was helpful. Being helpful is accepting it when someone says, "No I don't need this help from you but I do need this and perhaps you can help with that." And to do this on Saturday and not email me to tell me until 9:30 on Sunday night is obviously trying to hide it until I can't change things.

I have been terribly hurt by this. I no long trust anyone from the group. I no longer have the interest in working on the next family settlement. I'll do the bit I have to do (financial which has been another complete fight) and I will catalog what we have for now but I will not play any further role and I will recommend that the church step back entirely.

I fight my ADD so hard and I worked so very hard at pulling everything together. The move ran like clockwork. We were finished on the 11th, just had to make the bed and sweep the floors on the 14th and I was done.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Dinner is over. All but one set of leftovers are eaten up and those are for me tomorrow.

I'm going to go make up the bed with clean sheets now. That, along with my shower, was left undone in my rush to get out of here this morning.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 pm

(((Kathryn))) this is too important to leave a sour taste in your mouth.
Stepping away from the next sounds like a plan.
Those who organised their last minute dump seem to have enough of their own troubles. Maybe there is adhd or something in that camp too, which isn't to say it should be for you to clean up after them.
However, with W&R, being able to meet them with joy can still be a thing. Even if the mess is still there, they will be grateful for a safe place to lay their heads. They will be glad to help if the excess has a route to leave.
Maybe deliver it back to the other team for their future projects.
I know its not what you had planned. You are right about the difficulty of spent money, where they will need winter provisions as essentials, not optional purchases. Life is too short to carry negative feelings of others actions.
I saw a youtube clip of a guy in a mostly empty apartment. He had room to do yoga, and floor gymnastics, as demonstrated. mattress on floor and folding chair. That was about it.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”