Monday, Monday, so good to me...

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Monday, Monday, so good to me...

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 am

Monday, Monday, it was all I hoped it would be....

What's up for your day?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Monday, Monday, so good to me...

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:33 am

We are home!

We had a great trip but I am so glad to be home again. We left on Sat Nov 6 a.m. and got back in last night. Glad to be home in my bed, where I have some quiet (and not so many people around!) and can eat what I please.

We spent Sat - Mon a.m. with a long time friend/client and her husband, then two days with dear Aunt Paula who is 89 years young and never stops talking. Wed we went to resort for dh's "higher education" trip. Lovely time, beautiful resort but I am so tired of food, drink and constant people.

Today is a quiet day at home, I need to unpack, do laundry and regroup.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 am

Hi!

Today involves reclaiming my home after the weekend. Clean Friend and her dh are coming over after supper tonight to get his snow tires put on. Dh has decided to do this for a few people and only take the bare minimum payment that they insist on paying. The friend that came on Saturday knows how much is charged at his shop and tried to give him that amount, which he refused. She finally crammed half that amount into his hands and refused to take any of it back. Dh has all the tools required here except a hoist. Dd and her male friend are both getting their snows put on this coming weekend and as far as I know, my snows are going on this week or this weekend at the latest.

So, reclaiming house... living room is picked up. Now I need to go make the bed. Clean Friend wants to see my closet and talk more about capsule wardrobes tonight.

No idea what to make for supper tonight. We had fettucine Alfredo last night. I did not enjoy it. Dh cooked and the pasta wasn't cooked enough. I wasn't going to say anything because he insisted on cooking.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 am

It's nifty to see Twins' Mom opening our thread this a.m.

I was in bed before 10 last evening, if not as early as 9:30. So unusual for me, as I am an 11-to-12-ish person these days with no oh-dark-thirty school alarm any more, and 7 is "morning" around here. This just reinforces to me that social situations drain the life right out of me. :lol: or at least the wakefulness.

Normalcy is exactly what I need this week. A few things are on the calendar, but they are not stressful.

I will take advantage of some time alone today and wrap a couple presents for HRH.

Ya'll would have laughed at my comic timing yesterday. Dd and I arrived home from rehearsal and saw that a large box had been left on the porch quite early, but HRH must have missed seeing the driver. (yay) Literally while HRH's back was turned in the front room, she scooted through, walked around him and kept him chatting looking in that direction, while I carried the cumbersome thing in right behind him! (not heavy, but too big to ignore) It has been hidden in the front bathtub with curtain pulled all night.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:02 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Today is a Monday. Yup.

Thursday-Friday-Saturday were so crazybusy that yesterday I took the day off. In fact, I thought I would take a quick nap in the afternoon and ended up sleeping 4 HOURS! That may have been a delayed reaction to the flu shot, too.

As a result, I did not get any yard work done yesterday. I need to schedule that in sometime this week.

Not today, though. This morning I'll clean the kitchen. I'll also cook ground beef with onions to put in the freezer for a jump start to a few quick suppers. Must write checks to mail on my way to work. This afternoon and evening I'll be at work; we have some boxes of new books to process, which is always fun.

My calendar for this week looks rather open so far. Sewing projects need to move to the top of the priority list, or I won't be able to finish them in time for Christmas gifts.

Elizabeth ~ I'm so sorry about Tiki Marvelous. It's hard to let go of an old friend, but of course you know you did the right thing for Tiki even though heartbreaking for DD15 and you. Good news for Briggs to find a forever home.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:07 am

Emptynester! Hello!

In the time I posted that she was gone. :(

Time for me to put the steak soup together and get it simmering for the day. Of course I forgot to get the steak out to thaw! :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:21 am

Welcome home d Twins!!! Have a restful, quiet and thoroughly enjoyable day

Waving to empty nester when she comes back in to say hello ~~~

Good morning d cathy so nice of your dh help friend with snow tires. I hope you have a lovely day!

d harriet good morning - it is neat to see our d twins back! I hope your whole week is completely fulfilling and normalcy abounds.

hello and Good day d book! I am happy you took a day off.. good for you! and a nap too - wonderful!

Hello hello d Dee - may you also have a great day!

Good morning to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:26 am

I can't believe it's already 8:21 am (old time 9:21 - :shock: )

I didn't touch my checking account or charge card yesterday- I made it such a big and scary job that I wouldn't even look at it (I used to look at it daily - now its months - how did that happen)

So today I will bite the bullet and open my account (I will only do 5 things at a time because I am afraid to see how much money I spent - I write down everything but I haven't subtracted the amounts I actually have spent... not good) I have been paying off my credit card (before) as I spent but recently I have not even opened the bill but just paid a dollar amount - I am terrified to see. So today is do the job I don't want to do.

Knock on wood - today I should be home except for the gym walk. (I have my at home card pulled)

today also: empty out drawers in hallway bathroom and let dd younger go through it

go through one box of christmas - now is the time to donate things I don't need - the donation places will take christmas stuff this week

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:41 am

Harriet said:
This just reinforces to me that social situations drain the life right out of me.

Yes, yes and yes!

I'm puttering my way through my a.m. routine and a third cup of coffee. I started the dishwasher and a load of towels in the washer.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:58 am

:D agree!

I have to be a grown up and get started.

Return to “Post When You Can”