Monday, Monday, so good to me...

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Monday, Monday, so good to me...

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Never heard of "Fed" BCBS, AG. Probably not available in NY state. We've pretty well decided to acquire a health insurance broker to help us through this process next year. It's now too late for this year.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Hello, my name is Lucy, and I'm an organizationalmethodsaholic.
So... last night I decided I wanted a bullet journal. So I'm trying that out for the rest of November. In addition to my 3x5s... and wall calendars... and purse calendar...
This may be a little bit overkill, you think?
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Is anyone having trouble posting photos. I tried to do something a few weeks ago and it didn't work but I was up late and I thought it was me.

I tried again today and from two browsers and it won't work.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Oh -- AND my daily checklist!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Today is a shower day but I'm not showered.

I spent hours this morning on the financial stuff and then didn't have time to shower and get to the microwave stand in time. So I sponge bathed and did the drop off at the apartment. There was no room for the microwave stand not trying to get it in a rush was the right call. Now I'm just sick with upset so don't want to bother.

I was going to post a picture of the junk put out for our refugees. There is only a couple of items that aren't duplicates. One is a triplicate. And another is a bundt pan which I'm sure every refugee needs. Still no pressure cooker but at least they finally dropped off the pots. Don't know if they washed them.

The mother of the bully who has been forcing stuff on us has agreed to remove all the things and the table 'we weren't trying to go behind you back.'

Hmmmmm, wait until I'm almost done then dump boxes upon boxes of stuff onto a table you also added (after removing what was there and taking up the room for the planned microwave stand) and do all that without saying you were going to bring in more furniture. And after I'm done for the weekend and they knew I wouldn't be back. And the reason they knew I was done was I sent an email saying don't bring anything but the pots and any or all of the items on this list of missing items.

I already had 2 kettles there. They added a third. And a blender. And two fancy pots (that may be nice) and tons of baking things (but there's already tons of baking things there.) A flipper and ladle, to go with the ones we have there now.

What burns me is taking away a place to put the electric kettle and coffee maker. There is 24" of counter space. So adding the kettle and coffee maker to that space makes so much sense. They also took away the food storage cabinet. What in the world were they thinking?

If they weren't going behind my back they would have met with me at the space and gone over what they thought and listened to my reply. Maybe let me open the cupboard to show them the measuring cups and spoons.

They were completely going against us. There is no other explanation.

No, I can't change the locks, the mother of the bully who has spent 2 weeks harassing me daily is the co-signer of the lease.

We can't even get a service call for the plugged sink. That is something our refugees have to do.

I've lost today to upset. I slept poorly last night (headed to bed for 9:30 but they emailed me and I looked at it so didn't get to bed until 10:30 and asleep after midnight.)

I'm exhausted from all I've been doing and I still have a ton of work to do.

What I have done, though, is told them we are considering just dropping all the items we have in storage at the next home and will let them do the setup. It is required under the agreement, we just took it on so the church people would have a chance to do things and feel more involved.

I told them today that if everything dropped off is not gone by 10 tomorrow, I'm leaving everything in the apartment as is. The bed unmade, furniture all over the place, the kitchen piled high with castoffs and I will not add the flowers, the fruit and coffee and tea I had planned to leave there since there is no point, there is no surface to prep a snack at. They've even piled boxes on the stove so you can't use the kettle.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Lucylee: I hope you like the bullet journal. I love mine.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi everyone! The meeting left me with lots of homework: two new reports and a modification to an old one. I have to transcribe the meeting notes and add the assignments to my grand master change list.

I wish I could help Kathryn set that apartment to rights.

Thought this might amuse y'all: DD15 was talking to me about how Tiki is now in a better place with a body that works properly and never has pain. She got quiet, then asked me, "Mom, what do vets DO in Heaven? And doctors and police officers?"

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:57 pm

BCBS - Blue cross Blue shield is what we have available in Illinois
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Good afternoon :D

ran errands with d mom and we stopped at o live garden - we like their soup and salad
Came home just a bit ago
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:05 pm

Elizabeth, I'm also glad that Tiki isn't suffering. Your house must be so quiet. I know you miss her.

Heading to grocery, may do quick visit to see dmom. Locksmith came and fixed the deadbolt on the back door.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”