Anti-Procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Anti-Procrastination Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:15 pm

quick hi - I woke at 10:30! :shock: E-Gads! I originally woke up at 6 and thought - I will just lay down for a second longer - and poof there went my time.

feeling a bit bad as relative mentioned that she couldn't understand why dinosaurs where not in the bible - she believes that everything was created exactly at the same time and if dinosaurs are not in the bible there is a problem... sigh - it's so hard for me to just breath in and not say anything - but I need to be respectful. I am usually pretty kind but there are only two people in the world who rub me the wrong way and it is not her fault that I had to open my mouth - dd really was respectful - she always seems to know the right thing to say. I did apologize but I did find myself being opinionated and I hate it - maybe because of our past couple years. oh well
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Bw2 btdt,

I remembered the last think raking leaves. Still to do.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Sad sad sad. Just talked to a friend who used to volunteer with the animal org. I knew she had dementia and is being looked after by relatives. It was like talking to my grandfather again (deceased in the mid 1980s). Big plans to move back to where she used to live. Saving up money for it (a good thing) and keeping her drivers license up to date (irrelevant due to no car keys). She had some trouble thinking of a few words, but was lucid and coherent. However, neither she nor my grandfather would ever be able to return to what they consider home.

I predict a leashed dog in Kathryn's future. I learned from a vet that when a dog or cat is hit by a car, they don't remember it, so they don't know to avoid them in the future. My two human friends who have been hit by cars at age 8 and 10 confirm this. They were able to look at their broken limb and the street they landed on and come to the logical conclusion. The people running to check on them and the ambulances held further clues.

Blessedw2: You might mention to the person concerned about dinosaurs that the common domestic cat does not appear in the Bible. Nor, I think, do squirrels and certainly not any South American animals. I doubt this causes any problem for her.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Elizabeth: it is Twin's that will have a leashed dog! It took me a minute to figure out why I got named in that comment.

I have sent 2 emails and had lunch.

I'll start laundry and then a nap. Neither can be put off any longer!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Ah, Elizabeth, I think you're talking about my sweet Muffin. Yes, I may need to leash her, but it was remarkable to see her move faster. A lot of days we walk around our circle and never see a car at all however. In her youth she was incorrigible about chasing cars in my mother's rural neighborhood.

I ordered chocolate gelt (coins wrapped in foil) for Hanukkah, and a usb dvd player for my computer so I can watch the Tai chi video.

Finished up that round, need to leave here in about 20 minutes. Going to water plants next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Sticky traps. I will NEVER forget the night our dog got a sticky trap containing a large, live rat, stuck in his mouth! Oh how I wish I had a video.
I just stood at the door, ROFLOL, while ds and dh chased him around the yard. Ds finally yelled at me: "If you're not going to get out here and HELP us, QUIT laughing at us!!!"
It was hilarious.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:17 pm

antidisprocrastinationism?

disantiprocrastinationalism?

:| what? It's a fair question. I mean, no one could say, "you'll never use this in real life."

Oh, you'll use it. You just wouldn't know what to call it.

and I'll tell you a sobering thought. My spellcheck just allows the second one to stand. Think about THAT. :geek: or put it off and think about it tomorrow.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi!

Blessedw2 your comment about the dinosaurs reminded me of what a JW friend posted on FB this morning. A picture of Santa Claus with a comment about how he wasn't mentioned in the bible and neither were dinosaurs. Her morning posts are always very JW and her evening posts are pictures of fire fighters pictures from calendars or other partially clad men in kilts or just close ups of men's chests.

Big news! Dh has been on his radical diet since last Monday and he has lost 10 pounds, regained a notch on his belt and his work shirts are all loose over his belly. The most noticeable being the loose shirts right now.

Supper is in the oven. We are having a baked cottage roll with potatoes, onions and carrots around it.

I washed my hair after dh left at lunch time. Then I realized that I had no onions in the house and I had to go out to the garage.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi, everybody.

I was also :shock: at tearing up the $400 charge. That's bound to keep the lady needing to compose herself, in a good way.

Today HRH and I stopped putting off a visit to a financial guy. It was a little stressful, but okay. I know him, from the days of dealing with my parents' stuff, but HRH was just meeting him. I was worried HRH wouldn't trust him or like him (not a problem - they got on fine) or that the fellow would be disappointed in us if we didn't take all his advice (not a problem either).

HRH was amused to see his own life span estimated at 93 years. The fellow explained that mine was his average of my parents' but when he got to HRH he didn't have much to go on. "Sorry, but knowing your wife's influence, I figured I could only knock off a couple years for you." This nearly put HRH under the table laughing at "influence" (according to him, "nagging"), so they got off on the right foot.

While we were out we also grocery shopped and came home with a buffet meal to have here at home.

Ta-Das from yesterday were many Desk Day chores for the church. Report sent, bulletin board announcement printed, bills up to date. Oops, just typing this I thought of another chore - sigh. But hopefully I can do it by phone.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:01 pm

i was at friends and she is part of relatives church and she never heard of that as a church teaching - i had asked how she was taught- i always find it really interesting to speak w others about each others faith-- don't get me wrong i wasn't rude but did say that i couldn't see that - i need to keep quiet
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”