Thursday's PWYC - It's Tomorrow!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thursday's PWYC - It's Tomorrow!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:14 am

If you put off your anti-procrastination tasks until 'tomorrow', guess what? It's tomorrow.

Go get going.

At the very least, do one item from your morning dailies list. I have. The dishwasher and dish rack are emptied and things put away (because I recognize that emptying the dishwasher doesn't necessarily mean things are put away!)

blessedw2

Re: Thursday's PWYC - It's Tomorrow!

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 am

oh my gosh I needed that today d kathryn! Good morning by the way!

~waving at you too d lucy and to everyone.

thank you for the insights yesterday.

d elizabeth sorry df is showing signs of dementia- my heart goes to her.

to everyone Good morning (or good evening) may it be wonderful!

I literally slept from 2 until 7 yesterday afternoon - I have no idea why I slept but I was exhausted - I also went to bed around 11:30 and slept until 5:45 this morning! :o ;) I had a lot planned yesterday and just pulled out all the christmas - I had planned on putting lights outside and garland.

so far I started in the freezer and will continue that work - I do not want to put the vacuum cleaner on as the my family is still asleep.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:24 am

Think that "anti-procrastination" list will always be. I've been up since 6:30 and have very little to show for it. I'm just sipping my coffee and then am getting busy.

Last night I took all the clothing and linens from the laundry room, folded and sorted them all. Dh put a table up for me in the living room. DD had 1 pile about 10" high, dsonil OTHOH had many piles much higher than that. DD has plans to put some dressers in his walk-in closet to put them all in -so there's a start. He really didn't want her to do that at first as "the laundry room is so convenient". But it also creates a huge mess. Now to go in there and finish cleaning up today. Dh is going to put some shelving in there for her but not until after Thanksgiving.

Not sure how many we will have here for Thanksgiving. DSis of Dsonil was moved from ICU yesterday to a floor where she'll receive rehab and chemo. Dr. said she'll be in there at least 2 months and there's no promises about her recovery. Know dh's db and dsisil and her dsis at least will be here.

Just heard the washer ding for a load dsonil put in. Think I'll go transfer it to the dryer twin and then I'll fold them when they're done (just so they don't end up in a heap on the washer or counter.)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:28 am

My anti-procrastination for "tomorrow" today is to pick up all the surfaces in our bedroom.

Dh likes "S crubbing B ubbles" automatic shower cleaner but I can't find it in the stores any more. I did finally find it online at Wmart and ordered 6 bottles. At some point last night -and we can't figure out when as we always hear when someone comes here and the dog barks- FedEx delivered 2 boxes. They were there when dd went out to leave for work at 6:45 (about an hour later than usual for her -she has a training today elsewhere). Can't wait until we have things back where they belong. We spent well over an hour last night looking for dsonil's discharge papers for the remortgage they're trying to do. DD did finally find them, made copies and put them in his notebook. So hopefully we won't be looking for that piece of paper again. Did come across all the papers that dd copied of the restraining order against T. Going to put one sleeve of them here on the desk so I know where they are.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:29 am

My washing got caught up today. I chose a much shorter 15' cycle and think it works as well.
odd showers in forecast didn't happen.
walked 3k. slowly.

Sending greetings to the new arrivals in Canada.
Hugs and prayers to all.
Good night
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:30 am

praying your d sil finds that paper!
d dee have a wonderful day!

yay d lynn on getting laundry caught up!
Good evening!!!

hi see d twins out there - good morning!!!

back to work - ha ha - I didn't even get started.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:39 am

Like Blessed, I slept well, from before 11 until 6:15 without interruption. Taking my bedtime vitamins earlier in the evening increases my chances of sleeping through (they are taken with 2 cups of water!)

I'm up. I've chatted a bit online with both W and his cousin who is my next family to arrive.

My throat is still killer sore. I'm starting in on the post nasal drip now. I'll gargle before brushing my teeth so see if that helps a bit and pull out the vitamin C tablets.

I've had my breakfast so time to go s2s and tidy the bedroom.

Lucylee: a list in the bullet journal might be a good idea. Most of the items on my list are written down elsewhere (or are part of my visible piles that also make up another of my to-do lists.) I don't think it hurts to have things in multiple locations, it keeps those items top of mind.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:40 am

Lucylee: I was wondering about your take on the scandal. It is playing even here in our news. Yes, it was a long time ago and I would say uninvited touching and kissing were more the norm back then so I have trouble judging that behaviour as inappropriate and egregious then as I would if it occurred now. I would say that the coast-liberal culture says any male in his thirties, routinely pursuing girls he knows are in high school, is a creep. And I believe their thinking is if he was a creep then, he is still a creep. (Not sure I agree with that, but I do think he's a poor political representative when I consider his body of work.)

I would also say that given your personal experience, I never expected you to agree with that coastal liberal interpretation and, on top of that, given your dh was allowed to continue in his job until retirement, such behaviour isn't viewed the same way in Alabama culture as it is in mine (such behaviour is a firing offense wherever the behaviour happened, even with students from other schools since the age difference inserts a power imbalance so informed consent is deemed not possible.)

One of the good things that is coming out of this is if the coastal liberals are going to attack fully, they also have to hold Bill Clinton and the Kennedys to the same standard. So some of the hypocrisy is ending.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:48 am

Good morning, bw2, Dee, Kathryn and all....

I need to be out of here in about an hour for a massage. I'd like a do over on anti procrastination day, myself.

Dh was in a mood like a big grumpy bear last night. Nothing was right - I forgot to return his script, he didn't like what I was making for supper, and didn't like that I had transferred money to my account without telling him. He has decided he doesn't like the chicken thighs - I have been making them some because I've been on a new WOE (way of eating) with higher fat, slower carbs and no, or less, sugar.

He did apologize for telling me just last night that there is a client event tonight for his office, to which wives are invited. He apparently wasn't around, or missed the memo, that wives were included. So I agreed to go. Not what I'd rather do, but I'll dress, put on makeup and go. :roll:

-breakfast and meds
-walk the dog
-get cleaned up, dressed, brush teeth
-out the door

I have a list going for anti-procrastination - I think I might do my version of chore bingo this afternoon.

Still haven't decided on what to do for the Pro Gen assignment.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:00 am

Edited to remove....
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”